IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They didn't own Eastville , they were already at trumpton when it was built

Owned by Bristol Stadium Group I believe, which included some of their directors. They did receive insurance money for the burnt down stand, which I think was used to buy the Hambrook training ground. Which I believe, was then sold and the Beeches bought in the ownership of the Dunfords. Obviously this then became Rovers training ground which was rented to them by Dunford, rather than paying Frys to use their pitches.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They sold it years before they left ,but had too leave because they couldn't afford the rent. I think it was owned by the people who ran the greyhound racing but might have my wires crossed there. I know they were evicted in 86, i was at the last derby there 1-1 i think. Dog racing still went on for a few years after the rent boys left.

Sold in somewhat dodgy deal (typical ). Think the mafia has a more ethical trading history! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

What did they do with the ikea monies and how much did they get? Was it enough at the time for a new stadium? what about the Nigel Martin monies? That was huge at the time? Run by crooks as always it seems

Don't forget, Hayles, Stewart and Ellington.  They all left for big money back in the day.

Edited by RedLionLad

12 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Just read their wiki(god help my internet history) they’ve had a lot of grounds, pikeys!! I know of 3, is very odd why they’ve never settled down, strange club inside and out

4 Alex, Eastville, Trumpton, the mem and (shamefully) they played a few home games at Ashton Gate. :grr:

IF they do find any cash to tart up the dump, I hope SL / MA tell them to fark off if they ask to use our place again! They wouldn't pay anyway so just say 'no' after they've stopped laughing.

• Haha 2

Next up; 

Bizarrely, no game! After getting knocked out of the F.A.Cup in the 1st round (again) the lunatics who run the asylum over there decided to move tonights fixture at home to Rotherham to Saturday 2nd December. Now, if they've done it to avoid clashing with tonight's home game at Ashton Gate, they have ****ed up because we are also at home on 2nd December. Maybe they've done it to attract a bigger away following? Rotherham? I doubt it.

So it means that every other team in League One is playing tonight and if results go against the blue few they could be seriously close to the drop zone come 10 o'clock.

15   Oldham Athletic 17 6 3 8 30 36 -6 21  
16   Bristol Rovers 18 7 0 11 26 33 -7 21  
17   Doncaster Rovers 18 5 5 8 19 21 -2 20  
18   Walsall 17 4 7 6 21 25 -4 19  
19   AFC Wimbledon 18 5 4 9 14 20 -6 19  
20   Gillingham 18 4 6 8 14 21 -7 18  
21   Northampton Town 18 5 3 10 15 30 -15 18  
22   Rochdale 17 3 8 6 17 22 -5 17  
23   Plymouth Argyle 18 3 5 10 13 28 -15 14  
24   Bury 18 3 4 11 18 28 -10

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also heard on Saturday right from the horses mouth that these agreements meant the existing contractors were being paid £1000k per week from BRFC not from DS because DS don’t even have a bank account. And that’s part of the problem. You need money to open an bank account.  In fact the horses mouth also said that it’s not been £1k a week more like every 3 weeks but he has nearly been paid in full now. 

Also heard that Hani will only give £2m to build the training complex when we need more like 10m. That came from the architects doing to the drawings and plans. Basically £2m will get us 2 pitches and a set of changing rooms built and that’s about it. There is no running gas water or electric to the site so most of the £2m would be spent in just basic ground works alone. Not to worry we are rich I remember the bloke on you tube telling us so must be.

Whether this is the far eastern way of trying to do a deal or what but the more I hear the more it becomes clear that Wael has absolutely no control of what money comes into the club from his big senasable  brother.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

if results go against the blue few they could be seriously close to the drop zone come 10 o'clock.image.gif

Good! Sooner they go down the better! Increase the Gap!

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

10D52E9B-5F31-4A44-A989-716E151B3926.png

It may not be Crayon, it may also not be paint by numbers.

It is infact a 1 piece jigsaw puzzle, took em all summer to fit into place.

11 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_3522.JPG

Disgusting, I've heard of them punching horses, but to steal one of their shoes as well? Well I never!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I also heard on Saturday right from the horses mouth that these agreements meant the existing contractors were being paid £1000k per week from BRFC not from DS because DS don’t even have a bank account. And that’s part of the problem. You need money to open an bank account.  In fact the horses mouth also said that it’s not been £1k a week more like every 3 weeks but he has nearly been paid in full now. 

Also heard that Hani will only give £2m to build the training complex when we need more like 10m. That came from the architects doing to the drawings and plans. Basically £2m will get us 2 pitches and a set of changing rooms built and that’s about it. There is no running gas water or electric to the site so most of the £2m would be spent in just basic ground works alone. Not to worry we are rich I remember the bloke on you tube telling us so must be.

Whether this is the far eastern way of trying to do a deal or what but the more I hear the more it becomes clear that Wael has absolutely no control of what money comes into the club from his big senasable  brother.

Was the horse's mouth bleeding?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Bizarrely, no game! After getting knocked out of the F.A.Cup in the 1st round (again) the lunatics who run the asylum over there decided to move tonights fixture at home to Rotherham to Saturday 2nd December.

I know a Rotherham fan who is reet pissed off with them for moving this one. She had a ticket for tonight and can't make the rematch.

6 hours ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

And more recently Matty Taylor. Wasn't he apparently valued at several million?? How did that work out for them?

Hayles, Stewart, Ellington and Martyn left over a period of time for a combined total of £5.4m.....which back then was a huge amount of money.

The big question is......where did a lot of that money disappear to?

• Like 2