IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I do know why it happened and also why their older, wiser fans stopped it. it says something when the ones who started it either didn`t know about the significance or worse, didn`t care. If there is one ground that song does not get sung at, it`s that one and I would hope all fans of all clubs would know that.

You would hope so, unfortunately some scrotes don't seem to have a filter with regards to unacceptable behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In fairness, that goes for all clubs.

Yep, well remember Aberfan chants at AG, replied with chants about the Swiss air dissaster. 

There will always be misinformed/stupid people, and I was guilty of that back in the day, I'm sorry to admit.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Some hits from 1987 then......

Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Faith - George Michael..........

Well I guess it would be nice

If Wally spent some money

Or made a start on the colony

Before we're in League 2

And of course there was Black Monday when the pound crashed.

Yeah, all very relevant for Rovers......UWE crash, trying to keep FAITH, but LIVING ON A PRAYER.

FTG!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm completely and utterly staggered and angered by that complete tool and his flag, one of the most shocking and appalling atrocities and injustices ever inflicted upon humankind. He should be publicly shamed.

When visiting here some years back, just outside of Trieste, nothing but silence for the hour or so looking round and then nothing said for an hour outside as the impact of what we'd just seen hit home, and to this day i remember it vividly, glasses and human hair, unimaginable suffering and pain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risiera_di_San_Sabba

#showsomerespect

• Like 7

Of the 2 photos, there’s no excuse or explanation for the FW one, the Auschwitz one I hope was a misplaced show of compassion. Stupid and tacky but you can but hope. People are weird, when I went to New York we went to the 9/11 memorial and there were people taking smiley selfies in front of it.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Tell me that is a Photoshop job and not a real photo.

AFAIK it's genuine Rob, sadly.

BTW, to all, unless it's their photo, I don't think ITN has to justify someone else's stupidity just because they follow the same club. It's not ITN's fault.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, phantom said:

reads like someone who's fed up and firing one into the lack of funds from the owners, expect him to be gone by the turn of the year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

reads like someone who's fed up and firing one into the lack of funds from the owners, expect him to be gone by the turn of the year

I think he will have to walk, I doubt they can afford to pay him off. I think the board will be begging for a small up turn in their fortune to put Clarke back on people's radars Then they can screw someone for component whilst playing the "Out of out hands" card to their fans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Worry ye not gasheads because I have checked and, since leaving Chesterfield in glory in 2015, one of the best managers in the country, Dean Saunders, remains available.

Actually I suggest you sack Daryl now and get Deano appointed before Arsenal comes in for him.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
How does my phone manage to turn "one" into "a new"?
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t forget these are the same fans that thought it was funny to sing `Is there a fire drill?` at Valley Parade.

Did they really sing that? That is just about the most despicable chant I have ever heard from anyone.

As for the Fred West images, I can't imagine why they would want to be associated with him? He murdered and abused his own children amongst others, and ultimately was a coward and took no responsibility. Is that the image they want to portray?

Yes it might be only one or two of their fans, but I'm sure if anyone at this club was to attempt to display anything half as distasteful some of our fans would put a stop to it and rightly so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think he will have to walk, I doubt they can afford to pay him off. I think the board will be begging for a small up turn in their fortune to put Clarke back on people's radars Then they can screw someone for component whilst playing the "Out of out hands" card to their fans.

If he keeps having little digs at the club infrastructure and the lack of backing, they will have to act or lose serious face, not that they'll be too bothered when they sail off into the sunset with their £10M soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

I'm completely and utterly staggered and angered by that complete tool and his flag, one of the most shocking and appalling atrocities and injustices ever inflicted upon humankind. He should be publicly shamed.

When visiting here some years back, just outside of Trieste, nothing but silence for the hour or so looking round and then nothing said for an hour outside as the impact of what we'd just seen hit home, and to this day i remember it vividly, glasses and human hair, unimaginable suffering and pain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risiera_di_San_Sabba

#showsomerespect

Truly harrowing experience...!!

I couldn't believe my eyes at the end of the tour when entering one of the dormitories the walls were covered in graffiti in the form of people's names.. Some human beings are truly ****** up at times, why would you do this!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Did they really sing that? That is just about the most despicable chant I have ever heard from anyone.

As for the Fred West images, I can't imagine why they would want to be associated with him? He murdered and abused his own children amongst others, and ultimately was a coward and took no responsibility. Is that the image they want to portray?

Yes it might be only one or two of their fans, but I'm sure if anyone at this club was to attempt to display anything half as distasteful some of our fans would put a stop to it and rightly so.

yep sounds like a gashead

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t forget these are the same fans that thought it was funny to sing `Is there a fire drill?` at Valley Parade.

In defence of them, I believe it was the younger lot who did not know the significance of Bradford/Fire (and were using it as Bradford fans were leaving early) and were quickly told to pipe down.  It's entirely possible that 16-22/3 years may have never heard of the fire at Bradford. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, In the Net said:

Clarke has made it clear that he hasn't got a top 6 budget.  I presume Hamer meant that Clarke was given a budget which should enable him to get the team into the top 6, which is a totally different scenario. 

How does that make any sense? A budget which should enable you to be in the top 6 by definition should be a top 6 budget...if anything, in playing catch up it should be better than top 6 budget even! 

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

How does that make any sense? A budget which should enable you to be in the top 6 by definition should be a top 6 budget...if anything, in playing catch up it should be better than top 6 budget even! 

Hamer said that they had a top 6 budget in the pre-season

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-chairman-steve-hamer-89082

18 minutes ago, 29AR said:

They're nowhere near a top 6 league 1 club TBH maybe not even a top 6 league 2 club. Wigan, Blackburn, Charlton, MK (spit) Dons, Bradford, Doncaster, Plymouth, Pompey, Shrewsbury (stadium) and Rotherham are literally miles ahead of them in terms of the respective club and infrastrucure, the things needed to succeed. In L2, I would suggest Coventry City, Notts County, Port Vale, Luton town, Chesterfield, Grimsby, possibly Exeter (with their rebuild), Swindown and Wycombe are better set than them.

Their fans should be happy to be where they are as it's way above their station TBH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They're nowhere near a top 6 league 1 club TBH maybe not even a top 6 league 2 club. Wigan, Blackburn, Charlton, MK (spit) Dons, Bradford, Doncaster, Plymouth, Pompey, Shrewsbury (stadium) and Rotherham are literally miles ahead of them in terms of the respective club and infrastrucure, the things needed to succeed. In L2, I would suggest Coventry City, Notts County, Port Vale, Luton town, Chesterfield, Grimsby, possibly Exeter (with their rebuild), Swindown and Wycombe are better set than them.

Their fans should be happy to be where they are as it's way above their station TBH.

Oh I quite agree, but I went cross eyed trying to work out how a budget enabling reaching top 6 can be anything but at least a top 6 budget- better than even for a club who has to catch up with those you mention.