IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

As it's quiet! 

What an absolute plank.

Up there with the ‘Thank you Matty Taylor’ guy and that utter belter who filmed himself driving round the Car Park of his local Sainsbury’s singing that shit Irene song (that’ll show em).

Worth more and bigger and better than we’ll ever be.

Okaaay....

AACC4A48-89D4-4E68-80E1-F0251922C19B.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It is looking more and more likely that some, if not all our previous board of directors are looking to become directly involved again in our club. It is almost like their names are being drip fed to see what the reaction of our fans will be. 

NH was mentioned by a long term fan at Scunthorpe on the weekend, which staggered me. Eddie Ware of course cropped up in conversations on here recently. 

Now Chris Jelf has been added to the list, presumably as the acceptable face of the previous board. 

Our previous board could not raise the funding to put in place the stadium that we desperately need, but there does seem to be some mileage in the idea that they are looking to work with the rumoured Far East investors that seem to be circling, in order to build the stadium.

Whilst we would all love to see a new stadium, which is what we thought we were getting from our current owners, the potential pitfall with this, looking at other clubs with Far Eastern investors, is how they are faring. Wolves for instance are going well, but others are not. 

Of course, with any new owners, the issue of cost to the club has to come to the fore. Rent/leasehold costs (Coventry City comes to mind) etc etc could kill us, but so could the lack of a quality stadium. 

Our former directors didnt succeed last time they were here, so I'm not confident that they can this time. There is an alternative group interested in taking us on, so it will be mighty interesting to see what is on offer from both. Whatever the future holds, one thing is for sure in my opinion. That is that the Mem will not be redeveloped, and it looks highly unlikely that the Colony will be redeveloped anytime soon.

The losses are rocketing, so progress on a stadium is absolutely vital to ensure the future of our club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

and serious investors won't look at Bristol Rovers, they may look at us because we have the facilities in place but there are so many other clubs with much better facilities in the lower leagues that they would look at first, plymouth, portsmouth, doncaster, rotherham, all bigger and better clubs 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

and serious investors won't look at Bristol Rovers, they may look at us because we have the facilities in place but there are so many other clubs with much better facilities in the lower leagues that they would look at first, plymouth, portsmouth, doncaster, rotherham, all bigger and better clubs 

That list would be endless and include half the Conference Prem clubs! 

I genuinely can’t think of a worse stadium in the football league and now they don’t even own that, thanks to Wally’s charge on it. 

• Like 1

The problem the sags have regarding investments is that any potential investor / buyer has to clear the debts before anything else. 

Just to stand still they would have to spend millions. That can't make the club an attractive proposition for anyone. 

An investor puts money in with the expectation of getting more back at some point. I don't see how Rovers could be in that situation.

• Like 1

I've seen a few posts in which people say that WAQ's charge over the Mem means NLBRFC2015 either don't own it or that it's value has been reduced. Neither is wrong exactly, but also neither is an accurate description of the effect of a charge.

Essentially, it works the same as a mortgage. The charge doesn't change who owns the land. However, if it is sold, the charge holder (WAQ/Dwayne Sports) gets paid first. We're told the charge is to cover the £10m loan meaning the charge holder gets the first £10m of any sum paid to buy the ground. It does not devalue the property. Same as if you sell a house with a mortgage, the bank gets its cut first, and you get whatever is left (proceeds of sale). 

It is, however, unlikely the ground would be sold. If the club is sold, WAQ/DS will be bought out and their loan repaid, meaning the charge will be removed. The new owners can then charge or sell their new asset as they wish. 

The charge doesn't change who owns the Mem or its value, except that in effect, the charge holder 'owns' the first £10m and so the value to the seller (not the buyer) is reduced by the same amount. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

I've seen a few posts in which people say that WAQ's charge over the Mem means NLBRFC2015 either don't own it or that it's value has been reduced. Neither is wrong exactly, but also neither is an accurate description of the effect of a charge.

