IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Reality strikes! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11387/bodins-replacement  How can you replace a player like BBB?we ain't got the money or the ambition to attract players.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11387/bodins-replacement?page=2 Why would Kennedy Leave pompey and join us? they are a big club who are looking to be back in Championship soon. We are a club who sold our best striker to the Shi* and now sold our best midfielder for peanuts Reported £400k to a mid table championship side. And by bodins comments he couldnt wait to get out!

23 minutes ago, 22A said:

Reality strikes! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11387/bodins-replacement  How can you replace a player like BBB?we ain't got the money or the ambition to attract players.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11387/bodins-replacement?page=2 Why would Kennedy Leave pompey and join us? they are a big club who are looking to be back in Championship soon. We are a club who sold our best striker to the Shi* and now sold our best midfielder for peanuts Reported £400k to a mid table championship side. And by bodins comments he couldnt wait to get out!

Why do they think that Bodin going to a mid table championship side is such an embarrassment for him?  Preston are light years ahead of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Why do they think that Bodin going to a mid table championship side is such an embarrassment for him?  Preston are light years ahead of them.

Because he left the 6th richest club in England....Didn't you know?....It's Official!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Reality strikes! 

Would that be the same mid table Championship side that is 9th and only 3pts off the last play-off place? :facepalm:

The interviewers always seem so weak and don't challenge responses so the likes of Hamer get away with saying very little and sound so smug and non-commital. We fans deserve a bit more respect and want some real intent announced so that we can believe the Club are not moving backwards. Oh how long ago it now seems when the Jordanians took over and we were all so optimistic!

When you say 'the likes of Hamer', who are you blaming?

Surely not actually Hamer?

He is a (well-paid) salary man, put in place to present the club in a positive light because the owners can't (or won't) be in Bristol all the time to face the press and the fans.

I can't say I've ever warmed to the man, but I've realised he's just doing the job he's being paid to do.

He stopped the fake-positive stuff, like the landing lights remark, some time ago, perhaps because he and the club were being criticised too much for it.  So now he goes for the possibly-fake lower our expectations approach, for which he also gets criticised.

He takes all the flak and then has to go home and sleep at night.  Which he quite possibly does very easily, because I suspect he doesn't really care too much about Bristol Rovers.

Meanwhile the real suspects are content to sit in their air conditioned luxury pads in Jordan and work out how they can rescue or dump the whole project, whilst saving face and continuing to look respectable to their business community.

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:
The interviewers always seem so weak and don't challenge responses so the likes of Hamer get away with saying very little and sound so smug and non-commital. We fans deserve a bit more respect and want some real intent announced so that we can believe the Club are not moving backwards. Oh how long ago it now seems when the Jordanians took over and we were all so optimistic!

When you say 'the likes of Hamer', who are you blaming?

Surely not actually Hamer?

He is a (well-paid) salary man, put in place to present the club in a positive light because the owners can't (or won't) be in Bristol all the time to face the press and the fans.

I can't say I've ever warmed to the man, but I've realised he's just doing the job he's being paid to do.

He stopped the fake-positive stuff, like the landing lights remark, some time ago, perhaps because he and the club were being criticised too much for it.  So now he goes for the possibly-fake lower our expectations approach, for which he also gets criticised.

He takes all the flak and then has to go home and sleep at night.  Which he quite possibly does very easily, because I suspect he doesn't really care too much about Bristol Rovers.

Meanwhile the real suspects are content to sit in their air conditioned luxury pads in Jordan and work out how they can rescue or dump the whole project, whilst saving face and continuing to look respectable to their business community.

Another foreign owner success story.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just snuck over to asschat for a quick look at one or two threads.

Someone better remove all the sharp objects from the Horfield area PDQ. And turn off the gas supply too just in case.

Wallys on the case with that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Insecure isn’t the word for those fools . If anyone on there has a different opinion to the masses. They are hounded. 

It`s like North Korea over there, thankfully without the nuclear capability.

They`d only have one missile and guess where it would be aimed. They would happily accept turning the entire south west into a post-apocalyptic wasteland provided Ashton Gate was destroyed.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

£400k will get you 8 Arnold Garitas. Brilliant for re-tweeting shocking statements too...

I know it was childish what people got Garita to retweet but I thought it was funny at the time!

The thing is the gas already have a comedy squad

Edited by cityal

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Noticed amongst the doom n gloom on Sagchat this post from one of their more sensible posters

Sort of sums up the huge gap between us in terms of match day enjoyment 

How fortunate we are

Almost (I said almost) feel sorry for him

:yawn:

It has been a bit of a chore this season and I've had my doubts about getting a ST next year.  

You are right, it's not really even about the football. It's about the match day experience.  

As I walk in the Mem gates I see 2 poor ladies stood wet and freezing selling programmes in all weather.

I make my way towards the Clubhouse bar where if I'm lucky I can fight my way past 100 smokers to squeeze into a tiny toilet for a quick wazz.

I take a look at the queue for the bar which stretches back to the door and don't even bother. Maybe I could stand outside in the wind and rain and buy one from the back of a horse box? On second thoughts....

I then think about having a browse in the club shop before I realize that it's inside a part of the ground I can't access after 2pm. And even when I'm early its tiny entrance allows for one person in or out at at a time. Then there is no where to try anything on. Not that they have any stock of anything you'd want. Especially just before Xmas.

So I make my way over to the Young Pirates cabin. Occasionally I will buy some sweets for HTY, but normally I just put his name in the draw ticket box in the hope he wins the chance to be the mascot. To be honest I try not to spend too long in the YP cabin, it really smells bad.

Once I've done that I make my way down through the turnstile that is so small I have to lift my rucksack over my head to get through and make my way down to the tent end.

