IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Heard lots of moans about their pitch

Hiw can they not maintain a pitch with no rugby and only one side playing on it - Hardly been a harsh winter !!

#Championshipready

:yawn:

Wasn’t that long ago that they were laughing and taking the piss about how the Rugby was definitely going to churn up our pitch and cock up our chances of any kind of decent football at the Gate. Obviously their pitch would resemble a bowling green.

Wrong again Sagheads

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It does sound like they are in a mess financially with insolvency only a matter of weeks away and their recent record on the pitch is looking pretty dire too.  Not even a cup run to brighten things up.  A couple of bad results over the next week will certaily give them a blue,blue Christmas and a bleak looking new year.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Wasn’t that long ago that they were laughing and taking the piss about how the Rugby was definitely going to churn up our pitch and cock up our chances of any kind of decent football at the Gate. Obviously their pitch would resemble a bowling green.

I don't think it's even green.

• Haha 1

Apparently they had to take out a wonga to pay the players the other week.

I assume that the carpets, curtains and the fence have all been paid for now.

It's not just a case of who they owe money to, it's a case of their only line of credit drying up as their debts are about to exceed the value of the ground that they are using as security and they are losing money every week because they need a crowd of 20,000 or something to break even. :)

Swiss gas always seems to have a handle on the financial,side and as a Sag his posts don't make good reading 

Heres one of his latest

Some perspective is also needed about the Al Qadi family situation and their capabilities. 

Jordan only just makes it into the list of top 100 countries ranked by GDP and is one place below the Democratic Republic of Congo. The AJIB is about the 8th largest bank in Jordan in terms of market capitalisation and it's current stock market valuation is £270 million making the Al Qadi family stake worth about £80 million. Their total family dividend income from AJIB is about £6 million per year with Wael's portion about £700 000 pa.

If the Al Qadi family are not in a position to finance a £25 million redevelopment of the Mem themselves they will have to look for outside investors. If those investors are looking for a 5% return over 25 years the redeveloped Mem will have to be producing net revenues of £1.8 million per year just to pay the outside investors. So to "sell" those investors on the deal someone will have to convince them that the Bristol Rovers business will be able to perform an amazing turnaround from £2 million losses to at least £1.8pa million profits. And then cash has to be found to finance the football team !

• Like 6

At this time of the year, I think it's imperative we remember those less fortunate than ourselves.

Those who through entirely their own fault find themselves friendless, often win less, and living rough in a decrepit rugby stadium with an old tart called Irene.

Dig deep to help those who will always be less fortunate than us - and in our shadow.

Just £5 buys a visit to Santa's Grotty Grotto at the Mem.

Just £25 buys a new plastic chair for those occasions where visitors might swell the attendance.

Just £40 can buy a fake Omega timepiece for an impoverished Arab

Just £55 buys a trolley full of groceries for an enraged Gashead to leave in Sainsbury's. "In protest".

And for just £1,500 you can buy some desperately needed fencing so the Gas can train in privacy, without people laughing.

Unfortunately, no amount of cash can buy them a home win it seems. Get me Geldof and Ure on the phone.....

• Haha 17

22 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I know rovers have always been skint , what sort of financial trouble are they in ?  Who do they owe money too ?   

Ive seen it mentioned many times , but  really without any substance   . Would be interesting to find out ......

v

I would say it's all in the thread but I guess you don't have three hours to spare to read it.

Quick answer: they are not in financial trouble nor do they have s string of unpaid creditors. For now.

Much longer answer: Rovers are owned by Dwane Sports which is owned by the Al Qadi family who have a large but minority shareholding in Jordan's ?sixth largest bank.  Rich but not even close to our own owner. Their annual dividend income from this holding is c. £6m per year.  Nice but compare that against football clubs' losses.

Dwane Sports has taken out a £10m charge on their ground (valued at £11m) and Rovers is drawing money under this charge on which they are paying an estimated 6% interest.

DS has also directly purchased land for a training ground for £2m; Rovers don't own this or owe for it.

Thus far the owners have put none of their money, bar the purchase price, at risk but when Rovers' debts to Dwane Sport and the rolled up interest on this hits £10m then they will have to do this as there is nothing left against which to secure loans.

My estimate for this point is March 2018 though the owners are unlikely to sit upon their hands until this happens.

When the £10m is hit they have several options.

If they are not prepared to put any of their money at risk then they may: seek external unsecured (expensive) funding to finish the season then sell, or sell the ground and put the club into administration, seek another investor to put money in though this would have to be a lot as losses and interest are c. £2m a year.

If they are prepared to put some money at risk: pump in £0.5m to finish the season and then sell.

If they are as devoted to Rovers as Steve Lansdown is to City: keep covering the losses for ten years, give DC a big transfer budget, entirely rebuild the ground, and aim for the premiership.

