IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sanitised ! Clueless****. 

He meant "sanitary" because Ashton Gate is clean, comfortable, well kept and professionally managed; the polar opposite of the Memorial Ground.

Our pitch is like a billiard table too - despite hosting both football and rugby (I thought that they told us our pitch would suffer with both teams using it?). Theirs is unfit for league football despite only the first team using it once each fortnight (they don't get involved in cup competitions so it's hardly overused). Even using the tactic of keeping the ball in the air does nothing to prevent the ground cutting up.

I know which ground I'd prefer. So does @Jarman but he can't bring himself to admit it. If "old fashioned terracing" is so desirable, why do all 15ers crave a new ground? Clue: because they've succeeded in turning an old fashioned rugby ground into a practically uninhabitable (judging by their attendances) crock of shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 22A said:

That is their secret plan to beat City when / if we ever have to go there for a competitive game

They've done it before. I believe their grounds man was filmed watering the already wet area in the corner, prior to a match with Stockport County. It was a midday KO and the Stockport fans had already travelled down. The match was called off allowing BRFC players an extra days rest, before playing us in the LDV, Johnstone's Paint or whatever it was called on a really boggy pitch. IT worked, they won. They also "allegedly" cut the water mains at Twerton, prior to a new years match against us, when they had a few players out with injury and we were flying. The rescheduled match was played at the end of the season, when we were suffering the loss of Super Bob and it worked again.

Ifa kin ate thoze bus terds.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

Is that the playoff final when the 15ers goalkeeper should have been sent of in the first half was it for a foul or handling outside of the area. If the 15ers had been down to 10 men for most of the match maybe they would still be in the banarama league

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

They've done it before. I believe their grounds man was filmed watering the already wet area in the corner, prior to a match with Stockport County. It was a midday KO and the Stockport fans had already travelled down. The match was called off allowing BRFC players an extra days rest, before playing us in the LDV, Johnstone's Paint or whatever it was called on a really boggy pitch. IT worked, they won. They also "allegedly" cut the water mains at Twerton, prior to a new years match against us, when they had a few players out with injury and we were flying. The rescheduled match was played at the end of the season, when we were suffering the loss of Super Bob and it worked again.

Remember the top bit, Stockport were also on something like a seven match winning run at the time.

The pitch was apparently “waterlogged” despite amateur football taking place at Eastville Park on the same day...

It also as you say, coincided with the Saturday between the 2 legged midweek JPT games with us, meaning amazingly they had no game (whereas we travelled up to somewhere like Blackpool & played).

Stockport’s manager said the postponement was a “disgrace” and complained to the FA, who of course did absolutely nothing.

Cheating scum.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm not sure about watering the pitch but they definitely made no efforts to get the game against a very 'in form' Stockport County played. Previous matches that winter they had called upon people to come in and help get the pitch up to scratch to keep the game on (according to the EP).

If I remember correctly Jim Gannon (Stockport boss) had words to say about it at the time, the response from the blue few was typical from them, they played the innocent victim and Gannon became a bit of a hate figure at the Mem. Meanwhile on the same day we were away to Blackpool.

I think Rovers won the rearranged fixture*, they crept into the Play Offs on the last day and got promoted. Stockport failed to make the top 7 (L2) in the end.

Cheating bastards.

*Edit: they did win the rearranged match according to their head 2 head page with Stockport. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

Wow! We really do make their weekend, when we lose a game..! 

No matter what’s wrong with their club, how badly they’re run, what their league position is, or what a laughing stock their ground & pitch are.... all is well, as long as City lose..! 

• Like 4

Quote from gAsschat:I always slag them off doesn’t matter if their on a good run or a bad one there’s always plenty of ammo.
If they get promotion to the Prem I’ll do the same.

This is all kinds of pathetic, sums them up really. If we did reach the Prem they would have just lost at home to Hartlepool or someone, but they’d be celebration us losing to ManU. Odd bunch.

Edited by 1960maaan

21 hours ago, Unan said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 10.16.28.png

This is the wrong game. It was the first play off final to be played at the new Wembley and it was the one where Rovers beat Shrewsbury 3-1. Apparently Rovers took 45,000 to that one, and in normal Rovers style they have been known to exaggerate this figure further. I have heard it swing from anything between 46-48k. Anyway, whatever it was it was the Shits highest ever attendance +1

Edited by Cheesleysmate

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

This is the wrong game. It was the first play off final to be played at the new Wembley and it was the one where Rovers beat Shrewsbury 3-1. Apparently Rovers took 45,000 to that one, and in normal Rovers style they have been known to exaggerate this figure further. I have heard it swing from anything between 46-48k. Anyway, whatever it was it was the Shits highest ever attendance +1

This one then. I suppose they could have had 3/4 of the attendance, but I would have thought that even Shrewsbury could have mustered more than around 15k supporters?

