IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Makro currently have 2 jumbo packs of toilet roll’s for the price of one. 

With their luxurious new toilet facilities on the horizon, would it not be prudent to be stocking up Wael’s 3 wheeler and taking full advantage of this, whilst they have the money..?

*Do the inhabitants at the Mem use toilet roll yet, or are they going to have to splash out.................?

Thank heaven for toilet rolls - Without 'em we'd all be ''splashing out''  !!! ;)  

Oh dear, Dopey's 3rd choice on his shopping list are in the poo

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-5228543/Crisis-Poundland-owner-spirals-control.html

The firm has 1.47 billion euro of debt maturing next year. They point out that investigation into historic accounting may 'make it challenging to either repay or refinance'. 

Do they use the same firm of accountants as R*vers? :gasmask:

So, to summarise, we`re debating over on the transfer thread whether we should pay £10m for Jordan Hugill to try and secure automatic promotion to the premier league.

On asschat they are arguing over whether they got £225k or £400k from PNE for their best player.

I suppose it is important to them though being the difference between them going into admin in April or dragging it out until May.

Mind the gap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm sure we could have insisted on a haircut and a shave in the contract.

Plus he'd actually be able to afford one.

No way !

Can you imagine the monstrosity that lies behind that matted, mangy, flea-infested hair?

He'll give the kids nightmares and scare them to death.

Keep it covered tramp!

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why hasn’t billy sent us a message yet . :sad26:.  Please. :rofl2br:

Please Billy? Reassure us that it was nothing personal? We're ever so insecure, but don't let the Teds know that will you? This is why we suffer from paranoid and aggressive outbursts against innocent Teds. Like recently when the Teds beat Man Utd just to hurt our faithful and true feelings. Man Utd were beaten simply out of spite in an attempt to give us an inferiority complex....nasty nasty nasty Teds...Love you Billy. Special friend Billy.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 4

So with their 2 best players gone (for a pittance), where do they see themselves going now?  They were making a pretty good job of sliding down the table whilst they still had them.

I have a hunch that Harrison could be gone soon as well.

How much of the (supposed) £750k will dopey be allowed to spend and how much will end up being used to pay the bills?

Even if he had the entire £750k (which I doubt), you don't get a lot for that money these days.

I can't understand why Dopey doesn't just say "enough is enough" and walk as there is no way he can stave off relegation now.

Well done hammer if rovers don't sign any one he has put the blame on Darrel saying he got a big budget it up to him who he signs.

cant wait to see the fall out at end of January when no new players join.

The clock is ticking 

same old rovers always blame some one else 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So with their 2 best players gone (for a pittance), where do they see themselves going now?  They were making a pretty good job of sliding down the table whilst they still had them.

How much of the (supposed) £750k will dopey be allowed to spend and how much will end up being used to pay the bills?

Even if he had the entire £750k (which I doubt), you don't get a lot for that money these days.

I can't understand why Dopey doesn't just say "enough is enough" and walk as there is no way he can stave off relegation now.

They are 14th in the table 5 points clear of relegation zone and 9 points out of the playoffs - in a really bad league. Not sure why people think they will be relegated. They will likely bring in a few faces like the last few years and just keep bumbling along.

40 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

£750k?

Dopey has already spent £300k of that in the summer on 26 games, 1 goal "striker" Tom Nichols..

Bless em. Some of them are already talking about the sell on clause as Bodin is going all the way to the top.

They said much the same about Taylor and he hasn't set the championship on fire.

Me thinks that too many years of non league and lower league football has given them a somewhat unhinged view of how strong the championship is these days.

37 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Given that they were rumoured on here (and sagchat) to be unable to pay various contractors late last year, I think it would be reasonable to assume they don't have any of the Taylor money from Jan 2017 left.  

So its is probably not too far from the truth to assume they have a maximum budget of £400k plus whatever the owners chuck in from their own pocket (yeah i know that seems unlikely!) for improving the team via transfers. I am not sure £400K is going to buy much these days in terms of quality league one players.

I heard today from someone that works at Millets who supply the canvas to the gas that Bodins 4 contract offers were

Just under minimum wage

Minimum wage

Just over minimum wage 

Just over minimum wage with free crisps and Mars bars, 2 camels and the use of a very nice watch on a matchday

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

I heard today from someone that works at Millets who supply the canvas to the gas that Bodins 4 contract offers were

Just under minimum wage

Minimum wage

Just over minimum wage 

Just over minimum wage with free crisps and Mars bars, 2 camels and the use of a very nice watch on a matchday

Were these the "luxury" still in date variety?

or the normal "out of date, not fit for human consumption" variety sold down their dump?

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Can you imagine being a bristol rovers transfer target.. Being shown around the ground and the training facilities !! Wow... Not quite a selling point! 

Maybe they drive past our place really fast when the Bris rugby lights are on and hope the target doesn't notice? ;) 

1 hour ago, cityal said:

Given that they were rumoured on here (and sagchat) to be unable to pay various contractors late last year, I think it would be reasonable to assume they don't have any of the Taylor money from Jan 2017 left.  

So its is probably not too far from the truth to assume they have a maximum budget of £400k plus whatever the owners chuck in from their own pocket (yeah i know that seems unlikely!) for improving the team via transfers. I am not sure £400K is going to buy much these days in terms of quality league one players.

£400k will get you 8 Arnold Garitas. Brilliant for re-tweeting shocking statements too...