I include the last paragraph for comic effect.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

Their "ever loyal" fans are speaking up and some are facing reality.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11315/rovers-donny-official-thread-sponsored?page=3   Sad days for BRFC.We are in decline both on and off the field.See you at Walsall.We won't be any worse than we were there last year.Can't see us making enough changes in Jan to arrest the mediocrity on the pitch.Can't see any announcement either regarding a new stadium.Think I'll emigrate or it will be visiting Conference grounds again at this rate.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11315/rovers-donny-official-thread-sponsored?page=4  Awful - can’t keep dragging myself up for it atm - feel so flat and disillusioned- think I need a break from it even tho I have a ST - Good luck gas you need it!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11315/rovers-donny-official-thread-sponsored?page=5  Difficult to know where we go from here, it's not that a few changes to the team from the current squad will make much difference, the players have just lost their way and their confidence to play football has gone. 
The team needs fresh blood but no one is going to release anyone in January at prices our owners are likely to pay. The squad when playing to their potential is good enough to stay up but it only seems to click for a game or two then it back to square one. The let-downs of the pitch have played their part and whilst DC puts a brave face on it, he knows he's battling against the odds and so do the players. 

It's likely that BB will be off in January at a knock down price so we won't have money to replace him let alone improve the squad. Loans are hit and miss, you might strike lucky but loans not best option for a relegation battle. Just to think I was fool enough to believe 'em when they said new stadium, top class training facilities and a top 6 budget...all has proved to be lies. It's hard to dig deep in such circumstances but I'll keep supporting them but do now hope the Al Qadis sell up as there is clearly no future with them or Hamer as Chair. If it's a low budget future then at least we need owners with a vision and plan for the way forward who can work with a manager who knows the position. Trouble is who would pay the £12 milion loan back to them.

There is a thread on their forum about 'reputational damage' and if Wally and family would want to be shamed by seeing Rovers fold.

Given any credibility they might have had at home was probably jettisoned when they took over, I doubt if They'll be shunned down the country club if some lower league outfit no one has ever heard of collapses.

45 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't think it's even green.

Speaking of greens, I see Argyle had over 10,000 at Home Park  today and that's from a position in the bottom 4.

Last week had the plans accepted to finally finish their stadium.

Do you think it's Plymouth that should now take on the mantra of  MIND THE GAP?:cool:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

At this time of the year, I think it's imperative we remember those less fortunate than ourselves.

Those who through entirely their own fault find themselves friendless, often win less, and living rough in a decrepit rugby stadium with an old tart called Irene.

Dig deep to help those who will always be less fortunate than us - and in our shadow.

Just £5 buys a visit to Santa's Grotty Grotto at the Mem.

Just £25 buys a new plastic chair for those occasions where visitors might swell the attendance.

Just £40 can buy a fake Omega timepiece for an impoverished Arab

Just £55 buys a trolley full of groceries for an enraged Gashead to leave in Sainsbury's. "In protest".

And for just £1,500 you can buy some desperately needed fencing so the Gas can train in privacy, without people laughing.

Unfortunately, no amount of cash can buy them a home win it seems. Get me Geldof and Ure on the phone.....

Just £5.50 an hour can pay for a member of staff to sell the pies. Oops, no it can’t. 

£200 can pay the centre half’s wages for the week. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, tts_city said:

Probably suffering with the same cold/flu I  and loads of other people have, I have never been so unwell, coughing blood every morning atm, horrendous.

Mate some advice (I’m a doctor) - please don’t assume that’s the flu, go see your GP. 

Edited by TinMan's left peg
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Swiss gas always seems to have a handle on the financial,side and as a Sag his posts don't make good reading 

Heres one of his latest

Some perspective is also needed about the Al Qadi family situation and their capabilities. 

Jordan only just makes it into the list of top 100 countries ranked by GDP and is one place below the Democratic Republic of Congo. The AJIB is about the 8th largest bank in Jordan in terms of market capitalisation and it's current stock market valuation is £270 million making the Al Qadi family stake worth about £80 million. Their total family dividend income from AJIB is about £6 million per year with Wael's portion about £700 000 pa.

If the Al Qadi family are not in a position to finance a £25 million redevelopment of the Mem themselves they will have to look for outside investors. If those investors are looking for a 5% return over 25 years the redeveloped Mem will have to be producing net revenues of £1.8 million per year just to pay the outside investors. So to "sell" those investors on the deal someone will have to convince them that the Bristol Rovers business will be able to perform an amazing turnaround from £2 million losses to at least £1.8pa million profits. And then cash has to be found to finance the football team !

**** me. That sounds like a bubble about to burst/sh1t hit the fan etc. etc.

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

their forum is great reading, blaming the sheeds, pansdown for uwe not going ahead,   mythical chinese investors  buying rovers out,  now theyve gone to barnsley ! 

their forum is an absolute pantomime !!

Honestly that lot are so far deluded they would blame there own mother for the weather being bad (well if she was a Ted anyway). A gas work colleague got shortchanged in a pub in town once...yep guess what must have been a gurt dirty Ted. Honestly the BMI need to recognise Gaslogicitis as a clinical disease / disorder :facepalm: