IGNORED

Can we sell out the Brummie game?

reddogkev

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

£15 for an adult ticket, plus it could be a game where we have to win to guarantee safety (wouldn't be surprised if it goes to the wire.)

I would love it if we sold all 27k, how can we guarantee this?

If we can take 40,000 to Wembley, then should be no problem with a game of this scale.

Come on City fans, sell out the Gate, I want to see the ground packed to the rafters!!!!!

Nope is the answer.  Even if we need to win to stay up we wouldn't sell out. 

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Nope is the answer.  Even if we need to win to stay up we wouldn't sell out. 

That is a big statement to make when you consider that we have averaged almost 19,000 this season despite a club record losing run and being in the bottom three on a number of occasions. Then allow for the fact that there will be 2,500 Birmingham fans. In reality you are talking 24,000 City fans for a game that is must win if we are to stay up, I think we'd sell out.

If we needed something, I would be disappointed to see less than 20K but can't see 27K. It's a nice thought but we ain't there yet.

Out of interest, what is the unsegregated capacity of the Gate? I've seen 27,000 but this site says it's 27,699 and even lists individual stand capacities. Which is it?

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/eng/ashton_gate

24 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

That is a big statement to make when you consider that we have averaged almost 19,000 this season despite a club record losing run and being in the bottom three on a number of occasions. Then allow for the fact that there will be 2,500 Birmingham fans. In reality you are talking 24,000 City fans for a game that is must win if we are to stay up, I think we'd sell out.

Not a big statement at all.  Our two glamour games against Villa and Newcastle both drew in less than 23,000 with them both taking up a full allocation. Leaving 19,000-ish city fans.  You now expect us to find another 4/5000 on top for one game?  Aint happening. 

Maybe you don't follow games and crowds closely? Villa and Newcastle were sold out but with much reduced capacity due to regulations around the new stand.

Of course we will sell out if there is anything on the result. Bristolians love an event and like any cup final, staying in this league is a major event. Hopefully it won't go that far and Lj has started another run, good this time! We have bogey teams to play even though on paper the run in is not that bad so we need to break the bogies and win in style against the Brummies- in front of the largest football crowd Brstol has seen for years.

44 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Not a big statement at all.  Our two glamour games against Villa and Newcastle both drew in less than 23,000 with them both taking up a full allocation. Leaving 19,000-ish city fans.  You now expect us to find another 4/5000 on top for one game?  Aint happening. 

We had 21,400 v Blackburn, which was one of our special offer/cheap ticket games. How many from Blackburn? It was in the hundreds, so more than 20k of us in the Gate for that one. Plus, the Villa and Newcastle games, the capacity was restricted as the Lansdown was barely finished. The Newcastle game was a sell-out, as I recall

• Admin
11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

£15 for an adult ticket, plus it could be a game where we have to win to guarantee safety (wouldn't be surprised if it goes to the wire.)

I would love it if we sold all 27k, how can we guarantee this?

If we can take 40,000 to Wembley, then should be no problem with a game of this scale.

Come on City fans, sell out the Gate, I want to see the ground packed to the rafters!!!!!

Going to Wembley for a one off final is a long way apart from the casual fan coming out of the woodwork for this fixture

11 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

If we have something to play for then 100% yes.

Based on what? 

These people didn't show up for Newcastle / Villa / Leeds etc, hardly going to be interested in Birmingham

11 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

If there is nothing to play for (which I really hope as I want us to be safe before then) the gate will be 20,000. If we have something to play for then 27,000 (Brum will fill their end). If we both have something to play for then there will be fans locked out and it won't be pretty.

Was there something in the air last night?

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

As will the g*sheads given they have no game! :fear:

Rovers never show up when they play us, so no danger of them turning up when they are not

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Going to Wembley for a one off final is a long way apart from the casual fan coming out of the woodwork for this fixture

Based on what? 

These people didn't show up for Newcastle / Villa / Leeds etc, hardly going to be interested in Birmingham

Was there something in the air last night?

Rovers never show up when they play us, so no danger of them turning up when they are not

What are you on about?

Newcastle and Villa both sold out, 21k and 22.5k respectively, days before both games.

As for Leeds, or even the other two, it's hardly a comparison is it? A one off league game against a decent sized club or a massive home game for us where we need points to survive.

It's pretty obvious why really isn't it.

• Admin
1 hour ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

What are you on about?

Newcastle and Villa both sold out, 21k and 22.5k respectively, days before both games.

As for Leeds, or even the other two, it's hardly a comparison is it? A one off league game against a decent sized club or a massive home game for us where we need points to survive.

It's pretty obvious why really isn't it.

Sold out - but NOT 27k was it?

Not a chance of it selling out - don't even envisage the top tier opening

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Surely there must be some semblance of a chance?  I just want to see a bumper crowd, I'd be happy if we could top 24,000.

Still, I had no idea of the Bristol 10k run, so accept this could have a big impact.

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

If we have something to play for it will sell out without doubt, jesus christ. We had the top tier open for Blackburn at home ffs, nearly 22k in that day as well.

• Admin

If we have something to play for it will sell out without doubt, jesus christ. We had the top tier open for Blackburn at home ffs, nearly 22k in that day as well.

The top tier was opened as fans were swapping their seats as we could bring 2 guests for £10- not as an overflow

Would love to know where all these extra supporters are suddenly going to come from?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The top tier was opened as fans were swapping their seats as we could bring 2 guests for £10- not as an overflow

Would love to know where all these extra supporters are suddenly going to come from?

