IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Nick Wilde said:

Not so smug these days.

He looks a broken man, ill, disheveled. Brilliant :clap:

On a side note when Lee was losing  every week last season and he getting absolute pelters from our fans he handled it much better than the dog botherer. Just goes to show who's the better manager.

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Interesting....pasted from their FB page; terrible spelling, punctuation and grammar left intact...

"Same old , today we reached a new low , summer recruitment awful , no feedback from the board , and to beat it all , all the tables removed to the new players lounge , which was being used for the scouts from other clubs , spoke with Dennis Rolf who represents Charlton , he was turfed out along with the Millwall rep , all I can say , Rovers don’t give a toss about the supporters , all about Clarke and his bunch of bandits , and there wives ,"

But they ain't got any new players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

A little glance on their forum gives a thread suggesting what they can do to improve things until January - **** knows what they think will happen then. I guess that’s how long they think it will take Wally to find his wallet

On another, there’s a suggestion that it’s difficult for them to attract players from northern clubs as houses are far more expensive in Bristol

Yes, that’s right...it’s got nothing to do with the fact they play in a tented Village in front of less than 9000 fans every other week. It’s all the housing markets fault :rofl2br:

God knows how we manage to get players to sign for us. Look at the rise in house prices around Ashton and Southville over the last few years. **** me!

Maybe Wally and co should offer potential new players a decent wage? 

Amateurs.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

57 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I'm pretty drunk here, and I saw that someone mentioned what the hell do the gas mean when they say FTG.

They don’t say ‘FTG’, whenever anything from their forum is quoted on here the OTIB autocorrect changes the U for an F.

This does mean that it appears that Sagheads sign off their deluded ramblings with a ‘FTG’.....however that’s just for the benefit of OTIB, in reality it would’ve been a U, not an F.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Everything's up for sale including the white plastic chairs as that's the only way they can finish the season without Dwane Sports actually putting some cash in unsecured.

They are being taken to the cleaners and applauding the people doing it; I did actually read one lone voice calling for a pitch invasion and protest today.  There's one fan who can see the truth.

It's tipping from funny into tragic.  I speak as one who wants Bristol to have two professional football clubs.

It is becoming abundantly clear that Bristol only has one professional football club.

The other one is getting more amateurish and desperate by the day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Love how dopey asked his players if there was an issue with him personally as he “wouldn’t want to outstay his welcome” then a few seconds later saying if anyone did have an issue he’d get rid of them in January!

As soon as that 'threat' was made, 16 players, 1 groundsman, 1 kit washer, 1 pasty seller, 1 deckchair assistant, 1 tea lady, 3 stewards, 1 part time double decker bus driver, 1 part time carpenter and a grubby blue and white clad Santa said in one joyful voice ...

IT'S YOU!!!

allegedly :thumbsup:

Edited by 42nite

26 minutes ago, 42nite said:

As soon as that 'threat' was made, 16 players, 1 groundsman, 1 kit washer, 1 pasty seller, 1 deckchair assistant, 1 tea lady, 3 stewards, 1 part time double decker bus driver, 1 part time carpenter and a grubby blue and white clad Santa said in one joyful voice ...

IT'S YOU!!!

allegedly :thumbsup:

Oh - you started this thread - troublemaker ;)

5 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

He looks a broken man, ill, disheveled. Brilliant :clap:

On a side note when Lee was losing  every week last season and he getting absolute pelters from our fans he handled it much better than the dog botherer. Just goes to show who's the better manager.

Did you listen to any of it? He came across as the complete opposite of broken. The guy is a fighter no question and Rovers are very lucky to have him. 

I have no affinity with Clarke but to an average bi-stander he is quite a bit more interesting to listen to than our LJ. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Did you listen to any of it? He came across as the complete opposite of broken. The guy is a fighter no question and Rovers are very lucky to have him. 

I have no affinity with Clarke but to an average bi-stander he is quite a bit more interesting to listen to than our LJ. 

Havanatopia, has someone hacked your account?

• Haha 5

• Admin
2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

an average bi-stander 

Not sure that the fact someone swings both ways comes into it, please refrain from sexual repression on here.

I’d like to feel that heterosexual, gay, gender neutral and bisexual bystanders can enjoy the sags apparent impending demise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, that’s right...it’s got nothing to do with the fact they play in a tented Village in front of less than 9000 fans every other week. It’s all the housing markets fault :rofl2br:

God knows how we manage to get players to sign for us. Look at the rise in house prices around Ashton and Southville over the last few years. **** me!

