IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Interesting thread on one of their forums about whether or not they should go bankrupt and start again rising through the leagues like a phoenix and take their rightful place in the Championship as a dept free club.

I know their imagination is amazing isn't it? 

Anyway I thought I'd share this post. 

We should never 'chose' to bankrupt the Club. It is unethical and screws local businesses. We should never stoop to what the sh*t did in 1982. We remain on the moral high ground in Bristol and it's always good look down on that lot south of the river for their disgusting behaviour. BRFC has been around for 135 years. The sh*t have no history. 
However - you raise a valid point. Dwane Sports could sell the Mememorial Stadium and effectively leave BRFC debt-free and homeless. Even I don't think this will happen. I am pretty damn sure that the Bankers who own our Club are well aware of the option. OK - Dwane Sports cut and run. A chance for fan ownership? (Vaughan has some ideas on this).
At this point - pretty sure we would slide down the leagues. We would have to rent somewhere to play. Obviously this is the (unlikely) nightmare scenario.
But - Does it kill the Club? Nope. We become 'like' a phoenix Club... a chance to start again with a clean sheet. Could a Club ever recover from this? Well there are plenty of examples of this happening - Wimbledon being the best. And remember they have a far smaller support base than us. 
As long as I have a team to support in north Bristol who play in blue & white quarters and have a proud history going back to 1883 - I can live with that. The UWE was the big one that got away. It was a chance for us to establish ourselves in a higher division. Maybe the UWE numbers never stacked up, we'll never know. FTG.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7221/unthunkable#ixzz55U09oyUo

So they have the moral high ground? 

Amazes me how they can blank out so much of their clubs behaviour. 

What a ******* pr!ck :laughcont:

Deluded bitter morons.

We are Bristol City from Ashton Gate, our spiritual home of over 100 years. Bristol’s best supported team with attendances that have always been higher than theirs. We’ve played in the top flight. More than a century of League Football, never lost our place in the League Pyramid whilst they’ve spent their ‘proud’ history bumming around Division 3 (or lower :laughcont:) moving from shithole to shithole doing bugger all year after year.

Well done them :clap:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/treasurer-stole-176000-bristol-rovers-192623

A history of stealing, thieving and lieing. 135 years of it. So Prowed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

I have always railed against the idea of hoping that ANY club goes out of business. However, based on that post, I am about to break that habit. 

I hope they disappear, never to return. That nonsensical distorting of the truth (we used to call them lies in the old days), coupled with the shocking “South Bristol is full of rapists and thieves” nonsense earlier in the thread has changed me. I hope they disappear, never to return. Their decent fans will be upset and that is a shame, but the club and some of their followers really are a blight on Bristol. 

Agree. **** um . Hope they go bust 

• Like 6

I was in the company of one last night, who was bemoaning their bad luck over stadiums. He cited that they "lost the one at Mangotsfield because a bloke took out a court case to oppose it" ? It was in green belt with no access planned to and from the stadium. No application was ever submitted.

"The planned one at severnside was due to pollution"?    Again they blamed the council and not their own consultants, who carried out a feasibility study for them but, forgot to ask the council if there were any restrictions for the site, there were. No application was ever submitted.

They were told a pie in the sky stadium on council owned land in Hengrove was a bad idea, as it was in the heartland of BCFC support, it was. No application was ever submitted.

The only application submitted to Bristol, was for redeveloping the rugby ground, it was very dubiously approved after several of the planning committee were controversially removed the morning of the meeting. The councillors removed were thought to oppose the plans, they were replaced by councillors sympathetic to Rovers and the plans were approved that same evening.

The only application for a new stadium, was in South Glos and it was approved.

They haven't been unlucky in their search for a new ground, they've been tin pot and downright amateurish in their approach, without carrying out proper research, followed by the usual, blame everyone else but themselves.

Booh fekin Hooo, nobody's willing to give us a new ground, it's so unfair! :facepalm:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/treasurer-stole-176000-bristol-rovers-192623

A history of stealing, thieving and lieing. 135 years of it. So Prowed.

