IGNORED

Can we sell out the Brummie game?

reddogkev

£15 for an adult ticket, plus it could be a game where we have to win to guarantee safety (wouldn't be surprised if it goes to the wire.)

I would love it if we sold all 27k, how can we guarantee this?

If we can take 40,000 to Wembley, then should be no problem with a game of this scale.

Come on City fans, sell out the Gate, I want to see the ground packed to the rafters!!!!!

If there is nothing to play for (which I really hope as I want us to be safe before then) the gate will be 20,000. If we have something to play for then 27,000 (Brum will fill their end). If we both have something to play for then there will be fans locked out and it won't be pretty. Birmingham have some naughty characters following them.

12 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

If there is nothing to play for (which I really hope as I want us to be safe before then) the gate will be 20,000. If we have something to play for then 27,000 (Brum will fill their end). If we both have something to play for then there will be fans locked out and it won't be pretty. Birmingham have some naughty characters following them.

Good points, and you'd have to take being safe, but I can see the trap of 22nd still being within reach come the last game, for us and even Birmingham.

And yep, they might be a bit tasty on the day... but all adds to the fun!

16 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Zulus....thousands of 'em !

2 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is about time we had a decent row down AG. Bollx to the prawn sandwich brigade.

Think those days are long gone, I remember with a strange fondness being chased around the top end of Winterstoke Road by about 300 Millwall fans in the late 90's, and even though there was only about 9 of us in our group, even to this day I wonder if we should have turned and had a go!  Would I still be here today, God only knows.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Double the price! 

We don't want the negatives turning up and pointing out why they've stayed away! Just the committed who will get behind the team. 

(Note, I will leave 10 minutes early).

Don't worry Rob me old boy, if the negatives turn up en masse, I'll whip them into shape.

Back in the 80's, away days were always risky ref H+S, but the walk from the old St.Andrews ground back to the choo choo was well dodgy. Anyone on here remember a game when there was circa 300 of us on a route march back through the wastelands of Brum post match with the OB. You would not want to walk it on your own, Zulus were a top 6 firm in those days. Trouble in the ground during the game, several knife attacks post match. Trouble at AG with a Zulu jumping/pushed through a house lounge window by the park to escape a City mob. Crazy days.

42 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Good points, and you'd have to take being safe, but I can see the trap of 22nd still being within reach come the last game, for us and even Birmingham.

And yep, they might be a bit tasty on the day... but all adds to the fun!

I've been to 80 odd grounds and I'd put Birmingham just behind Millwall and the old Cardiff ground in terms of fear factor.

16 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I've been to 80 odd grounds and I'd put Birmingham just behind Millwall and the old Cardiff ground in terms of fear factor.

St Andrews and The New Den? Both proper tame. no bother whatsoever when I have been.

48 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't think so, the away end will probs be sold out...and they won't come in our patch, unless in ones and twos as interested observers !

Well @Cheesleysmate insisted in several posts in the 'Relegation, I won't allow that to happen' thread that he knows that Rovers fans are "turning up in their droves" in the away end for the home game vs Brum - even when it was pointed out to him that it was unlikely they would be able to get tickets in the away end as Blues will sell out their allocation....

29 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If it's a sell out traffic will be a nightmare with the Bristol 10k going on 

This.

From a personal perspective, have  season tickets. However, the missus is running the 10k and expect her to do about 70 minutes (starting in the c10.20 wave). If we have nothing to play for (hopefully as safe) will be watching her as opposed to city. If we need anything, she needs to run a new PB as I'm getting to the gate come what may. 

I can't think I'm the only one with conflicting 10k/bcfc commitments,  and the presence of both on the same day for both traffic and practical considerations means irrespective of price, a sellouts unlikely 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well @Cheesleysmate insisted in several posts in the 'Relegation, I won't allow that to happen' thread that he knows that Rovers fans are "turning up in their droves" in the away end for the home game vs Brum - even when it was pointed out to him that it was unlikely they would be able to get tickets in the away end as Blues will sell out their allocation....

Well, they've got form for thousands being locked out. I'd love it IF they did.....but you just know it's not going to happen :P

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Well, they've got form for thousands being locked out. I'd love it IF they did.....but you just know it's not going to happen :P

Of course it's not going to happen, they don't even turn up when we are playing them, let alone when we are playing another club who will sell out their allocation....yet at the slightest hint of trouble at their tented village, they insist the away end was full of pesky 'teds...

Archived