Maybe Wally and co should offer potential new players a decent wage? 

Amateurs.

Dopey didn't exactly help recruitment either did he? How many players will be saying to their agents, "Bristol Rovers? Even their Manager thinks they are 30 years behind the times"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Interesting....pasted from their FB page; terrible spelling, punctuation and grammar left intact...

"Same old , today we reached a new low , summer recruitment awful , no feedback from the board , and to beat it all , all the tables removed to the new players lounge , which was being used for the scouts from other clubs , spoke with Dennis Rolf who represents Charlton , he was turfed out along with the Millwall rep , all I can say , Rovers don’t give a toss about the supporters , all about Clarke and his bunch of bandits , and there wives ,"

Jeez-reading that was in comparison to rovers form..stuttering.. ,,     ,   ,     ,      ,   ,                ,      ,                     ,       ,  ,    ,             ,      .

The simple answer is that the whole atmosphere around the club has changed since the cancelling of the UWE. Even Clark is now public in his criticism of the status quo. 

I was asked recently what I hoped to achieve by going public with various bits of info from behind the scenes. My answer, honestly, was to hope the fan base would wake up and see what was staring them in the face. It now seems they are beginning too. That gives me hope that in turn, our owners wake up, to either sell up and go, or invest in a new stadium, preferably the UWE, and the team. I still don't believe the reason given for calling it off, and find it laughable that anyone would believe it.

We have had 50 years of bullsh*t from owners. The Mem is obviously not a plan b, and the training ground is now on hold. Invest or go is the only hope. Trouble is, if they don't, it begins to smack of asset stripping, and there is not long before even that becomes non viable.

As the fake shak said  the training ground fence payment been sorted only to stop can't pay we take it a way turning up .

when he found out the will not get TV coverage money 

ask Swindon

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick Wilde said:

Not so smug these days.

I'm a fully qualified, self-appointed amateur psychologist with limited ability but to me DC doesn't look or sound like a broken man in my "professional" opinion.

He does look bored and he does look devoid of ideas. Nothing in that lengthy and dreary interview gave insight into how Rovers came to lose 3-0 at home to a team that has even more non-league pedigree than they do.

His apathy screams of 'sack me ffs' and it's pretty telling that only his wife supports him during his post-match misery. Presumably the owners have lost interest in the first team in their quest to build a fence around a boggy playing field in Almondsbury and fail to steal yet another stadium - this time in South Gloucestershire.

I did learn something useful. Next time my boss hauls me to one side and says 'is the problem me?' I'm going to remember to say no. Clearly DC is a master of the dark arts as can trick the Rovers players into admitting their discontent and then, by his own admission, ship them out in January.

Genius. I salute his high level management skills.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: 

Yes I watched the interview, slaughtering the players that he bought for being mentally weak. Clearly doesn't have a very good eye for a player, too. Also taking subtle digs at his employer this week just adds to a man who has completely lost the plot who looks lost and void of any ideas to get them out this mess. 

But by all means if you enjoy listening to a man who interrupts the interviewer on many occasions and who throws more tantrums than a teenager then listen away:facepalm:

I do agree though the Sags are very lucky to have him, I hope he stays for verrrry long time :) 

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Maybe so if you like cliches, repetition and self contradiction.

All managers under pressure say they are fighters and won't quit. It's code for 'I won't resign because I want a pay off'.

Still it was certainly interesting to hear him claim to take full responsibility yet accuse his players of crumbling then claim he would boost their confidence. A certain lack of coherence there.

It's pretty standard too for managers to claim they take responsibility while blaming everybody else.

The fact is that he has been duped by the owner and has been as gullible as the fans. He is now paying the price for that and his past hubris.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Love how dopey asked his players if there was an issue with him personally as he “wouldn’t want to outstay his welcome” then a few seconds later saying if anyone did have an issue he’d get rid of them in January!

I listen to that, what a bizarre thing to say.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SimonR said:

Just a thought after their latest abject surrender, should a player score a hat trick at Chernobyl will having that (Opposition Obviously) player take a match ball away send their finances over the edge? just wondering :whistle:

Every little helps! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes. It’s a dogs life. I have no ikea where they’d be if they had stayed at Eastville. 

Well Sinclair would be grabbing all the past it`s sell by date food and sleeping in one of their cardboard skips. The rest would be shelf stacking or collecting trollies in the car park I suppose.