Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

10 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Now they're out of the cup, they can concentrate on;

a) the league

b) trying to be the best they can, or

c) minding the gap

#ticktock

And the new superstadium. 

WOOT - 500 PAGES.

Edited by Aizoon

I accept that there is a different formula for sharing gate receipts in Cup matches but for League matches, these days, the home team keeps all of the attendance revenue. Having good away attendances for League matches thus adds not a jot to their team's finances.

If the 15'ers don't do something to address their piss poor home attendances, to at least reach break-even, then those ever so "loyal and true" supporters won't have a team to watch away from home before too much longer ... well, until a phoenix rises from the ashes in a park somewhere.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

In on the 500th page.. #obsessed #thegift #mindthegap 

Ironic really as that is nearly a page for every game they've not played us in league football.

I say almost (+ 200 odd) :whistle: #ComingForUs

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I accept that there is a different formula for sharing gate receipts in Cup matches but for League matches, these days, the home team keeps all of the attendance revenue. Having good away attendances for League matches thus adds not a jot to their team's finances.

If the 15'ers don't do something to address their piss poor home attendances, to at least reach break-even, then those ever so "loyal and true" supporters won't have a team to watch away from home before too much longer ... well, until a phoenix rises from the ashes in a park somewhere.

Sadly for them, I believe break even is beyond them, a full Mem won't cover the running costs so they will be trading at a loss.

Still, work is about to start on their new stadium soon......

• Like 2

The best way to answer a Sag obsessed with their away attendances in comparison to "The Shit".........Welcome To Bristol

IMG_3319.PNG

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

Horace gives his full permission for Gas-mocking, if there were any doubts. He also believes in biting their ankles, but I don't go that far myself.

You must be Running a tab at the vets for all the tetanus shots he needs.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sadly for them, I believe break even is beyond them, a full Mem won't cover the running costs so they will be trading at a loss.

Still, work is about to start on their new stadium soon......

no i don't think it is, they average 8k at a push? break even was 10k, but they've released alot of high earners or sold them and replaced them with youth team rejects and non league players on a lot lower wages,

the dog fiddler is doing a fantastic job with the tools he has, once he gets fed up then they will be well and truely ****** again and will tumble back down the leagues

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The best way to answer a Sag obsessed with their away attendances in comparison to "The Shit".........

IMG_3319.PNG

Almost a shame we didn't win 1-0 last night, then, like Rovers we too would be having 'mythical' Taylor money burning a hole in our collective shellsuits.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Almost a shame we didn't win 1-0 last night, then, like Rovers we too would be having 'mythical' Taylor money burning a hole in our collective shellsuits.

Attendances is all they have got left to cling on to. My god they are so dead and buried it's unreal. All their loyal supporters who only ever bother to turnout when they play anyone any good must have felt the agony knowing that The Snake was putting in a man of the match performance in a red shirt. We know that they are the gift that keeps on giving, but the gift of Taylor for just a mere £300k was an exceptionally kind donation from the ragbag squatters. Tick tock.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

just wanted to be on the 500th page. my day is complete. 

I'll have some of that,oh! and I think the gas are ****,

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the dog fiddler is doing a fantastic job with the tools he has, once he gets fed up then they will be well and truely ****** again and will tumble back down the leagues

Is Dopey really doing that great a job, or is that a bit of a myth..?

Granted, they scraped out of non league, then instant leapfrog of L2, just, was a good recovery. 

However, they sit 3 Pts above the relegation zone, in a piss poor League 1. They regularly get hammered and their discipline appears to be going down the pan, faster than my morning clearout..!

Last season they did ok. This season COULD turn into a bit of a struggle, if they aren't careful. 

Maybe Matty Taylor's goals really were worth £10million to them! 

Edited by Bar BS3

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Granted, they scraped out of non league, then instant leapfrog of L2, just, was a good recovery. 

However, they sit 3 Pts above the relegation zone, in a piss poor League 1. They regularly get hammered and their discipline appears to be going down the pan, faster than my morning clearout..!

