IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Hayles, Stewart, Ellington and Martyn left over a period of time for a combined total of £5.4m.....which back then was a huge amount of money.

The big question is......where did a lot of that money disappear to?

a new fleet of milk floats

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

gashead1981 Avatar
aghast Avatar
For those who may not have been there or seen this, from harrybuckle on the other forum:

---------------------
"I did not personally hear it but heard from a fan that Wael did appear in the BRSC bar for a pre match question and answer session. When asked about Mem and Colony he answered that the training ground will certainly happen and payments owed to contractor for work now resolved. As for Mem re development he said it was complicated and had hit snags but refused to give further details.

Does not sound like he or Chairman will appear on Having a Gas on Thursday to answer further questions from fans."
-----------------------

Good on Wael for appearing in public and speaking to the fans.  As for the rest, I won't comment since I posted this just for info.

I also heard that Wael made an appearance. 

I also heard on Saturday right from the horses mouth that these agreements meant the existing contractors were being paid £1000k per week from BRFC not from DS because DS don’t even have a bank account. And that’s part of the problem. In fact the horses mouth also said that it’s not been £1k a week more like every 3 weeks but he has nearly been paid in full now. 

Also heard that Hani will only give £2m to build the training complex when we need more like 10m. That came from the architects doing to the drawings and plans. Basically £2m will get us 2 pitches and a set of changing rooms built and that’s about it. There is no running gas water or electric to the site so most of the £2m would be spent in just basic ground works alone. 

Whether this is the far eastern way of trying to do a deal or what but the more I hear the more it becomes clear that Wael has absolutely no control of what money comes into the club from his brother. 

There is usually a reasonable explanation for all things - but the usual suspects can be relied upon to twist everything to make things sound bad - (amazed Brexit hasn't been blamed for everything) no doubt we will all learn in due course what is what - but clearly there are things being sorted out and quoting - 'I have heard' without naming the source indicates you actually know nothing that is definite! patience is needed

gashead1981

gashead1981 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 477 posts
9 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by gashead1981 on 9 minutes ago

Came from the same person mate. The same person who did some work at the colony. The same person who has links to just about every architect in Bristol that can arcitect, manage and build large scale projects for developers that has been asked to do it. Obviously these people will have companies they will use to carry out their projects. I can tell you this, the club are isolating themselves very quickly with quite a few local business firms because of lack of payment and the way they are treated. It’s not going well. 

These people are long time gas heads and only wants what’s best for rovers. Why would he lie? He has no need to. They are just fed up. 

And no it wasn’t Ed Ware. 

Facts are becoming clearer that the ALQs aren’t willing to spend what they think or implied they would. Or they have very peculiar business methods.
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Hayles, Stewart, Ellington and Martyn left over a period of time for a combined total of £5.4m.....which back then was a huge amount of money.

All joking aside (for now), you're absolutely right. Don't forget the £1m they also got for Lambert. Even the Rovers fans themselves have no idea where any of it ended up...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I think all those players moved on to bigger clubs again after being sold so if any of them had a sell-on clause, that combined figure of £6.4m would have been somewhat higher.

Oh please.. they can't even spell 'sell on clause'.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

I see the EP has got the usual weekly headline of “Rovers brilliant fans” 900 travelling up to Blackburn on Saturday screams the EP, i’ve Said before, there is hardly a week goes by that the EP doesn’t print something about their “brilliant fans”

Wonder if the Camel salesman will be in the away end with the chosen ones.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Wonder if the Camel salesman will be in the away end with the chosen ones.

He was at the game at Weston last week, the first time I have seen him in the person - there was something not right about him, he had this really odd stare about him

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

He was at the game at Weston last week, the first time I have seen him in the person - there was something not right about him, he had this really odd stare about him

I thought I saw him! Hahahahahah makes that 10x better.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, harrys said:

I see the EP has got the usual weekly headline of “Rovers brilliant fans” 900 travelling up to Blackburn on Saturday screams the EP, i’ve Said before, there is hardly a week goes by that the EP doesn’t print something about their “brilliant fans”

Aren't we taking more to hull?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was stood next to him and stewart, Marcus could not have sucked up anymore if he tried.

