IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

That was very cruel. AD built a side  on a limited budget to get into what was then Division 1 (level 1) and managed  to stay there for 4 years. Clarke has done well, but all he has managed to do is get into League 1 (level 3)

Not meant to be!! Just pointing out that our most successful manager in living memory had that on his cv. Surprised anyone would forget. 

Anyway back on topic. That Roverzzz, they'm shit innum. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, red panda said:

I love the fact they're all so positive, want they dopey one to stay despite 1 point from the last 7 games, and are going on about how well they played yesterday.  Successful sides can win when they don't play well.  Then you have R*****s.

Dopey could be on the verge of history.  Has any manager taken a side out of and back into the same league from both directions???

What are we look at, has he done

L2 - vanarama

Vanarama - L2

L2 - L1

Now hopefully

L1 - L2

L2 - Vanarama

Or will they go bankrupt before he gets a chance?!

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That was very cruel. AD built a side  on a limited budget to get into what was then Division 1 (level 1) and managed  to stay there for 4 years. Clarke has done well, but all he has managed to do is get into League 1 (level 3)

To be fair, Daryll also has a very limited budget.

Which is surprising. Considering just how wealthy they think they are.

The gift that keeps on giving. From their forum:

"...early days but is this the key decision in an upturn in our fortunes? It reminds me of the old Glen Miller film...."

Spoiler Alert, but the movie ends 'disappeared without trace'.

Second thoughts, perhaps it is a good analogy...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

What are we look at, has he done

L2 - vanarama

Vanarama - L2

L2 - L1

Now hopefully

L1 - L2

L2 - Vanarama

Or will they go bankrupt before he gets a chance?!

The best way to actually make some money in the lower leagues is to be like Yeovil continually yo-yoing up and down so you get the packed houses of promotion seasons every two or three years, be like Crewe in selling your best players at top dollar, and supplement it with the occasional cup run whilst all the time keeping your costs really tight.

So the owners are going to be, in private, fine with relegation this season because they sold a lot of STs on the back of last season's promotion and, back in Div 4, they can have another good season and sell a lot more.

Hamer was very explicit about their lack of ambition and the reason for it; and it should be on their club badge as a permanent reminder of their status:

Championship Clubs Lose Money

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, red panda said:

I love the fact they're all so positive, want they dopey one to stay despite 1 point from the last 7 games, and are going on about how well they played yesterday.  Successful sides can win when they don't play well.  Then you have R*****s.

Dopey could be on the verge of history.  Has any manager taken a side out of and back into the same league from both directions???

57 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Alan Dicks

.Alan Dicks took us up, and then down, into Division One and back out. Cheery Daryl Clark can take the gAss out of and into L2 from both directions.

They have now lost more games than any side in League 1, in fact in all the leagues only Crewe and Port Vale have lost more so far this season. Unless of course the gasheads want to bring in the National League (or league 5 as I believe they call it),  in which case all their recent records are improved. For example, they haven't actually been knocked out of the cup by a non-league side recently. 

Think it's been too much, too soon for so many Gash. The despair of dropping out of the league then back to back promo & new Middle Eastern owners, more money than anyone has ever seen, expected to "do a Lansdown + 50%". The Teds struggling so in a season or two we'd be lost in their slipstream. All those hopes & no fears. Not only coming for us but batting us aside as they stride forward. Now the bitterness knows no bounds. 

See AFC Wimbledon plan a new stadium on Plough Lane, their rightful home. Watch out for BRFC making a bid for a corner of the Eastgate car park. Knowing them they'll just move in & stick up some posts. Their rightful home, innit?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The best way to actually make some money in the lower leagues is to be like Yeovil continually yo-yoing up and down so you get the packed houses of promotion seasons every two or three years, be like Crewe in selling your best players at top dollar, and supplement it with the occasional cup run whilst all the time keeping your costs really tight.

So the owners are going to be, in private, fine with relegation this season because they sold a lot of STs on the back of last season's promotion and, back in Div 4, they can have another good season and sell a lot more.

Hamer was very explicit about their lack of ambition and the reason for it; and it should be on their club badge as a permanent reminder of their status:

Championship Clubs Lose Money

Get that to a point, but I have a feeling central revenue (or the money from the EFL) drops by over a million on relegation, and whilst a winning league 2 side might see a few more turn up, I doubt the crowds will be as strong as they are at the moment, especially when you factor in away support.

Long story short, they will lose a load of money if they get relegated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

They have now lost more games than any side in League 1, in fact in all the leagues only Crewe and Port Vale have lost more so far this season. Unless of course the gasheads want to bring in the National League (or league 5 as I believe they call it),  in which case all their recent records are improved. For example, they haven't actually been knocked out of the cup by a non-league side recently. 

I’m pretty sure they refer to it as “the Prem” and they think its realistic to get back there within 5 years. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 3

There are two screenings of Love Actually in Bristol in the lead up to Christmas. One is at the Colston Hall with a full orchestra playing all of the soundtrack in time with the film. Truly spectacular, but at £49.50 a ticket it's a bit pricey.  The cheaper option is to pay £20 to sit in your own car, in the car park at the R*vers ground,  while you pretend to be Hugh Grant and your missus pretends to be Devine Brown.  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

There are two screenings of Love Actually in Bristol in the lead up to Christmas. One is at the Colston Hall with a full orchestra playing all of the soundtrack in time with the film. Truly spectacular, but at £49.50 a ticket it's a bit pricey.  The cheaper option is to pay £20 to sit in your own car, in the car park at the R*vers ground,  while you pretend to be Hugh Grant and your missus pretends to be Devine Brown.  :whistle:

Divine Brown could give Irene a run for her money!

