IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Here's a quiz from their forum:-

1. Who scored Rovers first ever goal in the Conference and who were the opponents ?According to my Sag mates it was Lionel Messi and the opponents were Real Madrid
2. Who did Rovers play in their only ever FA Trophy match and what was the final score ? A team that was far too good to be Non League, Rovers won 6-5 on penalties and were awarded the Watney Cup
3. Name all the five substitutes for Rovers Conference final and name those subs who actually played ? Smash and Grab, Bradford, Randall, Lambert and Stewart (Sag used his own fingers to count)
4. Who did Rovers play in their final Conference match and what was the score ? You mean League Division 5? Who made up this question anyway? **** off shithead 82ers
5. Who scored the only goal in Rovers first league match after returning to League Two ? Super Mat....A ******* snake that is dead to all Rovers fans
6. In that final dramatic match of the 2016 season against Dagenham and Redbridge which saw Rovers promoted who’s shot hit the inside of the post before Lee Brown’s celebrated last gasp winner ? Cristiano Ronaldo 
7. What was the reason for Rovers match at Cambridge in October 2015 to be brought forward 24 hours ? Rovers were struggling to get all 45,000 supporters in
8. Who were Rovers young player and player of the Year in 2016 ? Nathan Ellington and Alfie Biggs
9. Name the Rovers player who scored his country’s winning goal against Jordan to send him and his country to the 2010 World Cup finals ? Rickie Lambert, oh god I'm coming..
10. Which League club brought just 48 away fans to the Mem during 2015/16 season ? The Shit. Worst away support in the country. Rovers won.

Probably the most depressing quiz I've ever come across. I delighted to say I would have scored nought out if ten, as I lost the will to live after question one.

They guy who compiled it seems to have such fond memories of their time in the basement league -  he's either itching to get back there or resigned to the fact that it's their ultimate destination.

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What do I win?

Sod it. It's Christmas so I am gonna have a go too....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Here's a quiz from their forum:-

1. Who scored Rovers first ever goal in the Conference and who were the opponents ?. Dickie Lumbert at was at the UWE v Sneyd Park B team.
2. Who did Rovers play in their only ever FA Trophy match and what was the final score ?. Retainers Reserves at the UWE, 57-0 (we got a bonus point).
3. Name all the five substitutes for Rovers Conference final and name those subs who actually played ?. Fletch, Godber, Lukewarm, Harry Grout and McLaren, they all played because we are the 2nd richest club on the planet and can do what we want.
4. Who did Rovers play in their final Conference match and what was the score ?. Clifton Saint Vincents and we broke our goal scoring record winning 58-0 (we got 2 bonus points) and it was at the UWE in front of 64,349.
5. Who scored the only goal in Rovers first league match after returning to League Two ?. Dickie Lumbert again he scored all of our goals ever until we signed Matty Taylor and it was at the UWE in front of our new record crowd of 67, 756.
6. In that final dramatic match of the 2016 season against Dagenham and Redbridge which saw Rovers promoted who’s shot hit the inside of the post before Lee Brown’s celebrated last gasp winner ?. Matty Taylor because he had taken over all of our goal scoring duties by then.
7. What was the reason for Rovers match at Cambridge in October 2015 to be brought forward 24 hours ?. Because they needed to call in police from all over Europe to cope with the 427,863 fans that were going to be locked out.
8. Who were Rovers young player and player of the Year in 2016 ?. Matty Taylor and Matty Taylor.
9. Name the Rovers player who scored his country’s winning goal against Jordan to send him and his country to the 2010 World Cup finals ?. Rickie Lumbert obviously.
10. Which League club brought just 48 away fans to the Mem during 2015/16 season ?. AFC Rutland mineworkers and dog fettlers friendly society brass band and union United and wasn't the Mom it was the UWE and we broke our crowd record again with 77,880 and we kicked the shit out of the 48 supporters, because some of them had black faces.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

It has just dawned on me, Weston super Mare used to play at Woodspring park from 1986 (currently play at Woodspring stadium since 2004, further along the road)

Woodspring park was built entirely fan funded starting from 1983 till 1986.

If they so desperately want a new stadium, surely their 3 blokes in the tent and the 20k locked out could over the years build a potty to build one themselves - having all that many fans to rival Barcelona and all it should be easy!!

Edited by CrazyInWeston
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

From their forum............

I’m led to believe the creditors owed money haven’t been paid again. There’s trouble at t’mill

How unusual, Its like there is no money at all. A viscious gerd ted might suggest that they are about to go into administration.

Up the Rovers! ;)

From their FB page:

”Think we’ve been fooled again! We all thought Wael had lots of £ but now stadium news is quiet, progress on the pitch is stalling although I think replacing DC would set us back 5-10 years so that is not the answer!”

:)

Edited by WessexPest

6 minutes ago, B block said:

They are in deep sh”t make no mistake about it, they are in free fall. Just Sit back and get the popcorn.

ha was the dog botherer not at the game ? Very strange 

Probably suffering with the same cold/flu I  and loads of other people have, I have never been so unwell, coughing blood every morning atm, horrendous.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can't even give tickets away, can they?

Blue "half" of Bristol.., like ****.

Honestly wonder how long it'll be til it's the Blue quarter, then the Blue fifth. Sit back and watch as a club implodes from within.

14 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Probably suffering with the same cold/flu I  and loads of other people have, I have never been so unwell, coughing blood every morning atm, horrendous.

Yes, lots of bad bugs going around this month. I had one that saw me take my first sick days in years and if DC had anything like that, or proper 'flu which is much worse, then he wouldn't have been up to leaving the house let alone watching a whole match.

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That's 8300 with a Quid a Kid deal. That promotion seems to have worked well.

Oh yes.

With that Jordanian bullshitter in charge they are effectively slowly dying in front of us.

How many "loyal and true" will keep going against the likes of Bury and Northampton for relegation six pointers in freezing January or February?