IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Has anyone noticed that both Bristol cubs are away up North on the 25th? We're at Hull while they're at Blackburn. Not a good move IMHO.

I appreciate we'll be on the M1 while they'll be on the M6 but the M5 could be awkward.

They will probably take more as Blackburn away is a bit of a cup final for the gas , whereas we have visited the KC several times recently + greater distance.

Cue claims of "our away following is bigger than yours" from the faithful and true blue few :gasmask:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

They will probably take more as Blackburn away is a bit of a cup final for the gas , whereas we have visited the KC several times recently + greater distance.

Cue claims of "our away following is bigger than yours" from the faithful and true blue few :gasmask:

Yep, never let proven statistics get in the way of a gas rant! 

I guess they'll have to make the most of it as they might not have a crappy club to follow come March. :) 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It's working it's way down though isn't it. 

They claimed a top 6 budget and that has been proven to be BS (Not Bristol Sport!), so now they are claiming top 6 support. 

To be fair, this is currently true, http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2017-2018/1/  but it may not last looking at the teams just behind them in that list. 

If they drop down from that position what's next? Top 6 Pasties? Top 6 patio chairs? Top 6 tent canvas?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Next episode in the on-going gas comedy is home to AFC Wimbledon at the tented village.

Not much to say here except that the Dons are in the bottom 4 and if R*vers lose this one they are in deep sh!t.

To illustrate the gap, City have only ever played this version of Wimbledon once beating them 2-1 with a double from Aaron Wilbraham, on our way to winning the JPT whereas the other lot have played them 10 times in the league!

tent.jpg

• Haha 3

Does anyone have that photo of the two Bristol Posts side by side talking about the playoffs and then not looking like they are going to make the playoffs in the season that they went into the conference? I am missing that one from my Panini Collection - Tinpot Clubs 2014. Thanks in advance 

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Next episode in the on-going gas comedy is home to AFC Wimbledon at the tented village.

Not much to say here except that the Dons are in the bottom 4 and if R*vers lose this one they are in deep sh!t.

To illustrate the gap, City have only ever played this version of Wimbledon once beating them 2-1 with a double from Aaron Wilbraham, on our way to winning the JPT whereas the other lot have played them 10 times in the league!

tent.jpg

Why have they got 4 stewards manning the tent end..?! 

8 minutes ago, freezer said:

Did I hear correctly on Radio Bristol last night that the dog botherer in his interview said that the Roovers were "a sleeping giant" and that their true level was The Championship?!

Really? More like dwarfs in a coma, punching above their weight methinks.

They wouldn't stand a snowball in hell's chance in the Championship! They're a reasonably (not greatly) followed L1 / L2 club with antiquated non league facilities and a couple of tents. Championship my arse!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Sergio Georgini said:

they probably reported Notts county over something from years ago & were quickly reinstated

26 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Doesn't exactly say how he's going to achieve this, how much money to spend and when etc. 

Hot air. 

40 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Taken from the Article "you have to scream and shout"

So is he getting Will.I.Am and Britney Spears in then?

So he’s looking for further investors, and, after failing in London, hoping someone falls for the same trick he did when the previous board put puff pieces out over there.

Doubting myself now, it was Higgs and Co that started the articles in Gulf News or whatever wasn’t it?

Edited by RumRed

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Did I hear correctly on Radio Bristol last night that the dog botherer in his interview said that the Roovers were "a sleeping giant" and that their true level was The Championship?!

Really? More like dwarfs in a coma, punching above their weight methinks.

Any rational person looking at their history, crowds, stadium, youth setup etc could only come to one conclusion:  they are a lower division club.   

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Every single interview I’ve read with him, there’s been a massive elephant in the room.