Oh and their supporters have no idea how the offside rule works.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rich said:

Owned by Bristol Stadium Group I believe, which included some of their directors. They did receive insurance money for the burnt down stand, which I think was used to buy the Hambrook training ground. Which I believe, was then sold and the Beeches bought in the ownership of the Dunfords. Obviously this then became Rovers training ground which was rented to them by Dunford, rather than paying Frys to use their pitches.

Wasnt the stand about to be condemned?  Had the hallmarks of an insurance scam from what i remember.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, harrys said:

A good following but easily explained by the fact that Rovers haven't played at Ewood Park since 1991 because they have been complete dogshit.

Give them a couple of seasons struggling in L1 and let's see what their away attendances are like then...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:
gashead1981 Avatar
aghast Avatar
For those who may not have been there or seen this, from harrybuckle on the other forum:

---------------------
"I did not personally hear it but heard from a fan that Wael did appear in the BRSC bar for a pre match question and answer session. When asked about Mem and Colony he answered that the training ground will certainly happen and payments owed to contractor for work now resolved. As for Mem re development he said it was complicated and had hit snags but refused to give further details.

Does not sound like he or Chairman will appear on Having a Gas on Thursday to answer further questions from fans."
-----------------------

Good on Wael for appearing in public and speaking to the fans.  As for the rest, I won't comment since I posted this just for info.

I also heard that Wael made an appearance. 

I also heard on Saturday right from the horses mouth that these agreements meant the existing contractors were being paid £1000k per week from BRFC not from DS because DS don’t even have a bank account. And that’s part of the problem. In fact the horses mouth also said that it’s not been £1k a week more like every 3 weeks but he has nearly been paid in full now. 

Also heard that Hani will only give £2m to build the training complex when we need more like 10m. That came from the architects doing to the drawings and plans. Basically £2m will get us 2 pitches and a set of changing rooms built and that’s about it. There is no running gas water or electric to the site so most of the £2m would be spent in just basic ground works alone. 

Whether this is the far eastern way of trying to do a deal or what but the more I hear the more it becomes clear that Wael has absolutely no control of what money comes into the club from his brother. 

There is usually a reasonable explanation for all things - but the usual suspects can be relied upon to twist everything to make things sound bad - (amazed Brexit hasn't been blamed for everything) no doubt we will all learn in due course what is what - but clearly there are things being sorted out and quoting - 'I have heard' without naming the source indicates you actually know nothing that is definite! patience is needed

gashead1981

gashead1981 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 477 posts
9 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by gashead1981 on 9 minutes ago

Came from the same person mate. The same person who did some work at the colony. The same person who has links to just about every architect in Bristol that can arcitect, manage and build large scale projects for developers that has been asked to do it. Obviously these people will have companies they will use to carry out their projects. I can tell you this, the club are isolating themselves very quickly with quite a few local business firms because of lack of payment and the way they are treated. It’s not going well. 

These people are long time gas heads and only wants what’s best for rovers. Why would he lie? He has no need to. They are just fed up. 

And no it wasn’t Ed Ware. 

Facts are becoming clearer that the ALQs aren’t willing to spend what they think or implied they would. Or they have very peculiar business methods.

“The club are isolating themselves very quickly” from the rest of the division too with the way their results have been going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

Waiting for his City contact to give him his bonus for a job bloody well done!

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Presumably the Police horse that got smacked in the gob by that rag-n-bone merchant.

Why the big obsession with horses and dogs?

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wasnt the stand about to be condemned?  Had the hallmarks of an insurance scam from what i remember.

