IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Happy-5th-birthday-messages.jpg

UWEstadiumnight.jpg

"The proposed 21,700 seater stadium, a joint venture with UWE, was granted planning permission on January 17 2013 with a five year expiration date set on the consent.

That consent is due to expire on January 17 2018, meaning that work must begin by early next year at the latest if the club are to avoid having to reapply for planning permission."

So as The Gap prepares to come of age in 2018 and gets ready to celebrate its 18th birthday .... their planning permission for UWE expires today!

Looking at the traffic and crowd, must have been match day !

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Looking at the traffic and crowd, must have been match day !

No need for a match with the South Glos Bowl, a "pipe" dream was the closest it got to smoking and fire.

Edited by Rich
addition

Have they not extended the planning permission then? Regardless of what happens in the near future I would have thought the UWE would have kept the planning permission open (unless for something like a stadium it is a ridiculous cost)?

18 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Happy-5th-birthday-messages.jpg

UWEstadiumnight.jpg

"The proposed 21,700 seater stadium, a joint venture with UWE, was granted planning permission on January 17 2013 with a five year expiration date set on the consent.

That consent is due to expire on January 17 2018, meaning that work must begin by early next year at the latest if the club are to avoid having to reapply for planning permission."

So as The Gap prepares to come of age in 2018 and gets ready to celebrate its 18th birthday .... their planning permission for UWE expires today!

quote-look-at-what-you-could-have-won-jim-bowen-62-79-66.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

UWE have been doing a few bits of paperwork recently but they were recently (in S Glos Council's letter of January 5th) told today was a deadline...

"It is critical to note that the final two conditions and implementation needs to be made by the 17th January 2018 to allow the planning permission to remain extant."

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OZGK7POKLLB00

As far as I'm aware they haven't commenced work on site so the consent is dead.

OTIB.

Edited by Kid in the Riot

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As far as I'm aware they haven't commenced work on site so the consent is dead.

OTIB.

I'm guessing there little point in the UWE doing anything to prolong the planning , didn't they originally have plans for a small 6k venue? 
I honestly don't know how the gAss would have carried on if
1) they didn't own the stadium.
2) They had to pay rent.
3) They would not have much in the way of off field profits coming in.
The  UWE can now do as they wish , smaller athletics/ multi purpose stadium. While the gAss lower house prices in Horefield 

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm guessing there little point in the UWE doing anything to prolong the planning , didn't they originally have plans for a small 6k venue? 
2) They had to pay rent.
The  UWE can now do as they wish , smaller athletics/ multi purpose stadium. While the gAss lower house prices in Horefield 

Didn't the Head at UWE say that if the stadium didn't go ahead they had other things they could use the land for? I assume faculty buildings or additional parking. 

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Didn't the Head at UWE say that if the stadium didn't go ahead they had other things they could use the land for? I assume faculty buildings or additional parking. 

Yep, I think extending the Law department was mentioned too. I'm sure I read originally that they were thinking of a small multi purpose stadium, would be funny if they did it on their own.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

2) They had to pay rent.

SL should get involved and try to get a indoor athletics arena there. Would add massively to Bristol Sporting profile and facilities, indoor Gymnastics, athletics, boxing, fencing,  Judo, table tennis, tiddlywinks, monopoly etc and add a attractive commodity to UWE - could host some real sporting events like Birmingham, Manchester  etc

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

SL should get involved and try to get a indoor athletics arena there. Would add massively to Bristol Sporting profile and facilities, indoor Gymnastics, athletics, boxing, fencing,  Judo, table tennis, tiddlywinks, monopoly etc and add a attractive commodity to UWE - could host some real sporting events like Birmingham, Manchester  etc

SL doesn’t need UWE’s land or help. He’ll want to do any projects for the good of Bristol Sport, not to split any profits with another party.