They even lie about how long they’ve been around. They weren’t called brfc in 1883 they were Black  Arabs or something . But yet again if you bring that up they just call you a bitter ted :laughcont:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What a ******* pr!ck :laughcont:

Deluded bitter morons.

We are Bristol City from Ashton Gate, our spiritual home of over 100 years. Bristol’s best supported team with attendances that have always been higher than theirs. We’ve played in the top flight. More than a century of League Football, never lost our place in the League Pyramid whilst they’ve spent their ‘proud’ history bumming around Division 3 (or lower :laughcont:) moving from shithole to shithole doing bugger all year after year.

Well done them :clap:

Quite right.  They have the nerve to say we have no history.  We were playing in division 1 and the cup final when they were still grubbing around in the Southern League!

yet more delusion from their closed shop forum. IIRC, we made an invitation to Hebury ****t and his kindred spirits to join this forum to discuss their delusion but not one has ever taken up the offer?

In a closed shop forum, they can spout their inane drivel and nobody ever disagrees so they genuinely start to believe their crap. If they were so sure of their facts, why don't they open up their forum to supporters of other clubs, just like we do? I think we already know the answer to that question. As for 'looking down on us', good luck with that. :no:

Their only poster I have any respect for is Julian AKA Kingswood Polak as I have known the bloke for years and he's a top man.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

For any sad gas**** currently reading this, I cordially invite you to stop being such a coward and sign up to the forum. Discuss your vile club with us.

Been offered before ZE, they won't come out from a forum where inane bullcrap is the accepted norm and they're all self congratulating themselves as the 'bestest fans in the world'.  

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Been offered before ZE, they won't come out from a forum where inane bullcrap is the accepted norm and they're all self congratulating themselves as the 'bestest fans in the world'.  

Don't half get on my tits mind, all very well talking about how much you hate the teds behind the technological equivalent of a line of police, come and back it up ffs!

Pathetic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't half get on my tits mind, all very well talking about how much you hate the teds behind the technological equivalent of a line of police, come and back it up ffs!

Pathetic.

It's like playing them and waiting for their amazing fans (best in the land bar none..) to arrive, never see them in and around the Gate but magically come kick off there they are, singing about that sad slapper Irene, then after the game they all magically disappear like rats into the sewers, yet when we have to go there (wherever they've stolen for the season..), you'll see City fans everywhere and i mean everywhere...

20 odd years ago we were in n the same league, yesterday I saw Holloway and thought he’s the only tangible link to them in any form of playing capacity, once he’s out the picture there’s no link left, even there best players are leaving to go to better themselves at clubs that are not as good as ours.

that-is a measure of how little they have progressed in 20 years.

i would actually be surprised if they are a league club in 5 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I can't say I've read every football forum but I have read many over the years and I have not come across a single forum that has a blanket ban upon all supporters of their rivals.  Except for gaschat.

That reveals weapons grade insecurity.  Please don't disagree with us because we have no answer to it.

They don’t have a blanket ban. There was no question about who you support when I joined!

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

They don’t have a blanket ban. There was no question about who you support when I joined!

I imagine you'd be banned immediately once you were 'outed' as a 'ted' though Leveller whereas gash fans can openly admit to being blue on here and (once we stop laughing) we accept them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

For any sad gas**** currently reading this, I cordially invite you to stop being such a coward and sign up to the forum. Discuss your vile club with us.

Why invite those ***** on here? Sorry to piss on your cornflakes ZE but im not sure you speak for everyone. I dont need them to help form my opinion of that crock of shite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

There may not be when you join but he mods have openly said in the past that any City fan gets banned automatically; you don't need to do anything beyond reveal yourself as being a City fan.

State that clearly the next time that you post and see what happens.

58 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Why invite those ***** on here? Sorry to piss on your cornflakes ZE but im not sure you speak for everyone. I dont need them to help form my opinion of that crock of shite.

Hahahaha, would just like an opportunity to make one of those whoppers realise he's a whopper really!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Interesting thread on one of their forums about whether or not they should go bankrupt and start again rising through the leagues like a phoenix and take their rightful place in the Championship as a dept free club.

