IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I've looked back just one year and had to laugh at their selective memory loss. Apart from the Matt Taylor threads, they were also convinced City were going down and they were going up at the end of the season.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8600/matty-sold-over-10m  "I'd take £6 million and a loan back until the end of the season". "He lacks the attributes to go for anything more than £2m in my opinion".

Then when Matt Taylor did join City they conveniently forgot this thread; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8642/matty-leave-on-cheap

Bristol Rovers hot-shot Matty Taylor will spark a January transfer war. Brighton, Cardiff, Wolves, QPR and Glasgow Rangers have all come in for Taylor who has scored 15 in 22 games this season and a total of 60 goals in the past two and a half seasons. Taylor is valued in the £1million bracket but has a cut-price clause in his contract which allows him to go on the cheap with Rovers bracing themselves for a battle to keep him. The 26-year-old signed a new deal last July despite interest from other League One and Championship clubs but Rovers will now struggle to keep him after his prolific form.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8960/matty-quarters  Matty T is still being linked with a transfer to multiple Championship clubs. The club have said he's not for sale.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well I was going to wait for 3 wins in a row but I really have been missing you all and didn't want to miss out on any Xmas presents you may be sending me  (Any single malt will be fine btw)

They do a lovely single malt in Sainsbury’s, but I wouldn’t expect you to accept that, from there, so I thought I’d help you out by drinking it myself. 

Aren’t we all getting along nicely, in the festive spirt..! 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, 22A said:

I've looked back just one year and had to laugh at their selective memory loss. Apart from the Matt Taylor threads, they were also convinced City were going down and they were going up at the end of the season.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8600/matty-sold-over-10m  "I'd take £6 million and a loan back until the end of the season". "He lacks the attributes to go for anything more than £2m in my opinion".

Then when Matt Taylor did join City they conveniently forgot this thread; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8642/matty-leave-on-cheap

Bristol Rovers hot-shot Matty Taylor will spark a January transfer war. Brighton, Cardiff, Wolves, QPR and Glasgow Rangers have all come in for Taylor who has scored 15 in 22 games this season and a total of 60 goals in the past two and a half seasons. Taylor is valued in the £1million bracket but has a cut-price clause in his contract which allows him to go on the cheap with Rovers bracing themselves for a battle to keep him. The 26-year-old signed a new deal last July despite interest from other League One and Championship clubs but Rovers will now struggle to keep him after his prolific form.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8960/matty-quarters  Matty T is still being linked with a transfer to multiple Championship clubs. The club have said he's not for sale.

He was never sold.  They pretty much gave him away along with any hope they had of staying in division 3.

• Admin
7 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Saw Wally on Saturday,he was in Cabot Circus,this was about 1.30,did he even go to the game 

Surely he could get from there to the minimal in 90 minutes?

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

His team were just kicking off the second half then. 

The game hadn't started by then???

7 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Saw Wally on Saturday,he was in Cabot Circus,this was about 1.30,did he even go to the game 

Or perhaps, given their current financial problems, he was just hoping to catch up on the latest score on teletext by looking through the Rediffusion shop window - a bit dated methinks, but I well recall doing the same back in the day....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Leveller.

Was this you , advising on the Memorial rebuild?

You could build the new East End over the car park, leaving the existing stands intact, over the course of the season whilst finishing our home games early on. Demolish the East End and shift/rotate the pitch in the off season. Then you have plenty of flexibility over the reconstruction of the other stands, with the option for improved tents in certain areas and/or expansion westwards. You'd probably replace the west stand last as you could feasibly turn this into an all seater with little work and perhaps not even improve this area in the short term.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

@Leveller.

Was this you , advising on the Memorial rebuild?

You could build the new East End over the car park, leaving the existing stands intact, over the course of the season whilst finishing our home games early on. Demolish the East End and shift/rotate the pitch in the off season. Then you have plenty of flexibility over the reconstruction of the other stands, with the option for improved tents in certain areas and/or expansion westwards. You'd probably replace the west stand last as you could feasibly turn this into an all seater with little work and perhaps not even improve this area in the short term.

No, definitely not. I’ve never been to the Mem, so couldn’t bluff that well.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Surely he could get from there to the minimal in 90 minutes?

The game hadn't started by then???

He had just come from the direction of the car park,looked like he had just arrived.I would of thought  that he had to greet the Southend chairman/directors.