Oh, what's that? It's another trailer outside in the rain where I can buy a beer.....nah, you're alright.

Next stop, the pasty hut. During my 20 minute wait behind 10 people I look at the posters on the doors. Ooh look. Pie of the day is Turkey and Cranberry. That sounds nice.  

When I eventually get to the front of the queue I am greeted by a young person who is on their first day. (No joke, we have had a new staff member in the SS pasty hut nearly every single week). They inform me that they do not actually have any of the pies advertised and they proceed to list all the food they have this week. Just like the vendor, it seems we have to have new pies every week at the pasty hut too. God only knows why we can't just make a decision on what food to sell.  

So, I order my pie and more in hope than anything else I ask what the Meal Deal options are. We all know it's out of date cheese and onion crisps and a twix. They never have anything else anymore. I politely decline and then help the server add up the cost of 2 pies and a tea before then helping them work out the change from a tenner.

I then make my way to sit in a lovely prefab tent, that's windy and freezing bloody cold all year round.

Now I come to think about it, what's not to like? When can I renew my Season Ticket again?

The SS pasty hut? Well I know they have a bit of a problem with racism, didn't know it was that bad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 04/01/2018 at 18:38, bert tann said:

I was gutted when Alfie Biggs went to Preston in 1961.

I thought he had just popped out to get a crate of brown ale.

He did....to help him on the long trek North. The A38 is a very long road!

You must have been pleased when Bobby J. came along though?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Noticed amongst the doom n gloom on Sagchat this post from one of their more sensible posters

How fortunate we are

It has been a bit of a chore this season and I've had my doubts about getting a ST next year.  

You are right, it's not really even about the football. It's about the match day experience.  

As I walk in the Mem gates I see 2 poor ladies stood wet and freezing selling programmes in all weather.

I make my way towards the Clubhouse bar where if I'm lucky I can fight my way past 100 smokers to squeeze into a tiny toilet for a quick wazz.

I take a look at the queue for the bar which stretches back to the door and don't even bother. Maybe I could stand outside in the wind and rain and buy one from the back of a horse box? On second thoughts....

I then think about having a browse in the club shop before I realize that it's inside a part of the ground I can't access after 2pm. And even when I'm early its tiny entrance allows for one person in or out at at a time. Then there is no where to try anything on. Not that they have any stock of anything you'd want. Especially just before Xmas.

So I make my way over to the Young Pirates cabin. Occasionally I will buy some sweets for HTY, but normally I just put his name in the draw ticket box in the hope he wins the chance to be the mascot. To be honest I try not to spend too long in the YP cabin, it really smells bad.

Once I've done that I make my way down through the turnstile that is so small I have to lift my rucksack over my head to get through and make my way down to the tent end.

Oh, what's that? It's another trailer outside in the rain where I can buy a beer.....nah, you're alright.

Next stop, the pasty hut. During my 20 minute wait behind 10 people I look at the posters on the doors. Ooh look. Pie of the day is Turkey and Cranberry. That sounds nice.  

When I eventually get to the front of the queue I am greeted by a young person who is on their first day. (No joke, we have had a new staff member in the SS pasty hut nearly every single week). They inform me that they do not actually have any of the pies advertised and they proceed to list all the food they have this week. Just like the vendor, it seems we have to have new pies every week at the pasty hut too. God only knows why we can't just make a decision on what food to sell.  

So, I order my pie and more in hope than anything else I ask what the Meal Deal options are. We all know it's out of date cheese and onion crisps and a twix. They never have anything else anymore. I politely decline and then help the server add up the cost of 2 pies and a tea before then helping them work out the change from a tenner.

I then make my way to sit in a lovely prefab tent, that's windy and freezing bloody cold all year round.

Now I come to think about it, what's not to like? When can I renew my Season Ticket again?

Your assignment today was to write a summary of your most Tinpot experience and I am pleased to say....you passed with flying colours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How fortunate we are

That bloke should be given a pair of free tickets to on of our matches, providing he then puts a write up of his experience and honest opinion about the comparison, on gaschat! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 200K might be the "tongue in cheek" bid rejected by us last summer, we received more than the Taylor fee last January  We got the bigest buget now and Darrel can buy who he wants.

its just that there is no one good enough to put on the blue and White quarters available. According to Steve Hammer

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here buy this appeared on my Facebook so thought it worth a share.

There has been alot of different "memorablia" released following the Man United game showing just how far City have come, but to pass a bit of time I thought we could play spot the difference between ourselves and the blue few. Of all the highlights their ground offers the picture of the window with a carry bag behind it (it could be big roll) is a particular highlight.

I have included links to the sight should you wish a better view.

https://footballstadiumphotography.co.uk/collections/football-stadiums/products/bristol-city?variant=19793951493

https://footballstadiumphotography.co.uk/collections/football-stadiums/products/bristol-rovers

Screenshot_20180105-225358.png

Screenshot_20180105-225335.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BCFC@Frome said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here buy this appeared on my Facebook so thought it worth a share.

There has been alot of different "memorablia" released following the Man United game showing just how far City have come, but to pass a bit of time I thought we could play spot the difference between ourselves and the blue few. Of all the highlights their ground offers the picture of the window with a carry bag behind it (it could be big roll) is a particular highlight.

I have included links to the sight should you wish a better view.

https://footballstadiumphotography.co.uk/collections/football-stadiums/products/bristol-city?variant=19793951493

https://footballstadiumphotography.co.uk/collections/football-stadiums/products/bristol-rovers

Screenshot_20180105-225358.png

Screenshot_20180105-225335.png

would be a collectors item if the grotto was on there.....