IGNORED

How far around the globe are we spread?

reddogkev

40 minutes ago, New2City said:

I visited England (from Alaska, USA) in October of 2013, knowing nothing of footy or City. I had a standing invite from a fb acquaintance (that I had never met in person until that time) to be taken to a game if I ever travelled over. So, I took him up on it. His only caveat was that he would take me to see the team he supported. The only game I was able to see was the JPT game against Wycombe. And, that's all it took to be hooked. I went home, got a Player subscription so I could listen every weekend. So, thank you @CityFarAndWidefor introducing me to the life of a City fan. 

I've been back 2 times since, February of 2015 (went to MK, saw Port Vale and Sheff Utd at home), and January of 2016 (Leeds away, Brum at home, and Charlton away). I've already booked my flight to return in August this year to see the first 2 games of the season. 

If I am losing my sanity supporting city, i am dragging someone down with me :)

5 minutes ago, New2City said:

That's OK :)

My dad was military; I was born in Wisconsin, and we moved to AK when I was 9. We transferred out when I was 14 to move to the east coast, then back again when I was 17, and I've been there ever since. 

N2C, you must be the furthest away from Ashton Gate.  I love the Bio you've penned to describe your beginnings as a City fan.  Fascinating details, exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to read when starting the thread.

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You have to win the award for most remote location unless we`ve got someone working at the British Antarctic Station.

Not me but my nephew was on a survey ship in the South Atlantic when we played Bradford to go up and insisted I texted him score updates.

Have visited there and the American and New Zealand ones at Ross Island. Currently in Perugia but will be back next week to witness the fight back.

40 minutes ago, New2City said:

My dad was military; I was born in Wisconsin, and we moved to AK when I was 9. We transferred out when I was 14 to move to the east coast, then back again when I was 17, and I've been there ever since. 

Mrs RO is from Wisconsin. 

Stanley near Chippewa to be more precise. Have in-laws all over up there...Chippewa Falls, Green Bay and Appleton. A weel known poster has rellies in Fish Creek Door County as well!

They even named a town after me (family)....They hold The World Muskee fishing championships there!

I'm also a Packers shareholder! (as well as City)

4 minutes ago, New2City said:

I was born in Waukesha, near Milwaukee. I still have family up near Eau Claire and Black River Falls 

Eau Clair I've been too a 100 times. I also have been known to drink Linies at the brewery In Chippewa! 

Get to Milwaukee a little bit and there is a City fan there too!

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is Arbroath where they have the football club next to the North Sea...beautiful part of the world well at least from the train journey I passed by on

Yes that's the one. On a winter's Saturday  it is known for one of the coldest  grounds in the UK.

Must be one of the only grounds in the UK where at half time the fans change ends ad well. :laugh:.  Well all 700 odd of them

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

As it's International Break Torture Time, seems apt to ask how far around the world are we spread?

Now, I'm based in the vast wilderness of Stockwood, near the fabled lands of the Coots, but who's the furthest from the Gate?  Is it our man Havana?

Do we have any fans on here based in New Zealand? Anyone in Hawaii?

If you are on the other side of the globe, do you ever mention supporting City in random conversation?

I used to live on Ashton to itself but had to move away..... to just off Reighly Rd!

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Lived in China for 4 years.. Am currently based in Italy. I know we've got a couple of fans in Tokyo.. Them and Havana must be the furthest unless there are any down under that use OTIB!?

I'm in New Zealand, a mere 12,000 miles away from Bristol

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just googled it and the five cities with a population over 100k that are furthest from Bristol are all in New Zealand so come on, we must have a Kiwi out there who still lives in the country.

Yup, i live near Wellington. I saw a chap in a gas shirt last weekend. Had a bit of banter, he was visiting his son. Was quite a weird experience..

2 minutes ago, munchkjn said:

Yup, i live near Wellington. I saw a chap in a gas shirt last weekend. Had a bit of banter, he was visiting his son. Was quite a weird experience..

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! Unless you are on the international space station it is not possible to live any further away from AG.

2 hours ago, New2City said:

Wow. Makes for a really interesting lifestyle. Coldest it gets here in Ontario is around -20C and everyone moans like crazy.. :whistle:  

There is a Fish and Chips / Bar/ Pub in Kincardine, Ontario called the Erie Belle. Great Fish and Chips + they have scarf's of footie clubs on their walls. I walked in this last summer to be confronted with a Gas Scarf. The landlord wouldn't allow me to take it down so I've ordered a City scarf to get put up next to it. They don't have a website but here is the link on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erie-Belle-Fish-Chips/128672877191596

Archived