IGNORED

Best place to park in Brentford

Redmycolour

There's an estate near by (the tall flats that are actually listed, despite being an eyesore) called the Green Dragon estate, on Green Dragon Lane. I've parked there before. On Brentford high street there is a Morrison's next to that is the old police station on half acre, It is up for sale and has a car park to the front and side. I parked there last year with no issues. Tho not sure of the legalities!! Hope this helps :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

I know I've posted before but I ask Brentford about disabled parking but they could not assist me.best place to park folks.with or without blue badge. 

Temple meads the. Get the train......

its not the best for parking there if I recall,

i think it was 2001 the last I went to Brentford by car,

Been a few years since I have been but Brentford train station used to be free parking on a Saturday. Always used to drive to there for London games then get the train the rest of the way.

If I remember rightly the surrounding streets had some sort of parking permit scheme so go carefully if you choose to park on the street.

Am I the only one who still can't help automatically thinking of this .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he32H-lQo7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1aZ5ltvHo 

..... everytime I hear or see mention of Brentford ? 

( I still have nightmares of childhood 'lightning storms' in the bedroom courtesy of those bloody nail scagging  'brushed nylon' bedsheets, polyester pyjamas... and after taking off the crackling 'electrical storm generating' nylon school jumper (terrifying in the dark!)...  :shocking:  ....how the house didn't burn down I'll never know.. :laugh: )

Alan Freeman and bloody Brentford had a lot to answer for back in the '70s ... and it obviously still haunts me today! :) 

10 hours ago, ColeCiderRed said:

There's an estate near by (the tall flats that are actually listed, despite being an eyesore) called the Green Dragon estate, on Green Dragon Lane. I've parked there before. On Brentford high street there is a Morrison's next to that is the old police station on half acre, It is up for sale and has a car park to the front and side. I parked there last year with no issues. Tho not sure of the legalities!! Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Sounds similar to were we parked. Think there was a hotel premier inn or something. My mate has a disability. I went to the hotel and he said no problems parking there. About 5 minutes walk from ground. 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sounds similar to were we parked. Think there was a hotel premier inn or something. My mate has a disability. I went to the hotel and he said no problems parking there. About 5 minutes walk from ground. 

Good call.. There is a premier inn on the high street and a novotel on the A4 near the M4 flyover. I'm sure if you call either Redmycolour, prior to travelling, you could occupy their disabled space. Both are equal distance to Griffin park.

Archived