IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, bert tann said:

STATEMENT:

TRAINING GROUND PLANNING PERMISSION APPLICATION NOT SUBMITTED

Bristol Rovers Football Club can confirm it has not submitted a new planning permission application for its Almondsbury base. 

Crucially the look–at-the-state-of-it site will bring together the club’s first team and Academy players and staff plus enhance Rovers’ care pathway programme. 

Included in the old-look facility are a main rugby pitch plus two other rugby pitches and a cricket pavilion. 

The club has worked with Wael’s project managers to design a building that any part time rugby club would be proud of, encompassing a toilet, a changing hut, a first aid kit, rehab facilities and an MFI imitation teak home office set for the first team and Academy staff. 

20th CENTURY FACILITIES 

“This will bring our training facilities into the 20th century and  provide the football club’s Academy and first team with a place to hang out” Rovers chief executor Steve Hamster told brfc.coke.uk. 

“We’ve been pretending to work on the training ground project for the past year and, like the redevelopment of the Memorial Stadium, it’s a fantastic story to tell the fans.” 

“Our player development programme is supposed to underpin our ethos at Bristol Rovers Football Club and  providing a second rate home for our first team and Academy setup is another demonstration of the Al-Qadi family’s level of commitment to the club and its young players.” 

Hamster added: “We have worked with so many consultants I’m beginning to lose count but when the current lot disappear and new ones are appointed we will keep supporters fully up to date every step of the way because they think it means something.”

Well the club is 30 years behind the times as you know @bert tann

If you've missed out on the latest Rovers' ground redevelopment "news", it's all succinctly side-stepped in this crushingly awkward interview.

I've gone no real problem with Wael Al Qadi (he's taking Rovers where we want them - back down) but if there was a £10 charge for his use of the phrase "it take's time" then the blue few would have been in administration about 7 minutes into the interview.

It's a painful watch.  What you are seeing is a man with no plan, no access to family money and a fading interest in the football club that they were tricked into buying.  The current stadium redevelopments amount to relocating the shop and repainting some toilets.  The training ground plans have been scaled back to a pitch with a hut - and that won't even be ready for at least 18 months.

I'm sorry Rovers but this family are not investors.  The UWE cash cow didn't happen and they have no plan B.

When wally gave a reply regard playing budgets the interviewer gives a chuckle almost sounding embarrassed as if he felt the answer was nothing but guff!

Also Wally stating that FFP was a hurdle surley has to be more guff, i dont know the in and outs but with what they've spent since he has been there they must have plenty of leeway in that regards. 

Sounds as though the guy has nothing to offer in information or financial clout.

Pointless interview, just going through the motions IMO. 

All he said was we are talking about a plan, but we dont yet have a plan.  Well they have been talking about a plan for months and will continue to talk about it for months to come.  The reason they cant come up with a plan is that they have no money.  Seems like all they are doing is moving the club shop and painting the bogs.  Later, they will improve the playing staff with a visit to Lidl as they cant afford Waitrose. He just kept saying that these imaginary plans will take time.  Sorry Wally there's not much time left.

I wonder if they have a plan to deal with insolvency.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That  was the most cringeworthy interview I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t make it to the end. It was like watching a child trying to explain why he hadn’t done his homework. 

Bemused and embarrassed if I was a Sag but i’m not thank goodness. Let’s just bathe in the progress we are making both on & off the pitch

I imagine they will build something as they will otherwise be without any training facilities. I also imagine they will slowly build up the Mem, just think Rovers have to accept they will have to struggle on as they have. There is no money, only more losses and a small player budget ( they probably should get used tot he £135,000 over 2 years net figure) 

gas365 Avatar
gas365
Youth Team
Dec 7, 2017 at 9:54pm
blueblood1883 and okebournegas like this
gashead1981 said:
As bankers surely they were able to look at the profit and loss and see how much was underpinned by the previous directors? It’s business basics and totally bonkers that they would have to wait to run the club to notice that. 

They should also realise that the delaying of building/refurbing a stadium is also halting revenue and income streams. 

I think maybe we have been giving them too much credit all along. Their father set up the bank which would have been a good leg up into the banking world without having to make the hard yards that self made people do. I am unaware of what the owners of the club have achieved on their own merits outside of the family business- if someone wants to put me straight on that then I am genuinely happy to be corrected.

As it is I can't help but think that where City got Lansdown (loathsome as he is), rag bag Rovers got the investment banking version of the Chuckle Brothers.
Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 8

48 minutes ago, Xiled said:

If you've missed out on the latest Rovers' ground redevelopment "news", it's all succinctly side-stepped in this crushingly awkward interview.

I've gone no real problem with Wael Al Qadi (he's taking Rovers where we want them - back down) but if there was a £10 charge for his use of the phrase "it take's time" then the blue few would have been in administration about 7 minutes into the interview.

