IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be honest ES, whilst I am happy to take the proverbial out of Rovers and their supporters, I am not one of those who hates Rovers or even wishes them ill.

I shall indulge in a wry smile should they lose, much as I did when they lost at home to Mansfield on that fateful day back in, when was it again :shifty:, OH, Yes, I remember, 3 May 2014 :thumbsup:, but my thoughts will be more concentrated on how City get on at Hull.

Seriously, though, I sometimes despair when I read the bile and hatred directed at City and their Sheethead fans on their Gaschat thread, but I put that down to the immaturity of their posters, similar to the crass short-sightedness of their forum moderators who refuse to allow City fans to post and enter in to genuine debate about their respective teams.

It is of great credit to this forum and, of course, to the moderators that fans of other clubs are allowed to post freely and liven up numerous threads; indeed, there have been a few Rovers supporters who have added to lively debate with their genuine arguments and, increasingly often, their self-depracating humour.  

I do credit some of their supporters for their humour in the face of what's going on in their club, and I know a few Gasheads and get on well with them (except in their delusional phases!).

However the club itself and its more delusional fans I can't stand and can't wait to see them go pop - the only thing I'll miss is the sheer comedy they bring from their continued saga.

I wasn't alive in 82 but being brought up in a Red family with their memories of Gashead behaviour during that time and the hatred it inspired me to carry on the flame! 

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It is of great credit to this forum and, of course, to the moderators that fans of other clubs are allowed to post freely and liven up numerous threads; indeed, there have been a few Rovers supporters who have added to lively debate with their genuine arguments and, increasingly often, their self-depracating humour.  

Bert Tann is the best example of this in my opinion. One of my favourite posters on OTIB. 

Gasheads often claim that they don’t take themselves too seriously and that we are the arrogant ones, then someone like Bert comes up with some intelligent, self deprecating humour on here and they accuse him of being a ‘shithead’. :blink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Personally I'd rather Rovers ended up in the Southern Football League (South & West) than go bust.

My partners side are all :gasmask: and it's easy (one-sided) banter considering they are so sh**e.

Yeah but on the off chance someone actually invested money in them and they went ahead of us in the next decade or two, we all know any Gasheads we're related to or have to work with will be unbearable!

Can't risk it :laugh:, bust solves the issue once and for all! :P:laughcont::yes:

Edited by Red34
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Best Fans in da world.

God knows how many will be locked out at this one?! Their away support is absolutely massive, no doubt about that. It doesn't matter if they go on to lose 15 - 0, it's all about the away support. Always was, always will be. Better get blue and white quarters tattooed on their 12 inchers to celebrate. Massive, massive support. The Barcelona of the West.

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A good following but easily explained by the fact that Rovers haven't played at Ewood Park since 1991 because they have been complete dogshit.

Give them a couple of seasons struggling in L1 and let's see what their away attendances are like then...

But I thought Rovers played at Ewood Park every Home game?!!!

17 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Best Fans in da world.

To be fair, the state the club is in (even if they don't admit it publicly ), losing run and they're shit. That's not bad.
Of course they haven't played there for about 25 years, that's bound to boost the following. And don't forget, from their time in Div 4, from this position they were always saying that it was a promotion push 

34 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sorry if I seem out of touch, but what do they call all of the stands and ends at the mem these days?

Witty replies welcome but I really dont know their real names :)

To find this out I had to go onto their website a click 'buy tickets'. I feel like my laptop now has a virus :blink:

Blackthorn End is now the Thatchers Terrace, other end (tent) is called the Brunel Risks stand 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, myol'man said:

To find this out I had to go onto their website a click 'buy tickets'. I feel like my laptop now has a virus :blink:

Blackthorn End is now the Thatchers Terrace, other end (tent) is called the Brunel Risks stand 

The insult that such a great engineer and Bristol icon is associated in anyway with that tent! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sorry if I seem out of touch, but what do they call all of the stands and ends at the mem these days?

Witty replies welcome but I really dont know their real names :)

Well I think the old Blackthorn end is now called the nuckle dragging,dribble stained,horse punching,titty cricket playing,racists chanting end.