IGNORED

How far around the globe are we spread?

reddogkev

I'm living in Tokyo now. Moved out here in August 2014....just in time to miss our first championship winning season in decades! 

Last season was my first season in 25+ years where I didn't get to any games live. This season I saw the opening day win, and will be back over Easter for the QPR and Blackburn games. I've never seen any fellow reds out and about in Tokyo but I live in hope...

As the name suggests, I'm in Sydney. I saw a guy in an old Puma City top at the beach about a month ago. I went up to chat, expecting to hear a Brizzle accent, but he was as Australian as they come. Only managed to have a few words before he was dragged off by his kids. About five minutes later, I realised it was Nicky Carle.

13 hours ago, stevep38 said:

Arbroath Scotland.  Moved up here when I was in the Royal  Marines and stayed. Try to get to as many games as I can. But mainly away games oop north. Preston  being my next one.

13 hours ago, BigTone said:

people live in Arbroath ?

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It's where the smokies come from. Somebody has live there to do the smoking

... sounds yet like another brave British ex-squaddie who has been done up like a kipper. 

11 hours ago, New2City said:

I visited England (from Alaska, USA) in October of 2013, knowing nothing of footy or City. I had a standing invite from a fb acquaintance (that I had never met in person until that time) to be taken to a game if I ever travelled over. So, I took him up on it. His only caveat was that he would take me to see the team he supported. The only game I was able to see was the JPT game against Wycombe. And, that's all it took to be hooked. I went home, got a Player subscription so I could listen every weekend. So, thank you @CityFarAndWidefor introducing me to the life of a City fan. 

I've been back 2 times since, February of 2015 (went to MK, saw Port Vale and Sheff Utd at home), and January of 2016 (Leeds away, Brum at home, and Charlton away). I've already booked my flight to return in August this year to see the first 2 games of the season. 

That boy has a lot to answer for!

3 juli 1970 I saw Holstein Kiel-Bristol City 0-2. Garland scored both. City was in Germany preseason and I was there with my parents, holidays. A couple of years ago we where 4 scandinavians visiting Gerry Gow. We meet him and his son. They where nice lads. Gerry told us that Holstein Kiel game was his first in the City shirt. About 45 years later we met again. He said he liked the time in City. He then played for Man City 82-86 also a great Club he said. Life takes its own wayes. That journey to Germany with my parents made me a City supporter. Since then City is my team. Coyr!!!

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

... sounds yet like another brave British ex-squaddie who has been done up like a kipper. 

Ex Bootneck if you please :laugh:. Home to the mighty 45 Commando Royal Marines. Work on the rigs now though. And yes there is a lot of smokie houses. Bit of useless  info there :laugh:.

15 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Fantastic anecdote, well done spotting that City tie.  City fans know no limits.

Wonder if we have any Russian-based fans?

Ummmm, his name suggests he is Russian based and would explain his non-appearance....Spudski!

Am I the only one in Eastern Europe?  Was brought up in Totterdown (Oxford Street), have lived in Montpelier, Bishopston, Brislington, Yate, West Wales, Cardiff, Torrevieja Spain and now Tallinn, Estonia.  Got around a bit, but settled now at the age of 71, anyone coming here to see the Old Town, World Heritage site, the best place for Cod and Chips is Clayhills Gastro Pub, they also have Weston's Vintage Cider 8.2% and you can get Thatchers in the CityAlco shops. Was planning to come over for a game this season, but it will be next now,  as I want to see the boys and of course the renovated AG.  I just hope it's not a League 1 game!

On 25/03/2017 at 21:29, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'll start the ball rolling with Southville.

Anyone beat that?

Grew up in Bristol area then moved to Oz in 1968. A long time sufferer of Citys yo yo antics but wouldnt trade it for anything, well...............

Screenshot_2017-03-26-21-45-01-1.png

23 hours ago, REDOXO said:

There was a City fan in London...Ontario...

He may well still be there. He was on the map that people have mentioned

Yes, still here in London Ontario. I do not remember putting myself on the map, but then again I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Would love to see the map again.

Think its fantastic, we have supporters all over the world. We are not famous, we are not a big Club, we dont win anythig but we are Bristol City FC. Remember when we where in leauge on and GJ said every supporter have to pray or whatever. We should play Rotherham. A City supporter was in a temple in Japan and showed the light. GJ showed it in the dressingroom and we won 3-1 I think. Divy also have something to do with it. Photo before the game, Divy in the middle, Waggy and Baldock along him. Baldock and Waggy our scored, we won, rest is history. Since Divy was in the dressingroom everything went well. Think a think that we can have in mind. Think we will make it this season.

17 hours ago, ontariored said:

There is also a pub here in Cambridge, Ontario called the Duke and Duchess that has a Bristol City scarf hanging up. I am still trying to find out who got it hung there. Another City fan in my own back garden... Wish I knew who it was!!! 

45 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

Yes, still here in London Ontario. I do not remember putting myself on the map, but then again I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Would love to see the map again.

More or less in back yards. 

But is the great scarf mystery solved?

1 hour ago, Im_over_ere said:

23 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

More or less in back yards. 

But is the great scarf mystery solved?

Yep. London is about one hour west. Scarf mystery still unsolved. Just heard the carf in my local pub was given by an ex gas player, a Darren Tilley who is now resident in Cambridge, Ontario. Why an ex-Gas wanted to give a City scarf, I don't know. Im_over_ere, how long have you lived in London, Ont? how long in Canada? I'm origially from Filton, Bristol and came over in August, 1982.

3 minutes ago, Northamptonshire Red said:

Northampton reporting in (it's actually quite a decent area once you spend more time here)-I did see a guy with a City scarf in the back of his car once, although I have a feeling it might just be him and I...

Some very underrated country around there. I did a fair bit of work for South Northants Council which covers Brackley & Towcester. Some of the villages I had to go to are absolutely gorgeous and a surprising amount of attractions to visit in the area - loved the canal museum at Stoke Bruerne

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Some very underrated country around there. I did a fair bit of work for South Northants Council which covers Brackley & Towcester. Some of the villages I had to go to are absolutely gorgeous and a surprising amount of attractions to visit in the area - loved the canal museum at Stoke Bruerne

Yes there are dozens of beautiful villages here with the honey-coloured stone, lots of gentle rolling countryside too. Northampton itself isn't too bad-quite a big town so a mixture of not great areas but very nice areas too. Lots of great pubs which is always a plus.

It's also a prime location, being within an hour away from London, Oxford and Cambridge is handy.

On 3/25/2017 at 12:38, stevep38 said:

Arbroath Scotland.  Moved up here when I was in the Royal  Marines and stayed. Try to get to as many games as I can. But mainly away games oop north. Preston  being my next one.

You beat me by a few miles north!  Rosyth, till my ships sails.

1 hour ago, DanielHill said:

You beat me by a few miles north!  Rosyth, till my ships sails.

Assuming you're in the navy, you could claim the title of the most travelled City supporter in one year. 

Been in Sydney, Australia for 19 years so can't beat Wellington but did live in Christchurch NZ for a bit. Originally a Bemmy Down boy that moved to Chew Valley. First remembered game was City v Hull in 73 when Cashley scored. Regular from 76 onwards until 93 then travelled the globe before coming back for a City stint in 95 until 98. City tragic through and through and everyone that knows me in Australia knows it! I've certainly helped put us on the map down under. I was at a Specials gig the other night and a Gashead recognised me for giving him shit about 10 years ago! Off to Socceroos v UAE tomorrow night so hoping Bailey Wright is still in the team.

Archived