MV5BMTk5Njg3NDI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzE1

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Sit in your own car in December? It'll be freezing - they'll have to leave their engines running to keep warm - well they are called the gas

• Like 1

One of that mobs players Chris Lines( one of their own) is in the Football League paper today saying that Rovers fans need to lower their expectations and realise just how far they have come in a short space of time and its time for a reality check, " now we are going to places like Blackburn and Wigan" he said. I thought they were the biggest and richest club in that league  !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

It's a trap. 

They are only doing this drive in so they can have more horsepower at the Mem.

Your car will get dented. Probably by a fewer who gets upset and decides to punch it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

The cheaper option is to pay £20 to sit in your own car, in the car park at the R*vers ground,  while you pretend to be Hugh Grant and your missus pretends to be Devine Brown.  :whistle:

... and a number of blokes peer in through the windows whilst impersonating Bradley Dack.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Indeed Chris, let's drag down those delusions of grandeur. Get the canvas roofs folded away for the Winter & pack up the plastic chairs. Dey is fer Wimps & Teds. # Prowed To Watch The Gas & Get 'Kin Drenched". You have in fact come much too far so Get Back as the song says & Mind The Gap on the way. 

21 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Gaschat:

We want and need DC. DC needs players that want to wear the blue and white squares in the premiership.

They ain’t squares...they are rectangles....thick gas person...great appropriately named sponsor on the shirt below...and it’s the Premier League not the Premiership....

454D63D6-DB36-4141-ABDC-F44BBC86FF65.jpeg

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Nigel Clough nailed it yesterday when he gave an interview post match after Burton lost against Sunderland. You have to be realistic and say Bristol City will have bigger support, a bigger budget and will attract bigger name players as they are ambitious today and not 5 - 10 years down the line. This is another reason Bristol Rovers will not ever be about. The city  tick tock

Rovers only selling point to a player is that he might get regular football and will be in the shop window for a better opportunity with a big club at South of the river in the future. Rovers certainly have a track record for producing players who go on to brighter futures eg Mat Taylor

Probability would see Rovers expecting to lose more than win against bigger clubs.   But even that is in the balance with the latest lack of progression updates money UWE ground improvements etc.

Taken from gas chat and added a bit just to take the Micky 

or am I ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Nigel Clough nailed it yesterday when he gave an interview post match after Burton lost against Sunderland. You have to be realistic and say Bristol City will have bigger support, a bigger budget and will attract bigger name players as they are ambitious today and not 5 - 10 years down the line. This is another reason Bristol Rovers will not ever be about. The city  tick tock

Rovers only selling point to a player is that he might get regular football and will be in the shop window for a better opportunity with a big club at South of the river in the future. Rovers certainly have a track record for producing players who go on to brighter futures eg Mat Taylor

Probability would see Rovers expecting to lose more than win against bigger clubs.   But even that is in the balance with the latest lack of progression updates money UWE ground improvements etc.

Taken from gas chat and added a bit just to take the Micky 

or am I ?

They can't compete with the likes of Peteborough and Scunthorpe at the moment.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 24/11/2017 at 00:24, zippycar said:

Almost word for word and only slightly paraphrased

Geoff – is the club paying interest to Dwaine Sports or anyone else on that loan?

Hamer – the club has a notional, (he repeated) notional, which is never drawn down (but didn’t exactly say what it was), but is set in place, but the reason is if it was equity then obviously it is non recoverable but it could be perceived as a loan if you like its not drawn down and it’s not damaging the finances of the football club, but eventually if the club were ever to arrive in the Premier League and if the owners believed it was right to repay the loan that they have accrued over a period of time then they have every right to do so.

Hamer - It’s not money that has been received weekly/monthly/yearly, it’s notional and can be drawn or has been accrued as and when they want to do it.

So there you go then, from the proverbial horses (punchers) mouth and of course I believe him - no interest has been paid to date and will only be due when the Gas reach the Premier League.

Sorry that this episode of Jackonary was on so long after your bedtime, but I have no reason to doubt Mr Hamer and why should I!

Oh and yes, Mr Hamer as an after dinner speaker?

I’m glad I haven’t attended some of the earlier posters diners and that’s coming from someone who has had the misfortune of hearing Norman Collier as an after dinner speaker.

And fortunately the Wheel Tappers & Shunters Club was well before most of OTIB’s followers time!!!!

Someone will correct me if my understanding is  wrong .....

As I understand it then the no interest claim dpfrom some deluded Sags is nonsense

there is interest , but instead of calling it in monthly / annually the Sheikhs are cleverly increasing the loan by not calling it in but allowing it to accrue on top of that already loaned

In essence the debt is growing day by day

I know your sentence about only calling in the debt when they reach the Premier League which is a p take about what Hamer waffle about , but in reality they can call it in at any moment they get any form of cold feetand I would assume when the debt approaches the estimated value of the Minimal Dump the warning klaxons be sounding and red lights will be flashing

Debt accruing without any feasible plan or idea how to stem the bleed or turn the situation around

A disillusioned manager and staff and fan base 

As a result of posts on this thread I listened to both Clarke and Hamers interviews with GT

All the indicators are that they are deep in the mire or very close to very deep and if I was a SAG I'd be seriously concerned for the immediate leg along long term future 

:whistle:

Oh well

:yawn:

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Are these Bellends for real. Lets play pass the brain cell. They look like those Richard Heads who ran on the pitch at Wycombe when they thought they were safe :laugh: They must work in abattoirs, or sit there putting the Jam in Doughnuts. Part of me would like anything Bristol Rovers to be removed from History and for the ****-ers to go bust, but when I see things like this maybe just back to non-league so the comedy can continue.:yes:

• Like 1