IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Genuinely makes the mem look like a conference ground.

Rivalry aside, it's not a stadium fit for a League One club.

Honestly all jokes aside there ground is a complete and utter shambles, its an embarrassment to Bristol to be honest

• Like 1

On 04/01/2018 at 21:03, Coombsy said:
The interviewers always seem so weak and don't challenge responses so the likes of Hamer get away with saying very little and sound so smug and non-commital. We fans deserve a bit more respect and want some real intent announced so that we can believe the Club are not moving backwards. Oh how long ago it now seems when the Jordanians 

Meanwhile the real suspects are content to sit in their air conditioned luxury pads in Jordan and work out how they can rescue or dump the whole project, whilst saving face and continuing to look respectable to their business community.

I doubt they’re that bothered about it to be honest.

They’re getting the land grab sown up and that will be done soon.

Funny how they think they’re showing off a Club to their rich mates that’s followed by a load of racist sex offenders who play in a ground that looks like it’s been taken straight from Mogadishu. 

Weirdos. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Noticed amongst the doom n gloom on Sagchat this post from one of their more sensible posters

Sort of sums up the huge gap between us in terms of match day enjoyment 

How fortunate we are

Almost (I said almost) feel sorry for him

:yawn:

It has been a bit of a chore this season and I've had my doubts about getting a ST next year.  

You are right, it's not really even about the football. It's about the match day experience.  

As I walk in the Mem gates I see 2 poor ladies stood wet and freezing selling programmes in all weather.

I make my way towards the Clubhouse bar where if I'm lucky I can fight my way past 100 smokers to squeeze into a tiny toilet for a quick wazz.

I take a look at the queue for the bar which stretches back to the door and don't even bother. Maybe I could stand outside in the wind and rain and buy one from the back of a horse box? On second thoughts....

I then think about having a browse in the club shop before I realize that it's inside a part of the ground I can't access after 2pm. And even when I'm early its tiny entrance allows for one person in or out at at a time. Then there is no where to try anything on. Not that they have any stock of anything you'd want. Especially just before Xmas.

So I make my way over to the Young Pirates cabin. Occasionally I will buy some sweets for HTY, but normally I just put his name in the draw ticket box in the hope he wins the chance to be the mascot. To be honest I try not to spend too long in the YP cabin, it really smells bad.

Once I've done that I make my way down through the turnstile that is so small I have to lift my rucksack over my head to get through and make my way down to the tent end.

Oh, what's that? It's another trailer outside in the rain where I can buy a beer.....nah, you're alright.

Next stop, the pasty hut. During my 20 minute wait behind 10 people I look at the posters on the doors. Ooh look. Pie of the day is Turkey and Cranberry. That sounds nice.  

When I eventually get to the front of the queue I am greeted by a young person who is on their first day. (No joke, we have had a new staff member in the SS pasty hut nearly every single week). They inform me that they do not actually have any of the pies advertised and they proceed to list all the food they have this week. Just like the vendor, it seems we have to have new pies every week at the pasty hut too. God only knows why we can't just make a decision on what food to sell.  

So, I order my pie and more in hope than anything else I ask what the Meal Deal options are. We all know it's out of date cheese and onion crisps and a twix. They never have anything else anymore. I politely decline and then help the server add up the cost of 2 pies and a tea before then helping them work out the change from a tenner.

I then make my way to sit in a lovely prefab tent, that's windy and freezing bloody cold all year round.

Now I come to think about it, what's not to like? When can I renew my Season Ticket again?

These things take time.

On 04/01/2018 at 17:51, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The scene outside the Mem this morning when local tradesmen heard that they had received some money ...

27024839-large-group-of-construction-wor

Sorry, Darrell ... the money's all gone ... but these things take time!

Second one in's nice.......I have a couple of doors I need hanging...............and payment on the day!

