IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The most shocking thing about the fewers is that they are so accepting of their 'rag' status they no longer challenge ANYTHING.

They just accept that they are a non entity and put up with it. There would be proper scenes South of the river if we were given so many false promises, lack of investment and generally treated they way they are.

But they seem to accept it. I really can't understand it. They don't seem to be remotely organised or speaking with a collective voice. They have strength of numbers (regardless of how we mock, they get good crowds), but they come at things from so many different angles they are viewed as a joke by a succession of owners.

They are largely responsible for the position they find themselves in.

Idiots.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The most shocking thing about the fewers is that they are so accepting of their 'rag' status they no longer challenge ANYTHING.

They just accept that they are a non entity and put up with it. There would be proper scenes South of the river if we were given so many false promises, lack of investment and generally treated they way they are.

But they seem to accept it. I really can't understand it. They don't seem to be remotely organised or speaking with a collective voice. They have strength of numbers (regardless of how we mock, they get good crowds), but they come at things from so many different angles they are viewed as a joke by a succession of owners.

Idiots.

Long may their perceived apathy/stupidity continue.

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

He was a hero in Geoff Dunford's eyes. That's why he gave him the honour of vice president of the football club, for services to the football club, while "acting" as Chairman of the rugby club. He said so in his Obituary, which for some reason went into great detail about finances, rather than the man, which I for one, thought, rather a strange thing to do.

Hell of a coincidence wasnt it Rich. Ground stealing vermin tried to take AG too.

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Hell of a coincidence wasnt it Rich. Ground stealing vermin tried to take AG too.

Remember it well. The thing is, none of their dodgy dealings have ever, I'll repeat, ever, been brought to light by the local media. On the flip side, front page news when Bristol City player gets done for driving without insurance. The stories which could have been brought to light, if only there were an impartial local press with proper journalists, it's still happening. If things had been happening south of the river, like those on the dark side, the "Bristol" Post would have been digging and delving like flies around a turd.

The statement below was taken from Gasopedia club history.

"During the 1981-82 season, with the lease on Eastville coming to an end, Rovers were offered deals to groundshare by both Bristol City and Bath City, however a five-year extension to their existing lease was agreed and Rovers would remain at Eastville until 1986. Before the lease was agreed, the Rovers chairman, Martin Flook, had made an offer of £450,000 to buy Ashton Gate Stadium from Bristol City, who were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. However, when City reformed as Bristol City (1982) plc, this bid was rejected".

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Idiots.

Don't kid yourself, City had plenty of false promises from different boards in the past, then you got lucky with Lansdown, it has absolutely nothing to do whether you would 'put up with it or not'.

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don't kid yourself, City had plenty of false promises from different boards in the past, then you got lucky with Lansdown, it has absolutely nothing to do whether you would 'put up with it or not'.

But each and every time cries of 'sack the board and protests have taken place before we went non league.

We have various independent groups who work with (and importantly) against the club (when appropriate) and it's these challenges that ensure progression, change and a diverse approach.

Supporters club and trust and Section82 are but two of them.

All Rovers have managed is one bloke wearing a black scarf who got 30 seconds on Points West.

Face it, your lot love being the victims.

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

All comes down to luck doesn't it?

We got lucky because Harry Dolman and Steve Lansdown both sampled the delights of BRFC before deciding to stay a while at Ashton Gate. Both evidently didn't go a bundle on your lot.

I understand your luck has run out now, after the "billionaire" who got conned into getting involved with BRFC has been got at by the people who actually control the purse strings, perhaps even he has seen the light.:yes:

1 minute ago, Rich said:

We got lucky because Harry Dolman and Steve Lansdown both sampled the delights of BRFC before deciding to stay a while at Ashton Gate. Both evidently didn't go a bundle on your lot.

I understand your luck has run out now, after the "billionaire" who got conned into getting involved with BRFC has been got at by the people who actually control the purse strings, perhaps even he has seen the light.:yes:

Hang on. Do you think Wally wants to throw his piggy bank in our direction?

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Please educate yourself mate. Every time that I can remember that we as a fan base weren’t happy there was protests , trying to get things changed especially in the 80’s 90’s . 

You lot just roll over and have your bellies tickled , always have but call yourselves loyal . In my eyes your apathy is the opposite of loyal. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Please educate yourself mate. Every time that I can remember that we as a fan base weren’t happy there was protests , trying to get things changed especially in the 80’s 90’s . 

You lot just roll over and have your bellies tickled , always have but call yourselves loyal . In my eyes your apathy is the opposite of loyal. 

I seem to remember plenty of protests last season, you will be claiming next that's what improved things on the pitch!

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What format did our protests take in the 80s and 90s? Certainly not saying you are incorrect but I was there in those decades and can’t remember ‘protests’ - if they were behind the scenes then I apologise.....

30 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Anyone know what’s going on?

i happen to know the stadium manager’s wife and she’s lovely. So as much as I like to laugh at Rovers, I’m not sure I’m enjoying this one. 

Anyone any ideas?

If you read Polak's comments on page 1 it is very clear what is alleged to be going on: financial irregularity.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What format did our protests take in the 80s and 90s? Certainly not saying you are incorrect but I was there in those decades and can’t remember ‘protests’ - if they were behind the scenes then I apologise.....

Outside the grandstand on quite a few occasions when pissed off with the board. Terry cooper being sacked being one of them . 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Outside the grandstand on quite a few occasions when pissed off with the board. Terry cooper being sacked being one of them . 

I can definitely remember protests in the car park in front of the boardroom entrance, all organised without social media as well.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I can definitely remember protests in the car park in front of the boardroom entrance, all organised without social media as well.....

I'll drink to that. IIRC a well known city fan who used to play rugby for a well known team, once said on TV that he was one of the fans protesting. I think he went on to say that he might have thrown something at a window. 

Inquiry?

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I seem to remember plenty of protests last season, you will be claiming next that's what improved things on the pitch!

You really think loosing a few games last season is on a par with the state of your club..?! 

Have a word with yourself..!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Idiots.

Oh dear, oh dear..! You’ve made yourself look a bit silly there mate..!

You’ve clearly forgotten about their leaving shopping trolleys full of produce by the checkouts at Sainsbury’s! 

How hardcore can you get..!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh dear, oh dear..! You’ve made yourself look a bit silly there mate..!

You’ve clearly forgotten about their leaving shopping trolleys full of produce by the checkouts at Sainsbury’s! 

How hardcore can you get..!

Sorry Bar.

They make urban activists like Swampy seem like pretenders.

Who can forget the 'basics eggs' that were MOVED.

My bad.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Strange as it may seem to readers of his wife's recent and well-justified media appearances, back in the 1970s there were most certainly loud and quite violent protests against the late Harry Dolman OBE.