IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I liked the way that twice when talking about the 'training ground' being ready, he said "Septem...umm...July 2019". So there's a 3 month delay already!

That state of the art 'Training Complex' has very quickly become 1 full size pitch and 3 smaller ones with no mention of any other facilities at all. That visit to see Fleetwood's facilities must have been very enlightening:-

"This is fantastic, just what we want, so how much did it cost?"

"8 Million quid"

"Bugger that for a game of soldiers"

It should also be asked that, given it's now just 4 pitches, why the hell is the planning permission still dragging on and on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I liked the way that twice when talking about the 'training ground' being ready, he said "Septem...umm...July 2019". So there's a 3 month delay already!

That state of the art 'Training Complex' has very quickly become 1 full size pitch and 3 smaller ones with no mention of any other facilities at all. That visit to see Fleetwood's facilities must have been very enlightening:-

"8 Million quid"

It should also be asked that, given it's now just 4 pitches, why the hell is the planning permission still dragging on and on?

8 million quid is easily enough raised. They could borrow that amount against their main asset. 

Doh..! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Wally is trying to raise the money.

Sadly, he didn't fully understand the term Turf Accountant and so they are back to square one. Unless of course his 50p Yankie comes in.

• Haha 3

Hamer said that UWE refused to go to Jordan in January  and "who knows what might have happened if they had"

So deal collapsed, just because of this!

Why the **** should the powers that be at UWE have to travel thousands of miles (no doubt at their expenses) to Jordan to discuss a development in Bristol and a couple of hundred yards - OK perhaps a mile, from their own administrative HQ?

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

"8 Million quid"

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wally is trying to raise the money.

Sadly, he didn't fully understand the term Turf Accountant and so they are back to square one. Unless of course his 50p Yankie comes in.

I imagine the building costs and then hearing that  the academies lose over a million a year as well made them think - nope, nope, nope how about we get some rollers, seed and just create a few training pitches for now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just wanted to congratulate this gashead on Twitter who posted what might possibly be the worst meme in the history of the internet. Well done...

736C71EA-D474-47CD-9B46-7DF5E3CBC005.png

Yeah that was replying to me and had the cheek to try and take the piss out of my banter. :laughcont: He gave up in the end . :violin:

• Haha 1

• Admin
24 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In fairness, whether somewhere is a dump or not isn't entirely about price. 

Look at the dumps in London.

Taking the club bias away from it, the area in the immediate vicinity of the stadium (at least some of it) is really quite unpleasant. 

Where is that?  I would suggest that much of the immediate area is quite desirable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Quote from over there - He’s not wrong they are 2 completely different characters SL isn’t a fraud for a start.

‘But our situation is more complicated. Ashton is a dump, you could do what you want down there and no one will object, The Mem is a far more challenging site for lots of reasons. And landsdown is an individual happy to waste his money, whatever you think of the Al Qadis they are very different characters.’

Ashton is a dump? What a cock.

Used to be a bit run down, in the 80s and early 90s when his shit team used actually visit every year but in the last 2 decades it’s become a very desirable area for house buyers. 

In reality, you can bet your life that the Saghead who wrote that would LOVE to have a genuinely wealthy owner ‘wasting’ his money on the Gas, building a fantastic stadium like AG that gets complimented by every set of visiting fans. Showing off a new 10k seater stand instead of a tiny, ridiculous tent like structure.

They deserve owners like the Al Qadis the same as they deserved to sleep walk into Non League. Even if they they ended up back there you’d still get their d1ck heads saying “I’d rather we did it this way and not the way Lansdown has done it”.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Taking the club bias away from it, the area in the immediate vicinity of the stadium (at least some of it) is really quite unpleasant. 

Do you/have you spent much time around the area on non-matchdays..?

10 minutes ago, zippycar said:

Hamer said that UWE refused to go to Jordan in January  and "who knows what might have happened if they had"

So deal collapsed, just because of this!

Why the **** should the powers that be at UWE have to travel thousands of miles (no doubt at their expenses) to Jordan to discuss a development in Bristol and a couple of hundred yards - OK perhaps a mile, from their own administrative HQ?

Who knows what might have happened?

I'll guess that the UWE delegation would have been accused of being swayed by old man Wally and his fancy hotel.

Geoff “You say the training ground will be ready by July 1st 2019 but when I asked Dopey last week about it, he said hasn’t a clue”

Hamer – No he’s a manager of a football team”

Geoff – But he’s got an interest in it hasn’t he?

Hamer – we’ve had times when we’ve looked at extravagant ideas but we have a budget and we are well intentioned and have our plans

Just listened to the whole hour, is it me or doesHamer really not have a clue what is going on, also thought it was telling when asked if there was any enthusiasm for the mem and leper colony revamp he only mentioned himself,wally and dopey not Hani or old man Wacky. I would be very concerned if I worn the quarterz. 

2 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Just listened to the whole hour, is it me or doesHamer really not have a clue what is going on, also thought it was telling when asked if there was any enthusiasm for the mem and leper colony revamp he only mentioned himself,wally and dopey not Hani or old man Wacky. I would be very concerned if I worn the quarterz. 

If I had I wouldn't be concerned, I would have shot myself.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sorry Cotswold me old babber, I've got to pull you on this.

I'm an ex Bemmie boy and Ashton was the promised land.

I know there are the flats on Duckmoor Road and some terraced housing locally but I am struggling to consider either of these as 'unpleasant'. Home is home and I'm sure that the local residents - of all properties - would not consider their area as 'really quite unpleasant'.

Interested to hear your slant on it fellow Red.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Where is that?  I would suggest that much of the immediate area is quite desirable.

From Duckmoor Road to Wells Street. Number 26 ain't being visited by Sarah Beeney any time soon. 

Fine if you like that area. Each to their own. If it was near the Mem many would be slating it. 

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Tomarse, the charge did come up. A fan rang in. Apparently it is normal business practice and nothing to worry about. It is about safeguarding the asset. Dwane Sports are entitled to collect interest on the loan but apparently they are not.

Then HMRC should be investigating them for fiddling their accounts!!