Essentially, it works the same as a mortgage. The charge doesn't change who owns the land. However, if it is sold, the charge holder (WAQ/Dwayne Sports) gets paid first. We're told the charge is to cover the £10m loan meaning the charge holder gets the first £10m of any sum paid to buy the ground. It does not devalue the property. Same as if you sell a house with a mortgage, the bank gets its cut first, and you get whatever is left (proceeds of sale). 

It is, however, unlikely the ground would be sold. If the club is sold, WAQ/DS will be bought out and their loan repaid, meaning the charge will be removed. The new owners can then charge or sell their new asset as they wish. 

The charge doesn't change who owns the Mem or its value, except that in effect, the charge holder 'owns' the first £10m and so the value to the seller (not the buyer) is reduced by the same amount. 

You are exactly right. 

So... unless someone is prepared to cover Wally’s £10million before they spend a penny on actual investment, then Rovers are left without a pot to piss in. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are exactly right. 

So... unless someone is prepared to cover Wally’s £10million before they spend a penny on actual investment, then Rovers are left without a pot to piss in. 

They’d just take a charge out on the Mem themselves for that 10 mill, wouldn’t change anything.  New investors may see more in UWE, have more of an appetite for risk than the Al Qadi’s or have a different stadium project in mind.

17 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

But what it means in reality is:

If WAQ/DS can find a new buyer (good luck with that), the selling price will be £10m+ which if it is achieved will enable WAQ/DS to walk away without having paid a penny from their own pockets for period of their ownership of the 15ers. The new owner will have to take on the ever rising debt as well as the "asset" that is the Memorial Stadium. They'll also have to be prepared to invest £50m to build a brand new, world class stadium comprising 27,501 seats to satisfy the 8,200 faithful and true.

If WAQ/DS can't find a buyer, either

1. WAQ/DS decide to benevolently fund the 15ers long into the future (because that's what hard-nosed investment bankers like to do)
  2. the selling price will rise, in line with the incurred losses (unlikely) or
  3. WAQ/DS will have to take action to prevent further losses (administration). From the outside, this seems to be the most likely outcome.

Personally, I think that the only way out of this for the 15ers is for the supporters to galvanise themselves and persuade HG to sell his business to buy the club and its ground, probably from the Administrator in order to get the best price. Any prospect of redeveloping the ground or building a new one disappear in the scenario although expect to see crowdfunding efforts start in 2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Using the mortgage analogy presumably if they default on interest payments it opens the door for the lender to take ownership of the borrowers assets?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Using the mortgage analogy presumably if they default on interest payments it opens the door for the lender to take ownership of the borrowers assets?

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

ding ding ding ding, we have a winner,

But aren’t “they” paying him interest from the money taken against the charge..? Effectively borrowing more money to pay interest on the monies already borrowed, all stacking up against the ground..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Personally, I think that the only way out of this for the 15ers is for the supporters to galvanise themselves and persuade HG to sell his business to buy the club and its ground, probably from the Administrator in order to get the best price. Any prospect of redeveloping the ground or building a new one disappear in the scenario although expect to see crowdfunding efforts start in 2018.

I think this is indeed what the future holds for them; I await the comedy hour when Geoff interviews the new Chairman on "Having a Gas".

"Well Mr Henbury; I understand that the ground has been sold so the council can build an incinerator, Stu Sinclair is back to begging in the precinct again, you're renting at Twerton again, the club never owned the training ground in the first place because it was bought directly by Dwane Sports, and you're bottom of the fourth division.  It's not looking good is it?"

"You been listening to them gurt Teds, Geoff; it's all going really well.  I have total faith in myself as owner and anybody who doesn't isn't a proper gashead.  We have lots of assets but they just don't show up in the accounts and our league position is in no way reflective of the way that we have played in those games, all the referees are secret Teds who just want us to lose." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But aren’t “they” paying him interest from the money taken against the charge..? Effectively borrowing more money to pay interest on the monies already borrowed, all stacking up against the ground..?

My thoughts are that when the money taken against the charge runs out they are ****** unless they can raise cash via a January sale of their talented squad members.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

My thoughts are that when the money taken against the charge runs out they are ****** unless they can raise cash via a January sale of their talented squad members.

Talented squad members..?

Are you aware who this thread is about..?! 

• Haha 7