So what, the tickets are £5 extra for the final game in case you haven't noticed.

Oh, and they're coming from a City which has a population of over 400,000 people, not including surrounding areas which if you include brings the metro population to over 1 million.

So what, the tickets are £5 extra for the final game in case you haven't noticed.

Oh, and they're coming from a City which has a population of over 400,000 people, not including surrounding areas which if you include brings the metro population to over 1 million.

Sadly, not all are interested in watching Bristol City.  Even with the reduced prices, I don't think we will sell out UNLESS we need to win to survive.  Let's hope we are safe by then

37 minutes ago, NorthBristolRed said:

Sadly, not all are interested in watching Bristol City.  Even with the reduced prices, I don't think we will sell out UNLESS we need to win to survive.  Let's hope we are safe by then

Nobody has disputed that, the argument is whether we can sell out if the game is a massive one for City and we need points to survive in the Championship. I for one believe we will. I am always amazed at the number of City supporters who underestimate our support. City have always been capable of huge crowds when the team has a vital match. 

I completely agree however that if there is nothing on the game and City are comfortably safe (please God) then the gate will be around the 20,000 mark.

1 hour ago, NorthBristolRed said:

That's what I said. If we need something to survive.

15 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Love to know where 27,000 would park :blink:

More to the point where 19k will Park most having had to avoid a shut City centre and surrounding areas due to the 10k being run.

Am I right in thinking the portway will be closed? Love to see how we're all meant to be there and parked by noon!

Utterly ridiculous 

6 hours ago, oldrosie said:

who cares about parking??  park up at Dundry or down in Yatton and walk!!

I'm a bow-legged chicken I'm a knock-kneed hen

I ain't been so happy since I don't know when

I walk with a widdle and I widdle when I walk

Doing the East-end...Boot walk!

Me

I hope there is nothing on the game, but even if we needed a point or 3 to stay up I still think we would need some really creative offers to fill the ground.
As it is,  and allowing for the fact the club seem slow at times to try things, I think they should offer tickets to schools to fill the top tier. Get them early etc, I was mad on football before I got near the Gate, but with all the other options now and wall to wall Premier League , it would be good to get the youngsters in with their mates  'cause that's how they will want to watch football further down the line. Give the top tier to kids, Brum sell out and then we may have a chance, otherwise no .

13 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If we need something out of the game, I hope they don't offer cheap tickets. 

Dampens an already poor atmosphere with the day trippers. 

Ay? So lets charge everyone 30 quid plus shall we to pay on the day and watch championship football. Sorry but flog as cheap as possible and get a big crowd in FFS. Of course there will be a few day trippers but **** me we aint Man United, the vast majority will be proper City just taking advantage of cheaper tickets.. lets not price our fanbase out all the time ay?

8 hours ago, bris red said:

Ay? So lets charge everyone 30 quid plus shall we to pay on the day and watch championship football. Sorry but flog as cheap as possible and get a big crowd in FFS. Of course there will be a few day trippers but **** me we aint Man United, the vast majority will be proper City just taking advantage of cheaper tickets.. lets not price our fanbase out all the time ay?

Indeed. And how on earth does a daytripper make the atmosphere worse than an empty seat?!

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I hope there is nothing on the game, but even if we needed a point or 3 to stay up I still think we would need some really creative offers to fill the ground.
As it is,  and allowing for the fact the club seem slow at times to try things, I think they should offer tickets to schools to fill the top tier. Get them early etc, I was mad on football before I got near the Gate, but with all the other options now and wall to wall Premier League , it would be good to get the youngsters in with their mates  'cause that's how they will want to watch football further down the line. Give the top tier to kids, Brum sell out and then we may have a chance, otherwise no .

I love the idea of giving kids free tickets, but not if it's a must win game. We'd need a hostile atmosphere and it's probably not the environment to introduce the young uns. 

I've taken my son to a schoolboy international in the past and a load of singing kids is not going to have anyone quaking in their boots!!!!! Heading for the bars more than likely. 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I love the idea of giving kids free tickets, but not if it's a must win game. We'd need a hostile atmosphere and it's probably not the environment to introduce the young uns. 

I've taken my son to a schoolboy international in the past and a load of singing kids is not going to have anyone quaking in their boots!!!!! Heading for the bars more than likely. 

As I said hope we're safe by then. To be honest I think it will be sorted by then but I get what you're saying. Used to love the Gate when it was at it's best. East end, Park end , Williams enclosure and Dolman giving away fans dogs abuse. 

On 24/03/2017 at 21:49, CotswoldRed said:

If we need something out of the game, I hope they don't offer cheap tickets. 

Dampens an already poor atmosphere with the day trippers. 

Does our small club really get 'day trippers' for a league game?! 

Obviously we get them for trips to Wembley etc but a game at Ashton Gate?

Not sure we can claim we get 'em and moan about 'em just yet. Proper Man U fans have every right to bemoan the day trippers effect, don't think we can....

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Does our small club really get 'day trippers' for a league game?! 

Obviously we get them for trips to Wembley etc but a game at Ashton Gate?

Not sure we can claim we get 'em and moan about 'em just yet. Proper Man U fans have every right to bemoan the day trippers effect, don't think we can....

£10 a ticket does bring quite a few along. I bring some. 

Archived