IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The ability of their fans to cause embarrassment is not just limited to the Mem ... could be that they are about to claim squatters' rights?

Football flag bearing face of Fred West shocks fans at Gloucester City game

FredWestFlag.jpg

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/football-flag-bearing-face-fred-788296

Sick scum. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The ability of their fans to cause embarrassment is not just limited to the Mem ... could be that they are about to claim squatters' rights?

Football flag bearing face of Fred West shocks fans at Gloucester City game

FredWestFlag.jpg

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/football-flag-bearing-face-fred-788296

National news now

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sick-flag-serial-killer-fred-11534197

• Like 1

Not in the EP yet though strangely.

I wonder if, were we to have a Leeds branch, and they had a City flag with a picture of, say, Jimmy Savile on it there would have been the same lack of coverage? I think not.

The pages would have been filled with outraged s*gs demanding we were closed down (and Ashton Gate given to them free of course)

• Haha 1

Topper Gas Avatar
Having been sat on the fence this week having heard that interview and seen what DC has said in tonight's BP you now have to fear the worse. Although not sure where the club goes from here. 

Just listen to the DC interview, he's been shafted and is doing his very best to be loyal and put on a brave face on his dissapointment.

It clear DC has no better idea what's going on with the Colony let alone the Mem. than we do.

He's trying to be positive but it's still clear he has no idea if or when the infrasture promised will be delived.

Seems communication with DC is little better than it is with us fans. 

Wael and Hani get your act together ...

fans turning on wael and hani the penny droped at last 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Why would you want a photo by the entrance to Auschwitz? Let alone holding a Gas flag? Seriously that is just all kinds of wrong.

Unbelievably disrespectful mate. To be fair, gas fans I have shown that pic to are equally as disgusted as we are.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Why would you want a photo by the entrance to Auschwitz? Let alone holding your clubs flag? I’d sincerely hope that he wasn’t unaware of the significance of the place. 

Don`t forget these are the same fans that thought it was funny to sing `Is there a fire drill?` at Valley Parade.

• Sad 1

Hugo the Elder Avatar
Feeling The Blues Avatar
We go round and round in circles. How anyone can still think it’s not the ALQs fault when they have ceased all communication since (and in the months before) is beyond belief. If it wasn’t their mess we’d have heard a lot more from them. 

DC has basically told you in his interview who he thinks is to blame. The Fake Sheiks.

To blame for what?

Well, how about a failure to communicate in any meaningful way with the fans who pay good money to watch ...the string of broken promises such as top 6 budge, development of Colony for start of next season. Then there is lack of any real plan to develop or redevelop the Mem following the very poorly explained decision to walk away from UWE when 6 months before the landing lights were on. It's a shambles if I'm honest with debts building up and all charged on the Mem so the family risks nothing. 

There was such good communication and trust to start with which created expectations and now silence is the means of communication. Then the hints from staff that all is not well and the rumours start to fly just as you would expect when people are worried about the future of their club.

I think most of us just need reassurance and to know there is plan for moving forward and when developments will happen.

I want to love the Al Qadis' but they make it very, very hard to do so that present.  For some the trust has broken forever but for most of us I think the family can save this situation by simply communicating a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Why would you want a photo by the entrance to Auschwitz? Let alone holding your clubs flag? I’d sincerely hope that he wasn’t unaware of the significance of the place. 

JP, I've been there and you cannot fail to be aware of the significance, it's truly shattering. I don't mind admitting that I sobbed like a baby when I went there but certainly don't regret going. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Hugo the Elder Avatar
Feeling The Blues Avatar
We go round and round in circles. How anyone can still think it’s not the ALQs fault when they have ceased all communication since (and in the months before) is beyond belief. If it wasn’t their mess we’d have heard a lot more from them. 

DC has basically told you in his interview who he thinks is to blame. The Fake Sheiks.

To blame for what?

Well, how about a failure to communicate in any meaningful way with the fans who pay good money to watch ...the string of broken promises such as top 6 budge, development of Colony for start of next season. Then there is lack of any real plan to develop or redevelop the Mem following the very poorly explained decision to walk away from UWE when 6 months before the landing lights were on. It's a shambles if I'm honest with debts building up and all charged on the Mem so the family risks nothing. 

There was such good communication and trust to start with which created expectations and now silence is the means of communication. Then the hints from staff that all is not well and the rumours start to fly just as you would expect when people are worried about the future of their club.

I think most of us just need reassurance and to know there is plan for moving forward and when developments will happen.

I want to love the Al Qadis' but they make it very, very hard to do so that present.  For some the trust has broken forever but for most of us I think the family can save this situation by simply communicating a little.

Laughing at their situation but also how frickin huge that owl looks on my mobile screen! 

9 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

If that’s the same photo that was posted on here a few years ago, it was put on Facebook with the tagline ‘Auschwitz Gas’.

Not the cleverest choice of words.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

JP, I've been there and you cannot fail to be aware of the significance, it's truly shattering. I don't mind admitting that I sobbed like a baby when I went there but certainly don't regret going. 

I can imagine mate, which makes this moron, and the moron who took the photo’s actions all the more incomprehensible.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nope. It did happen. TBF a lot of the older ones stopped it going on too long.

By all accounts it was sung late in the game when home fans were leaving the ground whilst their team were losing.

”Is there a fire drill” is often sung at other grounds in the same situation. It’s possible that some of their fans are just thick and, maybe like the ‘Auschwitz Gas’ fella, don’t have the brain capacity to think about their surroundings when doing this stuff.

If I remember correctly, the chant at Bradford was heavily criticised on their forum.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

By all accounts it was sung late in the game when home fans were leaving the ground whilst their team were losing.

”Is there a fire drill” is often sung at other grounds in the same situation. It’s possible that their fans are just thick and, maybe like the ‘Auschwitz Gas’ fella, don’t have the brain capacity to think about their surroundings when doing this stuff.

I do know why it happened and also why their older, wiser fans stopped it. it says something when the ones who started it either didn`t know about the significance or worse, didn`t care. If there is one ground that song does not get sung at, it`s that one and I would hope all fans of all clubs would know that.

• Like 5