IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

So that's 300 to Bradford, 300 to Gillingham, 500 to Bury, 500 to Shrewsbury. Have I missed anymore of their world class, adored by all, envy of all gert teds amazing away support numbers? 

They took about 10 to Scunthorpe.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I'd love if that were true, turning up to the wrong Gillingham...

Probably spent the afternoon terrorising the people of this small Dorset town,whilst engaging in time honoured gas past time of titty cricket.

• Haha 1

Common sense being spoken  over there........

" Truth is we may think we are rivals but, football-wise, infrastructure and all other departments APART from fan loyalty, they are so far ahead of us that they are right in having a laugh at our expense and especially when you read we are coming for you :laugh:. 
They have an owner who puts his money where his mouth is, kept his nerve in the manager and is now reaping the benefits. 
From the report today, they got lucky but we had two very lucky promotions so we know a bit about that. 
The only rivalry is from the past in reality. I may not like it but that’s the absolute truth. 

Still a lot of football to be played though but I feel we are on the cusp of the 70’s when they got to the old 1st division and we were 3rd tier. 
Faithful & true, we shall see
  "

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

" Truth is we may think we are rivals but, football-wise, infrastructure and all other departments APART from fan loyalty, they are so far ahead of us that they are right in having a laugh at our expense and especially when you read we are coming for you :laugh:. 
They have an owner who puts his money where his mouth is, kept his nerve in the manager and is now reaping the benefits. 
From the report today, they got lucky but we had two very lucky promotions so we know a bit about that. 
The only rivalry is from the past in reality. I may not like it but that’s the absolute truth. 

Still a lot of football to be played though but I feel we are on the cusp of the 70’s when they got to the old 1st division and we were 3rd tier. 
  "

Apart from the "they got lucky " bit,absolutely bang on.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"

I don’t agree that their fans are more loyal - just quoting the attendance at the final game at their spiritual home, Eastville, makes them spit feathers with rage that their ‘faithful and true’ devotion could possibly be questioned.....they are no more loyal than fans of all other clubs...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The other 15,000 gas away fans probably went to Gillingham, North Dorset.....” them pesky ‘teds have hacked into our sat navs now...”

Keep looking up saddos.....

I heard the other 15,000 were taking the Rainham Steel End unchallenged dressed as Tucker from Grange Hill shouting "Tote". The Kants from Kent thought they were shouting "Goat" and responded with "Goat Goat Goat shaggers".

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"

Has he been accused of being a 'Gurt Ted' yet?

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you agree with them that their fans are more loyal than ours?!

He doesn't say that to be fair, he says we are light years ahead of them except in loyalty. I think there is something in that in all honesty, I wouldn't say we are light years ahead, just ahead. 

They do like to jerk themselves over attendances and quite rightly against their grandiose suggestions it looks tinpot support, but Gillingham is a long way to go to watch crap, and fair play to those who did. They were well supported in the conference and I do commend those that hung around. I was probably weeks away from turning my back on my club temporarily under SOD, so when I think what they go through, their false dawns, their nomadic nature, to be fair I am impressed by every one of their true fans in the loyalty stakes. They do have a loyal core support bigger than their club deserves, albeit not as big as ours. 

Oh dear god!!

'In the longer term, I've thought before that QPR are a model of exactly what I would like us and our stadium to become. Not because of our ties with Francis and Holloway, but because they are what they are, despite the big competition on their doorstep.  A solid Championship side with the occasional foray into the Prem, with the odd slip-up into L1.  A compact 18,000 seater stadium surrounded by housing which generates a great atmosphere.  No need to worry about Arsenal, Chelsea etc.  It's a fan-based club and a different thing altogether from those massive football corporations'

Does that include the financial overspend / cheating, the worst ground in the Championship and the £60M fine hanging over the club, for cheating then?

These fookers are more ignorant /stupid than even I thought and I perceive them as just above an amoeba (with all respect to amoebas)! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

He doesn't say that to be fair, he says we are light years ahead of them except in loyalty. I think there is something in that in all honesty, I wouldn't say we are light years ahead, just ahead. 

They do like to jerk themselves over attendances and quite rightly against their grandiose suggestions it looks tinpot support, but Gillingham is a long way to go to watch crap, and fair play to those who did. They were well supported in the conference and I do commend those that hung around. I was probably weeks away from turning my back on my club temporarily under SOD, so when I think what they go through, their false dawns, their nomadic nature, to be fair I am impressed by every one of their true fans in the loyalty stakes. They do have a loyal core support bigger than their club deserves, albeit not as big as ours. 