2018-02-05 09_01_25-2007 Football League Two play-off Final - Wikipedia.png

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

This one then. I suppose they could have had 3/4 of the attendance, but I would have thought that even Shrewsbury could have mustered more than around 15k supporters?

2018-02-05 09_01_25-2007 Football League Two play-off Final - Wikipedia.png

Well, Shrewsbury did sell 15k+ for their play off final in 2009, so there is every likelihood that they sold that amount in 2007. 

Edit: I don’t know how many they sold in 2007, but Shrewsbury’s allocation was 25,000 tickets. 

I love how suddenly every neutral, corporate & club Wembley (approx 5-10k, I’d guess) attendee must have been supporting the Gas. How convenient..! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Quote from gAsschat:I always slag them off doesn’t matter if their on a good run or a bad one there’s always plenty of ammo.

This is all kinds of pathetic, sums them up really. If we did reach the Prem they would have just lost at home to Hartlepool or someone, but they’d be celebration us losing to ManU. Odd bunch.

Always plenty of ammo? :blink:

Yeah I suppose with our 27,000 all seater stadium, wealthy Bristolian owner, well over double their home crowds, better average away crowds every season, 3 times the number of STs, better history, over a century of League Football, the lack of tents for stands, beating Man Utd in a match televised across the Globe, giving Man City a run for their money, all the praise we’ve received in the Media, never dropped into Non League, 17 years above them...

We really are the gift that keeps on giving aren’t we? 

Sag idiots.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, Shrewsbury did sell 15k+ for their play off final in 2009, so there is every likelihood that they sold that amount in 2007. 

Edit: I don’t know how many they sold in 2007, but Shrewsbury’s allocation was 25,000 tickets. 

I love how suddenly every neutral, corporate & club Wembley (approx 5-10k, I’d guess) attendee must have been supporting the Gas. How convenient..! 

They had about 40,000 there.

They had an initial allocation of 35,000 that was increased by another 5000 tickets when it became apparent Shrewsbury didn’t need their full allocation. 

Like other City fans I’ve heard ridiculous claims of 48k, 49k and even 50k from Gasheads....I know it’s not like Sagheads to bend the truth but the middle tier wasn’t even open.

Incidentally, they call us ‘plastic’ but isn’t it funny how a day out at Wembley attracts a whopping extra 33000 ‘loyal’ Gasheads who couldn’t be arsed to go to their home games that season?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah I suppose with our 27,000 all seater stadium, wealthy Bristolian owner, well over double their home crowds, better average away crowds every season, 3 times the number of STs, better history, over a century of League Football, the lack of tents for stands, beating Man Utd in a match televised across the Globe, giving Man City a run for their money, all the praise we’ve received in the Media, never dropped into Non League, 17 years above them...

Sag idiots.

Looking at that thread, it appears yategasman has borrowed the sag brain cell this week "Unfortunately the buggers are up amongst em for a reason "

Quarter of a century since they even played at level 2, let alone challenged to get promoted from it.

COX.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Looking at that thread, it appears yategasman has borrowed the sag brain cell this week "Unfortunately the buggers are up amongst em for a reason "

Quarter of a century since they even played at level 2, let alone challenged to get promoted from it.

COX.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

23 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They had an initial allocation of 35,000 that was increased by another 5000 tickets when it became apparent Shrewsbury didn’t need their full allocation. 

Like other City fans I’ve heard ridiculous claims of 48k, 49k and even 50k from Gasheads....I know it’s not like Sagheads to bend the truth but the middle tier wasn’t even open.

Incidentally, they call us ‘plastic’ but isn’t it funny how a day out at Wembley attracts a whopping extra 33000 ‘loyal’ Gasheads who couldn’t be arsed to go to their home games that season?

Just going to tag @Robbored here...

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Despite winning on that occasion, it can’t have been much of a “day out”, seeing as 15k of those didn’t bother going again in 2015..! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is all kinds of pathetic, sums them up really.

Sagtards!

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sag idiots.

Exactly 

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Despite winning on that occasion, it can’t have been much of a “day out”, seeing as 15k of those didn’t bother going again in 2015..! 

Wembley was literally brand new and they were the first playoff final ever to play there, hence the inflated crowd. Day trippers and sightseers rather than die hard Sags.

Rovers are so used to being the last to play somewhere (when everyone else has left and switched the lights off), so to be one of the first teams to have played at the new Wembley was a whole new life changing experience for the squatters.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sag idiots.

Yeah, but when did we last have new curtains and have the carpets cleaned?