IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

Okay I'll say it....anyone else have a niggly thought in the back of their mind that it would be good for bristol football if they snuck up through the playoffs?

I don't care if it's good for Bristol football or not, but anything that hastens there demise if fine by me.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Okay I'll say it....anyone else have a niggly thought in the back of their mind that it would be good for bristol football if they snuck up through the playoffs?

You have to wonder if they can afford to get promoted.

If they came up, were forced to go all seater within 3 seasons their capacity would drop significantly and they would be expected to pay championship wages.

The extra revenue from being in the Championship would only take them so far.

14 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Uh nope. "It would be good for Bristol football ...". That's the sort of thing that you'd expect the mayor to say and with respect, he and his tube system are 'kin delusional.

How exactly would it be good for Bristol football? I can only think of one - it would benefit the 15ers.

It wouldn't benefit us, Manor Farm, Mangos etc, Downs football yada, yada. So where would you see benefit?

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Why do people care about bristol football? I genuinely dont understand it, how on earth can it be a good thing for bristol city?

I care about bristol city, not bristol football.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If they came up, were forced to go all seater within 3 seasons their capacity would drop significantly and they would be expected to pay championship wages.

(In a Jordanian accent ...) "No, I said these things take time - not just three seasons."

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cider red said:

No. I hope they get relegated, get relegated again and go bust. My real preference would be to see them simply go bust and disappear without having to wait a couple of years.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cider red said:

Nope. Imagine the UK seeing that shanty town on highlights or live games. That would give Bristol a very shoddy image. Let 'em rot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I hate to break it to you all, but, they are "On the edge of greatness"

(no sniggering at the back please)

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11664/on-edge-greatness

:bored:

Un ******* believable :laugh:

There's even some nobheads saying that they've been supporting the club for 50 years and more. Why the **** would you bother supporting something so long that has given you so much continued disappointment.

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

There's even some nobheads saying that they've been supporting the club for 50 years and more. Why the **** would you bother supporting something so long that has given you so much continued disappointment.

To be fair, City have been pretty good at that too over the years....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I get the 50 year support thing. We've had our fair share of disappointments down the years as well, but when a football club gets under your skin you're stuck with it.

What I don't get, is after you've been supporting a ragass bunch of nomads for so long, the proud claim, in full public gaze " A new purpose built stadium about to be announced"

Mind you, it was that whopper Henbury Gas so I suppose I shouldn't be overly surprised.

2 hours ago, Cider red said:

I always like a good derby. Did somebody say 3 years after a promotion into the Championship your ground has to be all seater? Is that a rolling rule because I thought that was something that ran out a few years back. Be a real shame to see the celebrations of all the Rovers fans being dashed by the awful news they cannot go up. Actually based on that outcome I meant to say 'it would be wonderful to witness those celebrations'. But knowing Wael he would have a cunning plan to ground share with Forest Green.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I always like a good derby. Did somebody say 3 years after a promotion into the Championship your ground has to be all seater? Is that a rolling rule because I thought that was something that ran out a few years back. Be a real shame to see the celebrations of all the Rovers fans being dashed by the awful news they cannot go up. Actually based on that outcome I meant to say 'it would be wonderful to witness those celebrations'. But knowing Wael he would have a cunning plan to ground share with Forest Green.

They'd just go down the road to IKEA and buy some more of those folding plastic chairs to put under their 'easy ups'.

Henbury Gas , always a giggle.

So are Bristol Rovers football club about to enter a new Golden age of football greatness Interesting
We have a great manger I'll give him good , at that level.
We have a good set of footballers giving it everything for the badge. Can't comment
We have a development squad we can be proud about with some very exciting players. Again , can't comment
We have a good backroom team. Who knows, what have they actually done?
New owners who want the very best for the club. Even their fans are having doubts
New commercial dept desperately looking to bring more funding into the club with new and innovative ideas
A new Ground breaking shop in the near future. What is a 'ground breaking shop' when it's at home? Always in the future too.
New ticketing facilities to make it easier for distant gasheads. Does this mean , makes it harder to rip the club off??
We have a new training ground about to be built with excellent facilities to attract the right type of player to the club About to be built ? Again ?
A new purpose built stadium about to be announced Did I miss something? The Post would have had a 64 page pull out if it was that close surely 
A great set of supporters. :rofl2br::clapping:

All the bricks are now in place to build a championship club , Canvass , surely 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Question about their development squad (Well, development sides in general).

If a Cat A academy wants to take a player from a Cat B academy the compensation level is pre fixed (I believe) - but what about development sides with no academy status?

On 11/02/2018 at 22:55, Bar BS3 said:

The world does all feel a bit surreal today. Have I missed something, or have Rovers actually gone a full week without utterly embarrassing themselves, having some form of illegal behaviour associated to them, or making some hilarious announcement about ambitious plans to re-stock the toilet rolls in the portaloos over the summer..!

I told you to give it time.........and today is that day 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

So does it just kick in if they are promoted? I mean, if they hit Championship level they then have to have an all seater stadium within 3 years, even if they were to be relegated straight back to where they came from?

Edited by Port Said Red

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

Haha...... look further down, he thinks Wael can borrow money/ get investment from his "Facebook friends". What a ******* tool. :) 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Question about their development squad (Well, development sides in general).

If a Cat A academy wants to take a player from a Cat B academy the compensation level is pre fixed (I believe) - but what about development sides with no academy status?

I've not been able to find anything about it at all....however it appears as though they have a level 3 academy, so I wonder if that is what all development teams became perhaps when Academies were first introduced and applications were required to promote to higher academy status.  Their ultimate aim is to be a cat 2 academy....you know.... the level we're aiming to leave trailing behind us!

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So does it just kick in if they are promoted? I mean, if they hit Championship level they then have to have an all seater stadium within 3 years, even if they were to be relegated straight back to where they came from?

Not quite. I understand that you have three years from promotion - assuming you stay in the Championship. However! If you get relegated and then promoted again they time you previously spent in that division goes against you.

So, promoted - 3 years to comply.

Relegated after your second season.

Promoted again - 1 year to comply.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Because they are proper fans who have followed their club all their lives? I’m assuming you can’t have supported City for very long then? We haven’t exactly set the world alight over the past half a century - just one division title in the last 60 years....nothing else of note...not everyone hotfoots it up to Old Trafford to support a big club when their local club wins basically nothing...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

You've gotta love them...

http://gaschat.co.uk/post/368999/thread

We're Rovers supporters, we're faithful and true, we always follow, the boys in blue AND WHITE.

Rovers truly are sleeping giants. One of the biggest Cities in England, 46,000 fans at Wembley, massive catchment area due to lack of Premier League clubs within 50 miles, envied away following.

UTFG! No better club around.

how long before this is on OTIB :laugh:

They won't bother publishing this on OTIB as it is the truth. They have been preparing themselves for Rovers relegation, but now Rovers might actually have a chance of reaching the playoffs whilst their utterly pointless cup run has well and truly buggered up their own hopes of promotion. Their recent form is awful. They are beginning to realise that they ain't going up and that Bristol Sport Franchise doesn't care if they go up or not. It's all gone very quiet over there....

:clapping:

• Haha 7

44 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Mind the Gap

I think Skusey is over-egging it a bit there. If he went to watch as a kid, let’s say from the age of 10, we played Rovers 5 out of 6 years when Skuse would’ve been aged 10-16. 

If anything, the late 80’s and through the 90’s (ie through Skuse’s childhood) was when the rivalry was at its closest. 

Edited by Harry