Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What format did our protests take in the 80s and 90s? Certainly not saying you are incorrect but I was there in those decades and can’t remember ‘protests’ - if they were behind the scenes then I apologise.....

Outside the grandstand on quite a few occasions when pissed off with the board. Terry cooper being sacked being one of them . 

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Outside the grandstand on quite a few occasions when pissed off with the board. Terry cooper being sacked being one of them . 

I can definitely remember protests in the car park in front of the boardroom entrance, all organised without social media as well.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I can definitely remember protests in the car park in front of the boardroom entrance, all organised without social media as well.....

I'll drink to that. IIRC a well known city fan who used to play rugby for a well known team, once said on TV that he was one of the fans protesting. I think he went on to say that he might have thrown something at a window. 

Inquiry?

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I seem to remember plenty of protests last season, you will be claiming next that's what improved things on the pitch!

You really think loosing a few games last season is on a par with the state of your club..?! 

Have a word with yourself..!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The most shocking thing about the fewers is that they are so accepting of their 'rag' status they no longer challenge ANYTHING.

They just accept that they are a non entity and put up with it. There would be proper scenes South of the river if we were given so many false promises, lack of investment and generally treated they way they are.

But they seem to accept it. I really can't understand it. They don't seem to be remotely organised or speaking with a collective voice. They have strength of numbers (regardless of how we mock, they get good crowds), but they come at things from so many different angles they are viewed as a joke by a succession of owners.

They are largely responsible for the position they find themselves in.

Idiots.

Oh dear, oh dear..! You’ve made yourself look a bit silly there mate..!

You’ve clearly forgotten about their leaving shopping trolleys full of produce by the checkouts at Sainsbury’s! 

How hardcore can you get..!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh dear, oh dear..! You’ve made yourself look a bit silly there mate..!

You’ve clearly forgotten about their leaving shopping trolleys full of produce by the checkouts at Sainsbury’s! 

How hardcore can you get..!

Sorry Bar.

They make urban activists like Swampy seem like pretenders.

Who can forget the 'basics eggs' that were MOVED.

My bad.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Strange as it may seem to readers of his wife's recent and well-justified media appearances, back in the 1970s there were most certainly loud and quite violent protests against the late Harry Dolman OBE.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

You really think loosing a few games last season is on a par with the state of your club..?! 

Have a word with yourself..!!

Errr no, but that wasn't the context of the discussion. Have a word with yourself !

What does this term "fan base" mean. If D.C. means potential fans then I suppose they do have a "massive" one. If he is referring to those who can be bothered to turn up, it's pathetic for a city this size.

I guess when you look at who he has played for and managed in his career, it must seem huge to him in comparison.

9 hours ago, Packman said:

Isn’t it called New York, New York!! The nightclub that never sleeps which closes at 1 :clapping:

They definitely talk about going to Chasers for a night out with Finchy. I think it was Series 1

• Like 1

There is a lot of talk about the poor state of the Rovers’ pitch, but I think this is to their advantage. The mud and bumps prevent good teams playing football and bring them down to Rovers level. This may be a cunning plan 

• Like 1

To be honest I think we are spoilt by the quality of our pitch these days. I watched some bits of a couple of Belgian games on Freesports yesterday, which were both of a good level Genk V Anderlecht and Antwerp V Brugge and both of those pitches were very poor quality too.

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be honest I think we are spoilt by the quality of our pitch these days. I watched some bits of a couple of Belgian games on Freesports yesterday, which were both of a good level Genk V Anderlecht and Antwerp V Brugge and both of those pitches were very poor quality too.

But wasn’t that Antwerp pyro summat else! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

But wasn’t that Antwerp pyro summat else! 

Can't say I noticed, I was watching the football, but Club Brugge's come back in the last 4 minutes was impressive.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lita For Congo said:

Someone connected to the club caught with their hands in the till again. I’m sure more will be revealed on their end tomorrow..

You tease.

25 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

They have to have money first 

They stole Dopeys stash of Boneo's

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You tease.

I know I’m on thin ice with libel situations and wouldn’t want the forum in trouble. However, true to form, expect their fans to grass and it all be out in the open.