Last season they did ok. This season COULD turn into a bit of a struggle, if they aren't careful. 

If Taylor's goals were worth 10mil, then maybe, at the end of the season and we have got promoted (and won the cup), we could offer him back to Rovers 

Ask SL nicely if he would write a cheque for a million quid, give them Taylor back and then take the Mem off them.

We seem to have too much going on at the Gate to stage car boot sales, which appears to be the Mems 'golden ticket'.

24 minutes ago, SimonR said:

You must be Running a tab at the vets for all the tetanus shots he needs.

True, but it's well worth it to see them hobbling down the Gloucester Road ;)

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

as much as he is a grade A bellend he really is doing a good job, there's not many with the limited resources that he's had would of got them to top 10 league one,

I think they'll go back own this season, as the undisclosed contract for Bodin reeks of similar to Taylor (Ie 6 months) and he will be gone in Jan, 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

as much as he is a grade A bellend he really is doing a good job, there's not many with the limited resources that he's had would of got them to top 10 league one,

I think they'll go back own this season, as the undisclosed contract for Bodin reeks of similar to Taylor (Ie 6 months) and he will be gone in Jan, 

But do we really need Bodin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, redcityman said:

And that is funny!

You do realise that spastic is a term so often used (incorrectly) in the past to put down/belittle someone who is disabled or of limited cognitive ability, spastic is relative to muscle, nothing to do with mental ability, then again I wouldn't expect you to know that afterall this isn't the first time you have used a term that is insulting to those less able as a put down to gas heads!

Literally thought that was what it said, which I found funny! No I didn't know that though, quite interesting now you mention it.

500 PAGES! Congratulations everyone, I'd like to thank those north of the river for providing such amusement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

But do we really need Bodin?

Welcome back Aizoon! I've not seen you on OTIB for ages, brief hiatus?

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The best way to answer a Sag obsessed with their away attendances in comparison to "The Shit".........Welcome To Bristol

IMG_3319.PNG

Doesn't Matty look just fooking great in RED :laugh:

• Like 1

I did a back of a fag packet calculation the other day based on our commercial revenue.

If we say the sags have an average home gate of 8000 a match and we say they have an average ticket price of £25 per head, according to a figure posted on OTIB recently we are making 2.5 million a year from commercial use of the stadium (meetings, conferences, exhibitions etc), all this means that the sags would need the revenue from 12.5 of their home games just to equal what we make from the commercial use of our stadium. That's half a season. 

Their new commercial manager is going to have to be bloody good to close that gap.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I did a back of a fag packet calculation the other day based on our commercial revenue.

If we say the sags have an average home gate of 8000 a match and we say they have an average ticket price of £25 per head, according to a figure posted on OTIB recently we are making 2.5 million a year from commercial use of the stadium (meetings, conferences, exhibitions etc), all this means that the sags would need the revenue from 12.5 of their home games just to equal what we make from our the commercial use of our stadium. That's half a season. 

Their new commercial manager is going to have to be bloody good to close that gap.

2.5 million! That's six and 3 quarter Tilsons!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

no i don't think it is, they average 8k at a push? break even was 10k, but they've released alot of high earners or sold them and replaced them with youth team rejects and non league players on a lot lower wages,

When the Al Qadis took over and promised them UWE, Hamer said breakeven was 15k, which is why they couldn't stay at the Mem as they'd die.

Of course then UWE fell through at they're staying at the Mem, so wish they'd get on with ending...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

The gift 

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 09.16.45.png

So blatant racism results in a warning but the heinous crime of supporting a rival team (virtually any other forum allows guest supporters) is an instant ban?

Speaks volumes about them, none of it good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10743/sigh-another-reminder 

They really do have a racism problem don't they

gashead1981 Avatargashead1981

Posting Level

Next Level in 118 posts

Post by gashead1981 on 3 hours ago

There have been some complaints via the admin system that I wrote an ageist post (fair enough, I can see why and point taken). However, this is a copy and paste from page 1 of the link above which 2 posters individually wrote, which prompted me to write the thread I have. It was not my intention to target a particular age group.

