IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

If (and it's a big IF) we get to the PL, their fan base would be wiped for a generation !:clap:

I think we've pretty much done that already. It's great to see so many young 'uns at the Gate nowadays while I have heard gas fans complain that their fan base seems bereft of youngsters. Actually what they said was' where's all the ******' babbies gone up the Mem? All old bast***s up yer nowadays, ******' teds'! :)

6 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

"We shouldn't think that this will always be the case. If AFC Bournemouth, or Swansea or even Huddersfield Town wanted one of 82's best players they would be able to get them. If not now at the end of the season when and if they stay up and the sh** don't go up.

Bristol Rovers have a bigger fan base than all of those clubs and have the potential to do equally as well provided that one day we have owners capable and willing to invest."

The ignorance of facts by the Blue few is astonishing - surely no-one can be as stupid as the moron you have just quoted.
There is absolutely no way their "fan base" is bigger than ANY of the clubs mentioned.

Attendance_rubbish.thumb.jpg.e95d374c390b719d647ae46a93e28e40.jpg

To prove this I made the image above, which uses data taken from the attendance figures website often linked on here, and which I have linked before.

I stuffed the last 20 years of attendance data for the four teams into a spreadsheet and created a line graph plot. Each club is then plotted onto the graph in their own home colours* 

In the data shown the gas have NEVER had support to match Huddersfield who have consistently averaged 10-15K in the last 20 years, and have jumped to 20K last year

It is however true that back in the period 1998 - 2003 ish The Swans, Bournemouth and Bristol rovers had similar attendances, and sometimes (even often) Bristol rovers were higher than the other two.

However since 2005 Swansea have had greater avg attendances than Bristol rovers, and since 2006 you'd argue they were far greater.

The gas attendances have stayed close to Bournemouth's from 1998 until around 2014, but In recent seasons even Bournemouth have had considerably larger numbers than Rovers (by >20% or so).
Bournemouth are basically showing that if you actually manage to sell out even a small ground regularly you can keep a respectable average up (as did another Bristol club when we had a reduced capacity)

*Note: Unfortunately Huddersfield play in blue white like the Gas so I choose an alternate colour scheme for Bristol Rovers. 
I opted for a nice "yellow and black" scheme for the "fewers" data - That colour scheme stuck in my mind as the colours of an away kit they once had - No idea why!!   

Edited by cityal
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

KippoGas Avatar

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Championship ready hand driers.

If I had to dry my hands under that, I'd have to wash them again.

Hmmm, if it does actually blow hot air, looks like they've finally outdone us.

They said they were coming for us!

:sad26:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

"Going forward at a snails pace".  Looks more like going backwards to me.  How can they think that? What evidence of progress is there?

They chalk off survival days on a tally chart. They would have been dead over 2 years ago when Nick Higgs gambled everything on winning against Sainsbury's with a Wonga loan and then ended up losing. The Fake Sheikhs came in and were sold a dud and now every day they continue to exist is a blessing. Hopefully the Bodin money which hasn't been spent might enable them to last the rest of the season before going into administration.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They chalk off survival days on a tally chart. They would have been dead over 2 years ago when Nick Higgs gambled everything on winning against Sainsbury's with a Wonga loan and then ended up losing. The Fake Sheikhs came in and were sold a dud and now every day they continue to exist is a blessing. Hopefully the Bodin money which hasn't been spent might enable them to last the rest of the season before going into administration.

Clubs which enter administration automatically incur a 10 point deduction. Were that to happen this season, it could put them into a relegation scrap (although with their deadline day signings it may actually drop them from a playoff spot to merely mid-table :noexp:). If it happened next season it would mean they'd probably only be nailed on for second place. ;)

20 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Next up ; Shrewsbury, birthplace of  Charles Darwin 

Here's living proof of Darwin's Theory of Evolution, he's now a tramp playing for the R*vers;

cd.jpg

sss.JPG

To give Darwin's work its full title: "The Theory of Evolution ( these things take time)"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

"Going forward at a snails pace".  Looks more like going backwards to me.  How can they think that? What evidence of progress is there?