You nearly walked away when SO’D was Manager?!?! Blimey, I assume you weren’t around in the early ‘80s then, if you disappear at the first sign of trouble and discontent  then you wouldn’t have lasted five minutes back then.....we stuck with our club and Terry Cooper gradually put us back on our feet. It’s what he did back then in the dark days which allows you to enjoy what we’ve got now....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Oh dear god!!

'In the longer term, I've thought before that QPR are a model of exactly what I would like us and our stadium to become. Not because of our ties with Francis and Holloway, but because they are what they are, despite the big competition on their doorstep.  A solid Championship side with the occasional foray into the Prem, with the odd slip-up into L1.  A compact 18,000 seater stadium surrounded by housing which generates a great atmosphere.  No need to worry about Arsenal, Chelsea etc.  It's a fan-based club and a different thing altogether from those massive football corporations'

Does that include the financial overspend / cheating, the worst ground in the Championship and the £60M fine hanging over the club, for cheating then?

These fookers are more ignorant /stupid than even I thought and I perceive them as just above an amoeba (with all respect to amoebas)! 

I'd agree with most of what you say SJ, but I actually quite like Loftus Road. There are a lot of restricted views seats agreed, but I like the way everything is packed in so tight and is a ground with character, capable of creating a really hostile atmosphere.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You nearly walked away when SO’D was Manager?!?! Blimey, I assume you weren’t around in the early ‘80s then, if you disappear at the first sign of trouble and discontent  then you wouldn’t have lasted five minutes back then.....we stuck with our club and Terry Cooper gradually put us back on our feet. It’s what he did back then in the dark days which allows you to enjoy what we’ve got now....

Sometimes only 4000 stuck with the club in the early 80’s though general attendances were low throughout the Country.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You're right, I wasn't.

But SOD wasn't 'first sign of trouble' I've endured thank you... he was just a personally a ***** (at best imo, and yes from multiple encounters with) as well as serving up dross. 

Edited by Guest

It is the news that the world has been waiting for ...

Rovers Gnomes Back in Stock in the Club Shop

Large

The popular Bristol Rovers Gnomes are now back on sale from the Club Shop.

Just in time for Christmas, the Gnomes are currently available in the Club Shop priced at £17.50.

All profits will go to Wael Al-Qadi's CamelWorld Adventure Park in Jordan with any money left over being spent on painting the toilets at the Mem.

The Christmas Shop at the Mem will be open until 7pm next Thursday for supporters to purchase any last minute Christmas gifts. To view the opening hours of the Club Shop over the festive period, please click HERE.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/december/gnomebackinstock/

As promised I have updated the chart I made based on the excellent suggestion by @RedRaw

Attendances.thumb.jpg.3be6b1ed8587827cfd62233744378777.jpg

As with last time the main thing to be aware of is that this chart shows attendance differences expressed as a percentage of the lower attendance in any given year in the dataset.

0 on the left-hand scale means exactly equal attendances in that season (i.e. 0% percent difference)
100 means the higher club got double the average attendance of the lower club that season (i.e 100% difference of the lower club)
200 means the higher club got triple the average attendance of the lower club

The other thing I did not mention is that I believe the data maybe relates to league attendances only?

The source data used for this can be found at
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm and 
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/brir.htm

I was also asked by @1982 if i could express this as a pie chart - I don't think that is so relevant for attendance difference and will work better for just the raw attendance figures - If i can find good data on the division sizes over time i could multiply out the average attendance by home games that season to get an actual number of people through the turnstiles - now that would make for some fun graphics and charts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It is the news that the world has been waiting for ...

Rovers Gnomes Back in Stock in the Club Shop

Large

The popular Bristol Rovers Gnomes are now back on sale from the Club Shop.

Just in time for Christmas, the Gnomes are currently available in the Club Shop priced at £17.50.

All profits will go to Wael Al-Qadi's CamelWorld Adventure Park in Jordan with any money left over being spent on painting the toilets at the Mem.

The Christmas Shop at the Mem will be open until 7pm next Thursday for supporters to purchase any last minute Christmas gifts. To view the opening hours of the Club Shop over the festive period, please click HERE.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/december/gnomebackinstock/

Looks like their latest player unveiling, and that's definitely not the Mem pitch underneath, more chance of being a grocers barrow!