IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't know if it's been brought to anyone's attention but, a letter in tonight's Post, reminds us that Rovers actually beat the Busby Babes, when they were the best team that there has ever been.

Almost. Duncan Edwards didn't play that day. But anyway, a fine effort from "the" Rovers, as Man Utd won the league that season. 

6 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

A lot of older sags like to bang on about that 50s team  being the best ever in Bristol, totally ignoring our spells in the top flight of course.  #gaslogic

They have always been deluded. 

13 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Almost. Duncan Edwards didn't play that day. But anyway, a fine effort from "the" Rovers, as Man Utd won the league that season. 

Every dog has his day and, every team has an off day. Fair play to them for seeing off MUFC on what was a quagmire of a pitch, sixty odd years ago.  How they managed to play on that I don't know.

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't know if it's been brought to anyone's attention but, a letter in tonight's Post, reminds us that Rovers actually beat the Busby Babes, when they were the best team that there has ever been.

What a suprise, they are still trying to steal some of our limelight. 

‘Oh don’t forget about us, blah, blah, blah’

Wish they’d just all piss off.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

A lot of older sags like to bang on about that 50s team  being the best ever in Bristol, totally ignoring our spells in the top flight of course.  #gaslogic

Especially the Bristol City side of the early 1900s who finishes runners up in the Football League, appeared in an FA Cup Final and until this season jointly held the League record for most games won in a row.

Think that beats a couple of good seasons in the second tier.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

Every dog has his day and, every team has an off day. Fair play to them for seeing off MUFC on what was a quagmire of a pitch, sixty odd years ago.  How they managed to play on that I don't know.

During the era of the maximum wage.  Soon as that was lifted and Rovers had to compete commercially their decline into obscurity went into a tail spin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malago said:

During the era of the maximum wage.  Soon as that was lifted and Rovers had to compete commercially their decline into obscurity went into a tail spin.

They have not finished in the top half of England's second tier since those sepia-tinted days of jumpers-for-goalposts, since 1960. 

If we finish 7th or higher this season, that will be a higher finish - another one - in the 92 than they have ever finished, in their entire miserable history.

• Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:51, Lita For Congo said:

I know I’m on thin ice with libel situations and wouldn’t want the forum in trouble. However, true to form, expect their fans to grass and it all be out in the open. 

I'd like to clearly state I am not alleging anything illegal.

The rumour goes that someone with very long ties to a "football" club had a role in hospitality. Full tables every week.

Posters alleged (then were deleted by admin) that there was a possibility that this chaps mates may have not been paying the full price on a very regular basis for a significant number of places, and that these lower payments weren't accounted for in the books

Club investigated.

Gardening Leave.

Second initial same as the worlds best known Nazi

Mods feel free to remove if this causes problems.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Forgot to say, they unfortunately came up against a better team in the next round, drawing at home, followed by a defeat in the replay at Bellevue, to a better more famous "Rovers" in, Doncaster Rovers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Forgot to say, they unfortunately came up against a better team in the next round, drawing at home, followed by a defeat in the replay at Bellevue, to a better more famous "Rovers" in, Doncaster Rovers.

Do Doncaster Rovers have any connection to Doncaster United who, according to the sag’s hospitality dept, they played only recently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I see a few Bristol Rovers players on social media are posting pictures of some kid they believe has stolen stuff from their changing room. 

Of course I have no idea what proof they have, but I'm sure even the police don't post pictures of minors. I might be completely wrong but are they on dodgy ground by posting a picture of him without any proof?

https://twitter.com/tomnichols20/status/956852013828108288