IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In all seriousness, if/when DC jumps ship, who the hell is going to want to take over..?!

No money, horrific stadium, 3rd world training facilities, below average players, average support, questionable owners.... it’s hardly a job that anyone decent is going to be in a rush to take on. 

During my tenure as manager of Daventry Town Reserves in the United Counties League, I really didn't't have any aspirations to move onwards and upwards within the beautiful game, so I resisted overtures from the likes of Northampton Old Chenecks and Peterborough North Star.    However............ a sideways step to Chernobyl would interest me if and when it becomes available.  Pen poised, ladies and gentlemen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

it fell through because they couldn't meet their share of the fiances,  The UWE asked for proof, they couldn't so they pulled out trying to save face, hence the UWE being in the dark and still willing to go ahead wit the project,

Ever since WAQ and Hamer have been in charges they've been trying to whore themselves to try and find investors to pay for the UWE, they didn't find any, the shit is still hitting the fan and the money is running out fast,

unless they get a cash injection from the family then the shit really will hit the fan (the fact the father has only guaranteed the funding until Mar 2018 should be a massive concern)  

Can you provide some clue as to your source without necessarily breaking cover of course?

51 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So he's saying there's a correlation between training facilities and results on the pitch, then provides an example to back up his argument which proves the opposite. Genius!

(If Bury use Man City's old facilities why are they bottom of the league, sh*tferbrains?!)

Arh yes but you might have forgotten, there were mitigating circumstances with Bury; they were managed by Lee whatshisface. Arhhhh yes another Clarke. 

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jackofromrugby said:

During my tenure as manager of Daventry Town Reserves in the United Counties League, I really didn't't have any aspirations to move onwards and upwards within the beautiful game, so I resisted overtures from the likes of Northampton Old Chenecks and Peterborough North Star.    However............ a sideways step to Chernobyl would interest me if and when it becomes available.  Pen poised, ladies and gentlemen!

You’re obviously a good manager. You don’t want to go backwards . Bigger clubs will come available. Like Eden grove 

• Haha 3

If we lose Holden to Bury, how about the dog botherer as one of the assistants to little Lee at our proper football club? I'm not sure my ribs could survive the amount of laughter I would emit if he came out in a BCFC tracksuit! They would be apoplectic! ;) 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

If we lose Holden to Bury, how about the dog botherer as one of the assistants to little Lee at a proper football club? I'm not sure my ribs could survive the amount of laughter I would emit! They would be apoplectic! ;) 

No chance! 

However, if Scott Murray were to retire...! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure if he can master the luxury of complex new technologies, like a washing machine, then it’s a small price to pay. 

Of course, as they're '30 years behind', it would be a bowl, washing board and a mangle up there. Not even a twin tub! (I seem to know far too much about washing machines :blink:).

Image result for washer woman

Come on over Daryl, you know it makes sense. ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

it fell through because they couldn't meet their share of the fiances,  The UWE asked for proof, they couldn't so they pulled out trying to save face, hence the UWE being in the dark and still willing to go ahead wit the project,

Ever since WAQ and Hamer have been in charges they've been trying to whore themselves to try and find investors to pay for the UWE, they didn't find any, the shit is still hitting the fan and the money is running out fast,

unless they get a cash injection from the family then the shit really will hit the fan (the fact the father has only guaranteed the funding until Mar 2018 should be a massive concern)  

They have to provide fiancés?? 

Is that because of the Arab involvement? Sounds dangerously like people trafficking to me.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure if he can master the luxury of complex new technologies, like a washing machine, then it’s a small price to pay. 

Imagine it... 

LJ: Oi! DARYLL. This kit is still soaking. Put it on a spin cycle for 30 minutes.

DC: Okay boss. Leave it with me.

30 minutes later...

LJ: I don't think this is going to work out.

DC: I did what you said. Come and look.

bike.jpg

• Haha 4

I tend not to read The Post these days because to be frank, it is horseshit, but Jack Vittles' Comical Ali reporting of their fortunes in it is always good for a laugh and true to form there are a couple of absolute belters here:

"Sky high expectations"

Seriously? From a club that plays in a ground that is easily one of the worst in the football league, can't apparently fund its own training ground & who have lost 7 out of 8, which he has described as a "sticky spell" bit of an understatement or what?

Perhaps it is being less than 16 points behind Shrewsbury at this stage of the season, eh?

My favourite though is their "top six fanbase' which is based on what, exactly?

Certainly not on actual crowds, Bradford, Pompey and Charlton leave them absolutely standing, whereas Blackburn and MK Dons are better supported plus Plymouth, who had a higher gate recently on the same day against Rochdale when they were rock bottom, would certainly average more with comparable results..

Utter propaganda or as I said earlier, horseshit, you choose..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to remember that they were told pre season that they would have a top 6 budget, so it's fair to assume that some people signed up for a season ticket in anticipation.

So they have a “top 6 budget”, “top 6 support”, finished top 10 last season and currently sit..... 15th!

Someone’s not doing a very good job, are they Darrell..?!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So they have a “top 6 budget”, “top 6 support”, finished top 10 last season and currently sit..... 15th!

Someone’s not doing a very good job, are they Darrell..?!

Clarke has made it clear that he hasn't got a top 6 budget.  I presume Hamer meant that Clarke was given a budget which should enable him to get the team into the top 6, which is a totally different scenario. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Clarke has made it clear that he hasn't got a top 6 budget.  I presume Hamer meant that Clarke was given a budget which should enable him to get the team into the top 6, which is a totally different scenario. 

So it’s been bullshit all the way. Strange you’ve gone from the 6th richest club in England. (You’re fans ) to having nothing 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Darrell is talking rubbish. 

Rovers are nowhere near 30 years behind. 

More like 50 or 60.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Darrell is talking rubbish. 

Rovers are nowhere near 30 years behind. 

More like 50 or 60.

I started in 66. The gate then was a better ground than the Mem now. Our team was better and we had a chairman with ground improvements that he would deliver. So 60 is about right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackofromrugby said:

P'boro' NS actually played in TWO rounds of the FA cup this season!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The ability of their fans to cause embarrassment is not just limited to the Mem ... could be that they are about to claim squatters' rights?

Football flag bearing face of Fred West shocks fans at Gloucester City game

FredWestFlag.jpg

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/football-flag-bearing-face-fred-788296

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The ability of their fans to cause embarrassment is not just limited to the Mem ... could be that they are about to claim squatters' rights?

Football flag bearing face of Fred West shocks fans at Gloucester City game

FredWestFlag.jpg

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/football-flag-bearing-face-fred-788296

Idiots.

God knows what the Gloucester City fans think of them turning up with that?