IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Cracking song, cracking band - Don't get me started!

Just looked up from my spread sheet because I had to get away from the numbers. I realised it was only Monday and lunchtime so I popped down the road to see the man in the corner shop to buy my lunch. Looking at the newspaper while I was waiting in the queue I saw a story about that explosion in Leicester and I wondered what set the house ablaze? I had to get back to work because I need to make a start on another spreadsheet. For some people that's entertainment but for me it seems like I'm running on the spot. Anyway, it's best not too get to precious about it and just on with things. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Just looked up from my spread sheet because I had to get away from the numbers. I realised it was only Monday and lunchtime so I popped down the road to see the man in the corner shop to buy my lunch. Looking at the newspaper while I was waiting in the queue I saw a story about that explosion in Leicester and I wondered what set the house ablaze? I had to get back to work because I need to make a start on another spreadsheet. For some people that's entertainment but for me it seems like I'm running on the spot. Anyway, it's best not too get to precious about it and just on with things. 

That'll go down a bomb in Wardour street so make sure you're in the crowd, you wouldn't want to appear a Billy Hunt after all. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

It's a good start, but pretty clear you're an absolute beginner. 

******* gold that mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That'll go down a bomb in Wardour street so make sure you're in the crowd, you wouldn't want to appear a Billy Hunt after all. 

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's a good start, but pretty clear you're an absolute beginner. 

******* gold that mate.

This was outside after Weller’s gig in London over the weekend...

5FB0A8E3-5B12-4843-877A-0C6069929690.jpeg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'll be going as well, gonna be the first time I see him. Buzzing already mind!

I saw Weller in 97 about the time Heavy Soul was released and I'm sorry to say he was absolutely shite. One of my biggest disappointments as I'd been trying to see him live for years. I reckon if it had been a few years before or a few years after it would have been great but he wad touring a poor album which he insisted on playing most of even though it had been out less than a week and virtually no one had a clue what he was playing. 

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Same here. 

Saw Noel Gallagher with Oasis at Wembley, but this will be the first time seeing his HFB group. 

Not enormously keen on the really new stuff but looking forward to it in the vein hope he plays something off Definitely Maybe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve seen Weller ‘live’ 49 times...no 50 will be on The Downs this Sept...

I only saw Weller live once.  It was at the Gate during his Millwall days before he moved to Leicester.  Powerful right foot shot if I remember rightly.  Must be a good age now, shame if he's dropped down to Downs League level.  Give up when you're on top as they say.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Duh, duh, duh, duh,  BUT UNFORTUNATELY, ......... the shaker lid didn't fly off!

(I was watching with baited breath and fingers crossed waiting for that to happen) 

One day he's gonna have such a great wedding reception when his Best Man (unfortunately won't be Bodin :) ) unearths this little blast from the past and plays it to the room!  ..... (surefire wedding night passion killer, that is if the bride hasn't already buggered off back to her parents by then.. cringe!! )

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Duh, duh, duh, duh,  BUT UNFORTUNATELY, ......... the shaker lid didn't fly off!

(I was watching with baited breath and fingers crossed waiting for that to happen) 

One day he's gonna have such a great wedding reception when his Best Man (unfortunately won't be Bodin :) ) unearths this little blast from the past and plays it to the room!  ..... (surefire wedding night passion killer, that is if the bride hasn't already buggered off back to her parents by then.. cringe!! )

Wedding!! You are assuming this gimp will one day meet a woman? Not happening.