IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 million vi

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Looks like this thread will pass 2,000,000 views this weekend . It's not that we're that bothered about R*vers, it's just that they keep coming out with classic comedy gold :clapping:

2 million views yes, but how many have been locked out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Please will one of you young techno geeks explain why, when asking a Gas acquaintance what they're recent cup and league form is, he ended his text:

"LLL LLL"?

I thought it was "L"O"L" as that's what I was doing when his text arrived....

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Haha 6

On 23/11/2017 at 21:03, BCFC11 said:

Quote from over there - He’s not wrong they are 2 completely different characters SL isn’t a fraud for a start.

‘But our situation is more complicated. Ashton is a dump, you could do what you want down there and no one will object, The Mem is a far more challenging site for lots of reasons. And landsdown is an individual happy to waste his money, whatever you think of the Al Qadis they are very different characters.’

Funny thing planning policy in that it doesn’t vary from one district of a City to another, unless you’re in a conservation area.

But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good excuse though.

• Haha 1

More inane ramblings from Gaschat:

I think we have a psychological issue when we play ‘big’ clubs in big stadiums away from home in the league.
Have we played in a game like this and brought back all 3 points since Southampton in 2009?

Norwich away - lost.
Leeds away - drawn and lost.
Sheffield W away - lost.
Sheffield U away - lost.
Bolton away - drew.
Portsmouth away - always lose.
Millwall - always lose.
MK Dons - drawn and lost.
Charlton away - lost.
Coventry away - lost.
Blackburn away - lost.

Maybe I’m talking rubbish because I suppose by definition an away game at a big ground is one that we’re not likely to be favourites in, but we do seem to make a habit of being the ‘plucky loser’ in matches like this (today being another example).

#1  - Surely just about every stadium they go to is "big" compared the tiny dump they play in 

#2 - They are not making a habit of being "plucky losers" in matches like Blackburn today - they are making a habit of being losers in every match regardless of opposition (and long may it continue all the way back to the basement league)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, cityal said:

More inane ramblings from Gaschat:

I think we have a psychological issue when we play ‘big’ clubs in big stadiums away from home in the league.
Have we played in a game like this and brought back all 3 points since Southampton in 2009?

Norwich away - lost.
Leeds away - drawn and lost.
Sheffield W away - lost.
Sheffield U away - lost.
Bolton away - drew.
Portsmouth away - always lose.
Millwall - always lose.
MK Dons - drawn and lost.
Charlton away - lost.
Coventry away - lost.
Blackburn away - lost.

Maybe I’m talking rubbish because I suppose by definition an away game at a big ground is one that we’re not likely to be favourites in, but we do seem to make a habit of being the ‘plucky loser’ in matches like this (today being another example).

#1  - Surely just about every stadium they go to is "big" compared the tiny dump they play in 

#2 - They are not making a habit of being "plucky losers" in matches like Blackburn today - they are making a habit of being losers in every match regardless of opposition (and long may it continue all the way back to the basement league)

Notice the way he says "big" clubs implying that he thinks the sags are on a par with the clubs on that list?  Delusional.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Gaschat:

We want and need DC. DC needs players that want to wear the blue and white squares in the premiership.

The only way the "famous quarters" are being worn in the Premiership is if Chelsea and the Gas swap kits when Abramovich loses a poker game with Wally...

Unlikely given he seems to be the AQ family's idiot, so much that they've mortgaged a My Little Football Club to keep him busy!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Gaschat:

We want and need DC. DC needs players that want to wear the blue and white squares in the premiership.

Desperate times over there. Just the small matter of winning enough games to exit League One from the top end then laying waste the Championship, 'cludin they gert derty Teds. Cue gales of laughter from EPL HQ. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

To be fair to the gash, had 1,300 at Blackburn today. Decent following

Novelty value of visiting a big ground they haven’t been to for 25 years, exactly like their trip to Wolves. Every lower league club has a ‘decent’ following for those matches. When they went to Scunthorpe, Bury, Bradford and Rochdale Gasheads weren’t so interested.

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

He's now deleted the tweet...

Yes.

Probably because a load of Gasheads decided the only way they could react to that tweet was to accuse Matthias Kurth of sexually abusing children. 

What a bunch of crybaby pricks they are. I’m sure that’s another reason why they are so apparently admired all over the country.

With our popular Goal gifs, local media taking the piss and former City players rubbing it in, Twitter isn’t a very happy place for them at the moment.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, 22A said:

Hope springs eternal;

DC's cautious approach nearly worked at Scunthorpe and it nearly worked at Blackburn.

I realise 'nearly worked' doesn't get any points, but the hammerings away from home have stopped, so that's progress of a sort.

Let’s hope they can keep up such levels of progress..! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 22A said:

Hope springs eternal;

DC's cautious approach nearly worked at Scunthorpe and it nearly worked at Blackburn.

I realise 'nearly worked' doesn't get any points, but the hammerings away from home have stopped, so that's progress of a sort.

Being one point above the relegation zone in league one, and being happy with a loss because you didn't lose by that many, is not really what you'd expect from the 6th richest club in the entire country.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

I love the fact they're all so positive, want they dopey one to stay despite 1 point from the last 7 games, and are going on about how well they played yesterday.  Successful sides can win when they don't play well.  Then you have R*****s.

Dopey could be on the verge of history.  Has any manager taken a side out of and back into the same league from both directions???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, red panda said:

I love the fact they're all so positive, want they dopey one to stay despite 1 point from the last 7 games, and are going on about how well they played yesterday.  Successful sides can win when they don't play well.  Then you have R*****s.

Dopey could be on the verge of history.  Has any manager taken a side out of and back into the same league from both directions???

Alan Dicks

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Alan Dicks

That was very cruel. AD built a side  on a limited budget to get into what was then Division 1 (level 1) and managed  to stay there for 4 years. Clarke has done well, but all he has managed to do is get into League 1 (level 3)