IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"

Post by mattybray007 on yesterday at 2:43pm

Random thought to share- For me just a lick of paint here and there would at least help to make the place more asthetically appealing! It’s just an old ugly rusty and concrete mess.
If the club put a message out there for fans to buy/donate a certain colour and type of paint I.e blue and white - and come along in your own time to help spruce the place up, I’m sure people would! At least we could see some form or improvement going on then. :laugh:! Why wait for the chiefs when the Indians can do something! Be nice to have a few banners I.e Irene lyrics and come on you blues etc and large motivating club posters around too! We can do lots of things that do not cost much money but as per usual we just do nothing! We should at least care for what we do actually have! No point pining for a mansion when you can’t even decorate and maintain your 1 bed flat!

Can you even buy blue and white paint? :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"

Random thought to share- For me just a lick of paint here and there would at least help to make the place more asthetically appealing! It’s just an old ugly rusty and concrete mess.
If the club put a message out there for fans to buy/donate a certain colour and type of paint I.e blue and white - and come along in your own time to help spruce the place up, I’m sure people would! At least we could see some form or improvement going on then. :laugh:! Why wait for the chiefs when the Indians can do something! Be nice to have a few banners I.e Irene lyrics and come on you blues etc and large motivating club posters around too! We can do lots of things that do not cost much money but as per usual we just do nothing! We should at least care for what we do actually have! No point pining for a mansion when you can’t even decorate and maintain your 1 bed flat!

Where's Lenny Henry when you need him?, oh yeah sleeping in a premier inn somewhere.

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I wonder if the "legally binding contract" to which he refers, is watertight?

Seems they had two directors and now only 1 is allowed in. 

So that's 50% of them who will be locked out. Sounds like a regular away match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"

A job for DIY SOS? They seem to be always helping out those less fortunate than the rest of us.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"

Lipstick on a pig !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

What did they do with the ikea monies and how much did they get? Was it enough at the time for a new stadium? what about the Nigel Martin monies? That was huge at the time? Run by crooks as always it seems

They didn't own Eastville , they were already at trumpton when it was built

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Oh, I really don’t know anything about them, not that I care :laugh:! Ahaha 

They sold it years before they left ,but had too leave because they couldn't afford the rent. I think it was owned by the people who ran the greyhound racing but might have my wires crossed there. I know they were evicted in 86, i was at the last derby there 1-1 i think. Dog racing still went on for a few years after the rent boys left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They sold it years before they left ,but had too leave because they couldn't afford the rent. I think it was owned by the people who ran the greyhound racing but might have my wires crossed there. I know they were evicted in 86, i was at the last derby there 1-1 i think. Dog racing still went on for a few years after the rent boys left.

Just read their wiki(god help my internet history) they’ve had a lot of grounds, pikeys!! I know of 3, is very odd why they’ve never settled down, strange club inside and out

• Like 1