IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I saw this little ditty on a QPR site; 

When you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's Zamora :clap:

made I laugh

Got any other odes to gas players old or new?  :gasmask: 

Does the old Basso chant of “He saves to the left, he saves to the right, Adriano Basso, makes Phillips look shite” count?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Transfer window closes in 2 weeks and they still haven't flashed any cash. 2 out for big money in their world and nothing to replace them.

Tricky game against Bradford for them tomorrow too.

Slowly sliding into Div 4 oblivion again.

I read Bodin went, who else did they manage to sell?

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Transfer window closes in 2 weeks and they still haven't flashed any cash. 2 out for big money in their world and nothing to replace them.

Tricky game against Bradford for them tomorrow too.

Slowly sliding into Div 4 oblivion again.

Looks like the Bradford scouts have visited the Memorial Ground!

Comment from Kenny Black, Bradford assistant manager;

" The state of the Bristol Rovers pitch, which is struggling more than Valley Parade’s, will also be a factor.
Rovers paid six figures last summer to have the surface relaid but it is now in such poor condition that they will have to get another one done at the end of the season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wonder how bad their pitch is. Could games be called off?

Just had the misfortune to have visited that dump again,on the down side,the pitch looked fine albeit from a distance,on the up side,I managed to get into row with some idiot wearing a sag track suit,I think I won.

Bless. The following is taken from their forum.

Imo- If I was a league 2/ conference footballer, with options to move, I do not see many better clubs than Bristol Rovers.

But even if we agree that Barcelona and the Madrid clubs might not be sending their scouts to the dizzy heights of the conference, I could - without too much effort - find examples of better clubs than the fewers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Imo- If I was a league 2/ conference footballer, with options to move, I do not see many better clubs than Bristol Rovers.

But even if we agree that Barcelona and the Madrid clubs might not be sending their scouts to the dizzy heights of the conference, I could - without too much effort - find examples of better clubs than the fewers.

91 Others at least 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If their budget is is one of the lowest in L1, pus the fact they're going through the hoop soon, pretty much the entire football league would be better plus a few in the conference I should think.

More 'hear no evil' crap from the inert deluded few I suppose.

I am genuinely starting to feel pity for them. #SMUGBUGGER :)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just about the whole of L1 would be a better bet.  Some of them have a real lack of self awareness about their club!

• Like 1

The Bodin money will probably keep them afloat until the end of the season but they are sure looking like relegation fodder.

4,000 season ticket sales in July/August may keep them going until Christmas I suppose. Not sure how many they would sell in div 4 though.

Did they pay back the money they borrowed to pay the players wages?

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do they really not realise that the entire football industry in this country knows they are sliding down the pan at a rapidly increasing speed?

What agent is going to go to his client and say `I`ve been advised of a great opportunity for you at Bristol R*vers and I think you should take it`?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Bodin money will probably keep them afloat until the end of the season but they are sure looking like relegation fodder.

4,000 season ticket sales in July/August may keep them going until Christmas I suppose. Not sure how many they would sell in div 4 though.

Did they pay back the money they borrowed to pay the players wages?

That was a short term deal. I'm surprised that the pawn shop took Wally's watch though 

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Do they really not realise that the entire football industry in this country knows they are sliding down the pan at a rapidly increasing speed?

What agent is going to go to his client and say `I`ve been advised of a great opportunity for you at Bristol R*vers and I think you should take it`?

Same one who trying to get Yeovil striker 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Imo- If I was a league 2/ conference footballer, with options to move and enough money in their bank account that they won't worry when they don't receive their pay every month, I do not see many better clubs than Bristol Rovers.

I've added the missing words from your quote, Rob ...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Looks like the Bradford scouts have visited the Memorial Ground!

Comment from Kenny Black, Bradford assistant manager;

" The state of the Bristol Rovers pitch, which is struggling more than Valley Parade’s, will also be a factor.
Rovers paid six figures last summer to have the surface relaid but it is now in such poor condition that they will have to get another one done at the end of the season.

Six figures..?

100,000 pence..?! Most of which was probably spent on sand to cover the pitch with!