IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

That was my handiwork from a while ago! ...where did you find that?

Google.

Was hoping to find a picture of the scoreboard showing 0-2 to Bath City, but stopped looking when I came across your little masterpiece!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just seen this gem on gaschat!!  

75k if needed, just to clarify that’s basically Old Trafford!  Amazing

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11894/consulted-on-stadium?page=2

If the ambition is to compete at the top of the championship and beyond then a new stadium elsewhere will be needed.
A 20,000 stadium with the space to allow it to become 75,000 in the future as needed.

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

That open-sided wooden shelter for the disabled warrants a mention. Surpasses Santa’s Grotto as a statement of intent.

Surely a nominee for a British Arhitecture award. 

Cant wait to see what ‘improvements’ are scheduled for this summer. The Cabbage Patch can only be second to the Nou Camp as a ‘must see’ ground.

The Nou Camp is must see,the cabbage patch is Musty.

6 hours ago, glynriley said:

Think someone said that young Jake had deleted it from his youtube page. Hardly surprising mind, who'd want permanent proof that your old man is a pissed up ***t floating around the internet.

Yeah, nothing on his YouTube channel. 

Thought someone might have downloaded it for future generations to wet themselves over.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If the ambition is to compete at the top of the championship and beyond then a new stadium elsewhere will be needed.
A 20,000 stadium with the space to allow it to become 75,000 in the future as needed.

20,000..! Ha ha ha! :clapping:

So the crux of this is that because we've done it, it's automatically assumed that they can do it?

Erm, we've got 3 times the number of attending fans plus we had the funds to develop our stadium after having issues with a new stadium build which was capable of holding World cup matches.

I can think of 14,000 reasons why they can't do what we've done then another 80 Million reasons why they can't in addition.

It would be nice if the deluded souls actually worked out where the multitude of £Millions is going to come from to fund all their pipe dreams?

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It’s worth remembering that Rovers haven’t had an average attendance over 10k for 40 years.

Yeah, I sure they’ll need that 75k stadium...

:laughcont:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

image.jpeg.0eedfd2e8d6aa8f6779b1b1a3fc4aecc.jpegimage.jpeg.ba632c1370c4b777e96e376177768bc3.jpegImage result for land

How timely to see the cuckoo on these pages! The first this spring.

The common cuckoo is a crafty parasite, laying it's eggs in another bird's nest, then the hatched little pirate eases the host bird's team out of the nest, and before you know it, it's running around everywhere calling "we want another nest!" 

The cuckoo is a lying, sneaky little ****er and is traditionally associated with cocks. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I find it hilarious how some of them (including serial bullshitter - HenburyGas) still believe that the funding is there for the new stadium. :blink: 

All because Wally said so. Such a lovely bloke.

22 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I find it hilarious how some of them (including serial bullshitter - HenburyGas) still believe that the funding is there for the new stadium. :blink: 

Well, he wouldn`t have told them it was if it wasn`t. A lovely bloke like that wouldn`t tell fibs, he`s too nice for that. There`s not a bone in his body that`s not lovely.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, he wouldn`t have told them it was if it wasn`t. A lovely bloke like that wouldn`t tell fibs, he`s too nice for that. There`s not a bone in his body that`s not lovely.

Especially the bone that sorts the dogs out.....:laughcont::laughcont:i

Edited by KevP

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Yeah, nothing on his YouTube channel. 

Thought someone might have downloaded it for future generations to wet themselves over.

I've got it. I've got pretty much every gift they have given, including the Soccer Saturday highlights with Jeff saying those immortal words "and it is ALL OVER for Bristol Rovers". Beautiful.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

OMG. Just the way he talks about things taking time is sooooooo lovely. He is such a lovely lovely man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Pretty sure @Bar BS3 was quoting Jeff’s words from when the Pikey’s got sacked off to Non League.

I was actually quoting @Cheesleysmate, who said (in reference to the Rovers video:

'I've got it. I've got pretty much every gift they have given, including the Soccer Saturday highlights with Jeff saying those immortal words "and it is ALL OVER for Bristol Rovers". Beautiful.'

I remember seeing it at the time and feeling so embarrassed for the young lad, trying to share his exhuberance at their forthcoming millions, but being 'outshone' by his father.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was actually quoting @Cheesleysmate, who said (in reference to the Rovers video:

'I've got it. I've got pretty much every gift they have given, including the Soccer Saturday highlights with Jeff saying those immortal words "and it is ALL OVER for Bristol Rovers". Beautiful.'

I remember seeing it at the time and feeling so embarrassed for the young lad, trying to share his exhuberance at their forthcoming millions, but being 'outshone' by his father.

Sorry my bad haha!

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I've got it. I've got pretty much every gift they have given, including the Soccer Saturday highlights with Jeff saying those immortal words "and it is ALL OVER for Bristol Rovers". Beautiful.

OMG. Just the way he talks about things taking time is sooooooo lovely. He is such a lovely lovely man.

Can you share it?

I can give you my email address if that helps?