IGNORED

Josh Brownhill and Marlon Pack One Year Left

BCFC J

Brownhill's deal was also a two year one with the option of a further year.

I must admit I read that Post article on the link supplied and despaired. Apart from being written in the style of (and by what appeared to be) a twelve year old, full of factual errors (as above), the idea of people voting to say whether a player should get a further deal is simply childish.

Still, it does give the clickbait journalist who "wrote" it enough material for several more awful ones of this type.

One further point, there is an article under it by the same clown saying the sale of Ayling to Leeds could "go down in history as City's worst transfer deal ever".

I mean, ******* hell, Ayling has done well at Leeds but anyone with any grasp of City's history (so anyone who is not called Dan Newman, then) would probably say failing to put a sell on clause in the Andy Cole deal (as just one obvious example) was far worse..

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I must admit I read that Post article on the link supplied and despaired. Apart from being written in the style of (and by what appeared to be) a twelve year old, full of factual errors (as above), the idea of people voting to say whether a player should get a further deal is simply childish.

Still, it does give the clickbait journalist who "wrote" it enough material for several more awful ones of this type.

One further point, there is an article under it by the same clown saying the sale of Ayling to Leeds could "go down in history as City's worst transfer deal ever".

I mean, ******* hell, Ayling has done well at Leeds but anyone with any grasp of City's history (so anyone who is not called Dan Newman, then) would probably say failing to put a sell on clause in the Andy Cole deal (as just one obvious example) was far worse..

Or dare I say , selling Super Bob who Lumsden said wouldn't get enough goals in Lge 1 !!!

No Jimmy - He got them in the Prem !!!

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or dare I say , selling Super Bob who Lumsden said wouldn't get enough goals in Lge 1 !!!

No Jimmy - He got them in the Prem !!!

Hang on I'm getting confused. Didn't superbob get most of his goals in the second (Us/West Brom) and third tiers (us) of English football. From what I can see he probably had one season in the top flight with WBA and a couple (?) with Bolton. It doesn't look like he could have scored more than about 10% of his goals in the top flight.

Come on, put me right :).

PS Fantastic season for us in the old third division when we finished runners up - I can still visualise him getting clattered at home (against Crewe?), never the same for us again. Also remember Baggies fan channting 'thankyou very much for Bobby Taylor' at us on several occasions.

57 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Hang on I'm getting confused. Didn't superbob get most of his goals in the second (Us/West Brom) and third tiers (us) of English football. From what I can see he probably had one season in the top flight with WBA and a couple (?) with Bolton. It doesn't look like he could have scored more than about 10% of his goals in the top flight.

Come on, put me right :).

PS Fantastic season for us in the old third division when we finished runners up - I can still visualise him getting clattered at home (against Crewe?), never the same for us again. Also remember Baggies fan channting 'thankyou very much for Bobby Taylor' at us on several occasions.

You right Sleepy :thumbsup:

I should have said he showed he could score at all levels but yes the vast majority of his goals in Tiers 2 & 3 

My poor memory and misty eyed memories of Bob combining to mislead !!!!

Please leave me to my poor memory - don't spoil it !!!! - it's a good place ;)

3 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

These two have one year left on their deals, as well as Gary O'Neil, but he has no resale value.

Would be gutting if we lose those two for nothing, anyone remember if there was an optional year extension with any of their deals?

Assuming LJ remains as manager I suspect Pack and O'Neil will be keen to move on. Definitely if we're relegated. 

19 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Why's that mate?

I'd also be interested in the answer to this. If relegated I get it, and don't think it's just Pack and GON that'd want to move on.

However, notwithstanding LJs inconsistent team selection he has been effusive in his praise of GON and both he and Pack have been integral in the recent return to form and appear to be playing for the manager. Indeed, there have been a lot of players inexplicably on the 'out' this season but Marlon hasn't really been one.

So, is the suspicion that they want to go if we stay up and LJ is in charge based on any evidence or is it just another stick to beat the manager with?

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not selling Maynard for silly money (iirc think it was about £7m) and instead watched him lose form. Think in the end we did sell at a profit but no where near the £7m price bracket.

We did the right thing with Kodj.

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Selling SuperBob for £300,000 , on hindsight, wasn't great either but hindsight is a wonderful think ( looking back on it ) .

I believe Ayling was the right deal to do for the player and the club .He has many qualities but is also not as good technically as Sod'em   Matthews. Who was to know that the latter wouldn't turn up ? 

History , some you win , some you lose .

If Leeds go up Ayling will have very limited playing time . He's a sort of modern day Bradley Orr ( who whilst here got the nickname ' Sadly Poor ' ) 

Totally agree. Far too much hindsight used around our club but one thing you get with the Johnson family is massive turnover of players 

Think Gj saw 66 players in a few seasons come and go even though many were in loan. Lj is heading for a similar annual turnover so I guess with that quantity you will get a lot of good decisions and a lot that arent so great. Typical of our local 'rubbish Post' paper to try and be negative! Looks like we could have a team of ex- City players in the Championship right now but not all would get in LJ's best current team ( eg V Huddersfield) now

Let's hope these final 8 games will produce the performances and results to form the basis of an improved team for next season. Assuming this is in the Championship a lot of people posting on this forum and on local radio will need to question their state of hindsight and negativity; wont they?! And they know who they are.

Ps yes the Andy Cole one still looks like a shocker.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Let's hope these final 8 games will produce the performances and results to form the basis of an improved team for next season. Assuming this is in the Championship a lot of people posting on this forum and on local radio will need to question their state of hindsight and negativity; wont they?! And they know who they are.

I hope you are right and we are still in this league next season but there is a long road to travel before that becomes a certainty.

i don't think you can blame anyone for some negativity, it has been a dreadful season.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Not really Hampshire. Without turning this into a LJ thread (we've had enough already by some way) those of us that wanted him removed have seen ONE good performance WTGR. That does not make up for the utter garbage we have endured for the last 5 months, including the inept worst losing run ever by a City side.

Given our squad and the financial power given to LJ, survival is not really an acceptable target IMHO. Yes, it's the target now but we should have been a fair bit higher given the backing from the owner.

If we survive (I hope we do obviously), it still won't make LJ the man to lead the club as far as I'm concerned as this season has been very, very poor.

Back to talking about players and their contracts. 

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Not selling Maynard for silly money (iirc think it was about £7m) and instead watched him lose form. Think in the end we did sell at a profit but no where near the £7m price bracket.

We did the right thing with Kodj.

I'm pretty sure Maynard didn't want to go, so we couldn't sell him for £7mil anyway! 

15 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

These two have one year left on their deals, as well as Gary O'Neil, but he has no resale value.

Would be gutting if we lose those two for nothing, anyone remember if there was an optional year extension with any of their deals?

Pack yes, agree.  Brownhill has done nothing imho, happy for him to go in the summer.

Archived