I don't think it's advisable to claim that it was definitely burnt down deliberately. Though we might as well agree that it was a decrepit old stand, with much wood within the structure, little contents of any value, and the club were in need of finances, (aren't they always), so a prime candidate for a shyte head arsonist to do the dirty deed. But as I said, we can't think that was the case.:whistle:

• Like 1

I also heard on Saturday right from the horses mouth at was punched  that these agreements meant the existing contractors were being paid £1000k per week from BRFC not from DS because DS don’t even have a bank account. And that’s part of the problem. In fact the horses mouth also said that it’s not been £1k a week more like every 3 weeks but he has nearly been paid in full now. 

Also heard that Hani will only give £2m to build the training complex when we need more like 10m. That came from the architects doing to the drawings and plans who now been sacked with out being paid. Basically £2m will get us 2 pitches and a set of changing rooms built and that’s about it. There is no running gas water or electric to the site so most of the £2m would be spent in just basic ground works alone. 

we need to protest and vote with are feet next home game 

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

50% of the Hayles money went back to the directors. They loaned the money to buy him (£225k) I think. He was sold for £2,225m, the directors got their loan back and 50% of the profit. Not bad business for the directors, who at the time included the two Dunfords and Barry Bradshaw. 

At the same time, their manager was getting sell on fees from the sale of players, how were these people doing anything for the real benefit of their club? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, harrys said:

One and the same H.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A good following but easily explained by the fact that Rovers haven't played at Ewood Park since 1991 because they have been complete dogshit.

Give them a couple of seasons struggling in L1 and let's see what their away attendances are like then...

Agree, this is their cup final.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

I also heard on Saturday right from the horses mouth at was punched  that these agreements meant the existing contractors were being paid £1000k per week from BRFC not from DS because DS don’t even have a bank account. And that’s part of the problem. In fact the horses mouth also said that it’s not been £1k a week more like every 3 weeks but he has nearly been paid in full now. 

Also heard that Hani will only give £2m to build the training complex when we need more like 10m. That came from the architects doing to the drawings and plans who now been sacked with out being paid. Basically £2m will get us 2 pitches and a set of changing rooms built and that’s about it. There is no running gas water or electric to the site so most of the £2m would be spent in just basic ground works alone. 

we need to protest and vote with are feet next home game 

You really need to start making it clear you are quoting from another website.

I'm sure your literacy is fine and you do yourself a disservice with lifting content without distancing yourself from the original author! :shifty:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair, he is correct.

On a horrible losing run, poor away form all season and nigh on 1,000 fans travelling a few hundred miles north.

The novelty of visiting Ewood Park is the reason they’re taking 1000...and in that respect, once again, they are no better than anyone else. How was our away form (or just form in general) when we took 2500 to Villa Park on a Tuesday night earlier this year? Same with our trip to Newcastle. Yet I think we only took about 800 to Derby (*edit 889) around the same time...a ground we have played at quite a few times.

Give them an away trip to a ground they often visit and all of a sudden their ‘amazing’ travelling support can’t be arsed. 

Exhibit A:

7904A618-069F-430C-85BA-58A393272C12.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yep but come on Phil even you must be hoping that the 3.5 hour return journey is a miserable one.

To be honest ES, whilst I am happy to take the proverbial out of Rovers and their supporters, I am not one of those who hates Rovers or even wishes them ill.

I shall indulge in a wry smile should they lose, much as I did when they lost at home to Mansfield on that fateful day back in, when was it again :shifty:, OH, Yes, I remember, 3 May 2014 :thumbsup:, but my thoughts will be more concentrated on how City get on at Hull.

Seriously, though, I sometimes despair when I read the bile and hatred directed at City and their Sheethead fans on their Gaschat thread, but I put that down to the immaturity of their posters, similar to the crass short-sightedness of their forum moderators who refuse to allow City fans to post and enter in to genuine debate about their respective teams.

It is of great credit to this forum and, of course, to the moderators that fans of other clubs are allowed to post freely and liven up numerous threads; indeed, there have been a few Rovers supporters who have added to lively debate with their genuine arguments and, increasingly often, their self-depracating humour.