"The way I see things, is that I am actualy too old for all this PC nonsense to affect me. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks, so my defense is that I am the way I am, because that's the way I grew up."

"Exactly how I see it I'm 60 in 2 weeks and I ain't changing the way I think and speak for anyone (although I have to keep my opinions to myself on here cud every time in the past I have written what I think it has been removed and I do not want to get banned from the forum)"

It was written as a warning that era of upbringing has no bearing on whether it is acceptable to use of any form of slang relating to race or ethnicity.

I hope it clears the matter up and if anyone would like to discuss anything further then I would welcome a PM.

Thanks

Steve

17 minutes ago, Red34 said:

When the Al Qadis took over and promised them UWE, Hamer said breakeven was 15k, which is why they couldn't stay at the Mem as they'd die.

Of course then UWE fell through at they're staying at the Mem, so wish they'd get on with ending...

happy endings, nudge nudge wink wink!!

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

..and the reply :facepalm:

FFS Redkapp?, they would have to suspend all of their Memorial upgrades immediately, no more carpets cleaned, no more new curtains, no more damp proofing of tents, no more kerbs being lowered and most importantly where would that leave Santa's grotto?.

How else would 'Arry be able to recruit the normal army of players?.

On the bright side I suspect Dopey would be happy with 'Arry's dog becoming the gas's new tax consultant.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

..and the reply :facepalm:

Blatantly Football Man is a hard-core Glue sniffer.

Edited by Vincent Vega

38 minutes ago, Red34 said:

so break even was Tilson's right foot?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:
gashead1981 Avatargashead1981

Posting Level

Next Level in 118 posts

Post by gashead1981 on 3 hours ago

There have been some complaints via the admin system that I wrote an ageist post (fair enough, I can see why and point taken). However, this is a copy and paste from page 1 of the link above which 2 posters individually wrote, which prompted me to write the thread I have. It was not my intention to target a particular age group.

"The way I see things, is that I am actualy too old for all this PC nonsense to affect me. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks, so my defense is that I am the way I am, because that's the way I grew up."

"Exactly how I see it I'm 60 in 2 weeks and I ain't changing the way I think and speak for anyone (although I have to keep my opinions to myself on here cud every time in the past I have written what I think it has been removed and I do not want to get banned from the forum)"

It was written as a warning that era of upbringing has no bearing on whether it is acceptable to use of any form of slang relating to race or ethnicity.

I hope it clears the matter up and if anyone would like to discuss anything further then I would welcome a PM.

Thanks

Steve

I don't see how age can be cited as a reason for racism. I will be 56 soon and I have learned what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as the years have gone by, to say something like "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", is tantamount to saying I am too lazy to moderate the way I speak or that I actually don't care whom I offend by using outmoded language. I have no doubt that it is beyond them to change the way they think, but I hope their moderators do their duty in censoring how they express themselves. 

It annoys me because I feel like all people of a certain age get lumped in with this stereotype, as someone who grew up with Rock Against Racism, bands of mixed ethnicity and supporting a team that contained black players, I have never looked on someones skin colour as being a defining reason for whether I like them or not. It's an attitude of mind not a question of language. 

Dammit, too early to get mythical 25k :) 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't see how age can be cited as a reason for racism. I will be 56 soon and I have learned what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as the years have gone by, to say something like "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", is tantamount to saying I am too lazy to moderate the way I speak or that I actually don't care whom I offend by using outmoded language. I have no doubt that it is beyond them to change the way they think, but I hope their moderators do their duty in censoring how they express themselves. 

It annoys me because I feel like all people of a certain age get lumped in with this stereotype, as someone who grew up with Rock Against Racism, bands of mixed ethnicity and supporting a team that contained black players, I have never looked on someones skin colour as being a defining reason for whether I like them or not. It's an attitude of mind not a question of language. 

Dammit, too early to get mythical 25k :) 

these are the fans who think horse punching boob cricket minibus headbutting is normal

• Thanks 2