It's a painful watch.  What you are seeing is a man with no plan, no access to family money and a fading interest in the football club that they were tricked into buying.  The current stadium redevelopments amount to relocating the shop and repainting some toilets.  The training ground plans have been scaled back to a pitch with a hut - and that won't even be ready for at least 18 months.

I'm sorry Rovers but this family are not investors.  The UWE cash cow didn't happen and they have no plan B.

My goodness,I almost felt myself 'blushing on his behalf-but not quite!.......f#&£ing cringeworthy.

If I had a tenner for every time he says "these things take time" I could buy him out....third class bullshitter par-excell'ence.

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

My goodness,I almost felt myself 'blushing on his behalf-but not quite!.......f#&£ing cringeworthy.

If I had a tenner for every time he says "these things take time" I could buy him out....third class bullshitter par-excell'ence.

The thing is though. Rovers fans will love that . And think everything is going to plan . Idiots 

• Like 1

The sooner they go bust and disappear up there own deluded arses the better. It's good fun ripping the piss out of them but they are like some annoying wasp that needs to be put out of it's sad existence for good. The 2 bell-end Sags at work were cracking each other off today saying that they can still make the playoffs :laugh: Can you really put Bristol Rovers and the Championship in the same sentence, (ok I just did) but it would be ******* embarrassing if they ever fluked it, but a very funny painful slow death seeing them getting battered week in week out. :laughcont: 

• Like 4

They will be relegated or insolvent by March, or even both.  Bodin will be gone in Jan after which they have nothing left and so will go on a winless run to oblivion.

The training ground and academy will never happen, the pitch will remain a quagmire and the only things they will have achieved is to have unpaid bills,  the carpets cleaned, new curtains, refurbished toilets and a new shop.

RIP Bristol Rovers FC. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I think we should leave him alone, all these things take time and they are getting some new bathrooms !!!! He is an absolute joke and  how some of that mob still believe in him is an even bigger joke but it does take time 

Are they having baths in the bogs as well? That would be of huge benefit to most of their fans.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They will be relegated or insolvent by March, or even both.  Bodin will be gone in Jan after which they have nothing left and so will go on a winless run to oblivion.

The training ground and academy will never happen, the pitch will remain a quagmire and the only things they will have achieved is to have unpaid bills,  the carpets cleaned, new curtains, refurbished toilets and a new shop.

RIP Bristol Rovers FC. 

Will nobody ever think about the Championship-ready sprinklers ffs?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

I'm a procrastinator, Get me out of here....

• Haha 1

I still see the G*s departing from their current 'home' and becoming friendly lodgers somewhere within the region.

Must be quite a few clubs would welcome them.  I see that their campaign leaflets are already hitting the doorsteps at the likes of Melksham and Hallen..........

images-2.jpeg

Edited by jackofromrugby
add photo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

I think we should leave him alone, all these things take time and they are getting some new bathrooms !!!! He is an absolute joke and  how some of that mob still believe in him is an even bigger joke but it does take time 

Don’t forget some new bar towels 

5 hours ago, redcityman said:

When wally gave a reply regard playing budgets the interviewer gives a chuckle almost sounding embarrassed as if he felt the answer was nothing but guff!

Also Wally stating that FFP was a hurdle surley has to be more guff, i dont know the in and outs but with what they've spent since he has been there they must have plenty of leeway in that regards. 

Sounds as though the guy has nothing to offer in information or financial clout.

Pointless interview, just going through the motions IMO. 

4 hours ago, 22A said:

I didn't realise FFP only applied to the gas. I thought it affected all clubs.

This is the particularly funny and ironic part of the interview.  Credit to some of the Gas fans for flagging up his mistake on the gasheads.org forum.

As PRESIDENT of Bristol Rovers, Wael Al-Qadi should know that that FFP does not apply to League 1 clubs.  Instead, they (like other L1 clubs) adhere to the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP).  This is a Financial Fair Play framework but rather importantly, owners can invest as much money in their club as they choose.

Such investment is not permitted by FFP in the Championship hence the reason Steve Lansdown is trying to build the turnover of BCFC with so much non-matchday activity.

Basically, Al-Qadi is lying to the Rovers supporters when he says that FFP is at least part of the reason that the owners are not investing more in the playing squad.  They could pour millions in if they wanted to.

Played like a fiddle....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Did he really say it 5 times?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There was one question the interviewer asked about are the family in it for the long term, or something along those lines, his replay was in the singular, saying after hesitation, I am in it for the long term. I thought that very strange, as if he doesn't want to lie but, can't really let on that the family could up sticks and take their funding with them. He has so many get out clauses to draw on and still be considered an honourable man to the befuddled few. In some ways I feel a little sorry for him, but then I have a crap and I don't feel that way anymore. I think he was stitched up by the selling directors of BRFC, as much as Balfour Beatty buying overpriced shares in Cowlin's, on the strength of their redevelopment contract for the Rugby ground, only for that contract to be rescinded by BRFC some six months later, I think under the chairmanship of NH, who I think, sold his shares in Cowlin's to Balfour Beatty.