IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Some Christmas cheer coming through from their forum:-

" Sad I know but had it confirmed that the club has not paid £12000 owed to my employers for 15 months work.  Something is dreadfully wrong financially, people cannot just not pay for services.  I will not divulge who I work for but can guarantee it is true.  The workforce has now been withdrawn because of non payment.  Merry Christmas and see you at Walsall"

The question is, does he work for a carpet cleaning company? ... or a curtain maker? ... or a dodgy turf-laying company? ... or Dopey's "canine services" supplier? ... or their Blue Glass engraving team? The list is endless...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

" Sad I know but had it confirmed that the club has not paid £12000 owed to my employers for 15 months work.  Something is dreadfully wrong financially, people cannot just not pay for services.  I will not divulge who I work for but can guarantee it is true.  The workforce has now been withdrawn because of non payment.  Merry Christmas and see you at Walsall"

The question is, does he work for a carpet cleaning company? ... or a curtain maker? ... or a dodgy turf-laying company? ... or Dopey's "canine services" supplier? ... or their Blue Glass engraving team? The list is endless...

Twelve grand over fifteen months? £800 a month? I would suggest a nought missing as what sort of `workforce` would it be for that tiny amount?

If who I worked for was owed that money by them I would be naming the company - but to the press first and foremost and when it has been printed then put it on there. The amount, even though it is small, could be the difference between a small company staying afloat or going bust (I suppose that could work for Rovers as well though). My guess would be some cleaning company - they seem to like their cleaning.

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

If who I worked for was owed that money by them I would be naming the company - but to the press first and foremost and when it has been printed then put it on there. The amount, even though it is small, could be the difference between a small company staying afloat or going bust (I suppose that could work for Rovers as well though). My guess would be some cleaning company - they seem to like their cleaning.

Well it worked well enough for City in the past :)

I think it's clear there are some problems at Rovers, however, someone saying on the internet 'It's definitely true, honest!' doesn't convince me of anything.

• Admin
3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Sprinkler installers?

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

I'm guessing the guy talking was a gAss head, so it's his team and he doesn't want to say to much. If roles were reversed I'd feel the same...... to a point.
Clubs still do this , any club going into admin would probably owe companies money. What is more unusual is a (fairly) new owner and Billionaire are seemingly steaming headlong into administration. He could sell his watch I guess. 

They appear to be suggesting it's legal, security or police related, as they're suggesting searching Hamer's consultancy - which is prison legal services as far as I can tell. 

As imagine lawyers would have sued faster unless they've only just closed the matter and billed it, prison can't really be related and too cheap for security - could it be their contribution to policing? 

Imagine ASP would take that long to start really demanding payment... 

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Would guess a smaller supplier of occasional services, the owner of which probably spends 99% of their time trying to get new business and the OTHER 99% of their time trying to trade and chase invoices.

Small business trying to get establised? Not enough hours in the day.

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Probably Darrell Clarke talking about his centre backs 

They`re over there at delusion central banging on about the catering again - they reckon the stalls had run out of virtually everything well before kick off. That sounds to me like a company just buying in what they think they`ll get away with no allowance for extra.

Oh, and one of them said they were still selling out of date crisps.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm guessing the guy talking was a gAss head, so it's his team and he doesn't want to say to much. If roles were reversed I'd feel the same...... to a point.
Clubs still do this , any club going into admin would probably owe companies money. What is more unusual is a (fairly) new owner and Billionaire are seemingly steaming headlong into administration. He could sell his watch I guess. 

Maybe he has been defaulting on the payments for his watch..?! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`re over there at delusion central banging on about the catering again - they reckon the stalls had run out of virtually everything well before kick off. That sounds to me like a company just buying in what they think they`ll get away with no allowance for extra.

Oh, and one of them said they were still selling out of date crisps.

In fairness, they have been using out of date tactics and their manager is well past his “Best Before” date. 

The whole place is starting to fester, rot away from the core and needs disposing of at the local dump.