To be fair to the blue few, they have moved forward, not at a fast pace as the saga thought but still with the new owners they seem to think the following, which wouldn’t of happened with old owners, based on facts.

No new signings.
No top players signing improved contracts.
No development squad.
No darrell clarke.
No chris hargreaves.
No league 1 football.
No new toilets and club shop.
No  exciting training ground development.
No football loving mad rovers fan co-owner
No safe protection from insolvency 
No real hope of a prosperous future.
No prospect of a redeveloped mem near the fantastic gloucester road.

14 hours ago, The Joker said:

My mate recons Irene is a hermaphrodite, he's cock sure of it.:noexp:

A rather rotund colleague in our Swindon office is about to go off on maternity leave, and a "guess the sex and weight of the baby" sweepstake thing went round the Bristol office yesterday. Apparently putting "Hermaphrodite, 18lbs, possible extra digits (bonus prize?)" is inappropriate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Markred said:

To be fair to the blue few, they have moved forward, not at a fast pace as the saga thought but still with the new owners they seem to think the following, which wouldn’t of happened with old owners, based on facts.

If that's not a mistype of "sags" that's a brilliant new name for them - they are all complaining how old their fans seem to be on matchdays (especially compared to ours at the moment) so Saga seems appropriate!

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

In 1990 they were in the 2nd tier. 

Let’s hope they keep “moving forwards”..! 

43 minutes ago, Markred said:

No new signings. - What, no free transfers?! I don't think so!!!
No top players signing improved contracts. - Top players like Taylor and Bodin? Haven't they gone?
No development squad. - And who have they developed? Where are the fruits? Where are the Joe Bryan's and Bobby Reid's of the Sags then? Anyone?
No darrell clarke - He won't be lied to again Sags. Tick tock!
No chris Hargreaves - What does he do apart from present the Bananarama on BT Sports? Yeah woo! Welcome Bernard.
No league 1 football. - Not long to wait.
No new toilets and club shop. - Whoopy doo
No  exciting training ground development. - Fencegate? How are those project managers getting on?
No football loving mad rovers fan co-owner - Comical Ali?
No safe protection from insolvency - No, you'll still be solvent, just homeless, so no change for Stuart Sinclair there!
No real hope of a prosperous future. - What fact is this based upon then? Not Mr "HELLO! We are the richest club in Bristol" is it? Or better still, Steve "I'll just go and have a chat with Darrell about spending the Bodin money now" Hamer? **** me you lot really are as gullible and thick as you look!
No prospect of a redeveloped mem near the fantastic gloucester road. - Seen the plans yet? Set any dates yet? There is lots to "discuss" first remember?! Hahahahaha!

• Haha 1

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:48, Rudolf Hucker said:

@Aizoon clearly you've trained Horace well

Russgas

Russgas Avatar

Failure is the best teacher in the world. Winning is a trophy, failing is an education.
Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 1029 posts
5 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Russgas on 5 minutes ago

Threads merged.
I was awoken last night by four Bristol city fans playing football in the street with a hedgehog, I was absolutely disgusted and about to call the RSPCA, when the Hedgehog went 1-0 up.

Except that Horace posted the joke about three Gasheads just over four years ago...

• Like 2

So their transfer window comprised selling their best player for £400k to a top ten Championship club, (a fee that must surely have been negotiated by David Davis).

Then signing a bloke called “Bernard” from Aldershot (no, not the bass player from Chic, sadly he is no longer with us)

Plus a 32 year old released by Millwall and then Elliott Bennett’s crapper brother, who was released by Pompey.

Must be time for their mates at The Post to change the subject & mention their “amazing away support” again, even though Plymouth’s is miles better.

******* tinpot.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4