Edited by Robert the bruce

On 04/01/2018 at 17:10, Fiale said:

They are 14th in the table 5 points clear of relegation zone and 9 points out of the playoffs - in a really bad league. Not sure why people think they will be relegated. They will likely bring in a few faces like the last few years and just keep bumbling along.

In all likelihood your right,they will scrape 'n scratch around and dig out just enough to beat the drop-but 'hope springs eternal in the human breast!

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Evolution not revolution? Their fans have never gone through the former and are too pathetic to attempt the latter.

#conferenceboundagain

Can you imagine the City fans putting up with a circus act chairman like this, we wont even put up with a cold pasty without storming the ground and demanding resignations.

Massive difference between the clubs, they'll put up with anything and everything until it's miles too late. There's not even a whimper from them. Just highlights the massive difference of expectations between the two clubs fans, our club are never in any doubt what we expect from them, while they will just roll over and be led.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, screech said:

Can you imagine the City fans putting up with a circus act chairman like this, we wont even put up with a cold pasty without storming the ground and demanding resignations.

Massive difference between the clubs, they'll put up with anything and everything until it's miles too late. There's not even a whimper from them. Just highlights the massive difference of expectations between the two clubs fans, our club are never in any doubt what we expect from them, while they will just roll over and be led.

Then blame everyone except themselves. Always the victims.

• Like 1

from the 'yesterday' thread on sagchat: http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11404/yesterday

I would love the club to be run by people who r gas though and though one problem you know any with spare few millions to spend? I don’t do you ?

So (ignoring the obvious spelling mistakes!)..... You want owners like City have with the Lansdowns?

I know they like to mock us for being a "franchise" and "tax dodgers" etc.  But the truth of the matter is the sags would give anything to have an owner and vice-chairman like ours who are both wealthy and fully behind the club. 

Coincidentally that thread is worth a read, sounds like some of the fewers are about to give up on their tinpot club - "Prowed and loyal" to the end

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cityal said:

from the 'yesterday' thread on sagchat: http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11404/yesterday

So (ignoring the obvious spelling mistakes!)..... You want owners like City have with the Lansdowns?

I know they like to mock us for being a "franchise" and "tax dodgers" etc.  But the truth of the matter is the sags would give anything to have an owner and vice-chairman like ours who are both wealthy and fully behind the club. 

Coincidentally that thread is worth a read, sounds like some of the fewers are about to give up on their tinpot club - "Prowed and loyal" to the end

Just read through it. The sense of despair is palpable. They are finally beginning to see the light.

4 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Someone on that thread said - " I hate City with their stupid gifs for their goals but at least it is outside of the box thinking."

...but they already have their own for when Sinclair scores ...

trapatramp.gif

Thats not Sinclair! the clothing is too new.!

59 minutes ago, screech said:

Which is why they are in the state they are in.

Its fine though because they can all stand around on the Blackthorn End or sit in one of their tents, patting each other on the back and congratulating themselves about what amazing, loyal supporters they are.

Meanwhile their club gets flushed down the bog right in front of their eyes.

City fans wouldn’t put up with the same shit they have. Nothing to do with loyalty, we’ve got higher hopes for our club, they just want to be one place above us in the League. Moan about how unfair it is that City get this and City get that but you get the club you deserve Sagheads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just had a quick look to see who the Sag's were playing today.  Had forgotten that they had already been dumped out of the FA cup as well :) :) :)

Surely the self styled "6th richest club in the country" is in the 3rd round of the cup? :P

20 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just had a quick look to see who the Sag's were playing today.  Had forgotten that they had already been dumped out of the FA cup as well :) :) :)

They were still in the FA Cup at the very beginning of November ... but then they were forced to play in the first round against a team from the 4th division which was never going to end well ...

FACup.png.58146d1c2559664f41c35cb71a63ed4e.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

They were still in the FA Cup at the very beginning of November ... but then they were forced to play in the first round against a team from the 4th division which was never going to end well ...

FACup.png.58146d1c2559664f41c35cb71a63ed4e.png

Is that our Stead?