I know their imagination is amazing isn't it? 

Anyway I thought I'd share this post. 

We should never 'chose' to bankrupt the Club. It is unethical and screws local businesses. We should never stoop to what the sh*t did in 1982. We remain on the moral high ground in Bristol and it's always good look down on that lot south of the river for their disgusting behaviour. BRFC has been around for 135 years. The sh*t have no history. 
However - you raise a valid point. Dwane Sports could sell the Mememorial Stadium and effectively leave BRFC debt-free and homeless. Even I don't think this will happen. I am pretty damn sure that the Bankers who own our Club are well aware of the option. OK - Dwane Sports cut and run. A chance for fan ownership? (Vaughan has some ideas on this).
At this point - pretty sure we would slide down the leagues. We would have to rent somewhere to play. Obviously this is the (unlikely) nightmare scenario.
But - Does it kill the Club? Nope. We become 'like' a phoenix Club... a chance to start again with a clean sheet. Could a Club ever recover from this? Well there are plenty of examples of this happening - Wimbledon being the best. And remember they have a far smaller support base than us. 
As long as I have a team to support in north Bristol who play in blue & white quarters and have a proud history going back to 1883 - I can live with that. The UWE was the big one that got away. It was a chance for us to establish ourselves in a higher division. Maybe the UWE numbers never stacked up, we'll never know. FTG.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7221/unthunkable#ixzz55U09oyUo

So they have the moral high ground? 

Amazes me how they can blank out so much of their clubs behaviour. 

This would be the club that stole the Memorial Ground from Bristol FC?

• Like 1

Not much transfer activity during the window for them so far, though I have just read that they are after Millwall's Tony Craig.

I must admit, I've never heard of him. Has he played against us?

Of course, they are between a rock and a hard place really in that if they don't strengthen their team, they are heading back to div 4 and if they do, they will end up in the same place due to insolvency and minus 10 points too.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not much transfer activity during the window for them so far, though I have just read that they are after Millwall's Tony Craig.

I must admit, I've never heard of him. Has he played against us?

Of course, they are between a rock and a hard place really in that if they don't strengthen their team, they are heading back to div 4 and if they do, they will end up in the same place due to insolvency and minus 10 points too.

I think he is a bit of a Milwall ledge, not full legend, but a player who has been with them some time.

Would guess it would tick a lot of boxes on both sides, they want experience and this bloke has played a fair bit of first team football, and with him being in his 30s, he is probably looking for one last payday and a signing on fee.

Can't imagine he will be on small change though.

22 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There may not be when you join but he mods have openly said in the past that any City fan gets banned automatically; you don't need to do anything beyond reveal yourself as being a City fan.

State that clearly the next time that you post and see what happens.

This is true, it's almost incestuous. 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 17:41, Rich said:

I was in the company of one last night, who was bemoaning their bad luck over stadiums. He cited that they "lost the one at Mangotsfield because a bloke took out a court case to oppose it" ? It was in green belt with no access planned to and from the stadium. No application was ever submitted.

"The planned one at severnside was due to pollution"?    Again they blamed the council and not their own consultants, who carried out a feasibility study for them but, forgot to ask the council if there were any restrictions for the site, there were. No application was ever submitted.

They were told a pie in the sky stadium on council owned land in Hengrove was a bad idea, as it was in the heartland of BCFC support, it was. No application was ever submitted.

The only application submitted to Bristol, was for redeveloping the rugby ground, it was very dubiously approved after several of the planning committee were controversially removed the morning of the meeting. The councillors removed were thought to oppose the plans, they were replaced by councillors sympathetic to Rovers and the plans were approved that same evening.

The only application for a new stadium, was in South Glos and it was approved.

They haven't been unlucky in their search for a new ground, they've been tin pot and downright amateurish in their approach, without carrying out proper research, followed by the usual, blame everyone else but themselves.

Booh fekin Hooo, nobody's willing to give us a new ground, it's so unfair! :facepalm:

The one in Avonmouth didn’t get off the ground ,due to fact the council didn’t want the sags polluting the area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4