IGNORED

How far around the globe are we spread?

reddogkev

Left Bristol in 1989.... Travelled a bit but last 4 years in Port Douglas, Far North Queensland... And it's true what they say.. 'you can take the boy out of Bristol, but you can't take Bristol out of the boy'. (Wish I was still a boy :facepalm:)

COYR's..

I live in Victoria, British Columbia. It's a city on an island roughly the size of England. Vancouver, Seattle all very accessible. Direct ferries 2 hours.  It's a government and tourism town. Really nice part of the world. Weather like south of France. No snow usually with exception of this winter. Not very Canadian at all. 

I am the only City fan as far as I know. 

Lots of expats here though.  We can seriously pack a pub with 250 odd for big games. 

I miss the football terribly.  It can feel isolated at times but the Internet, VPN's and Steve Lansdowns login for the Football League network really helps!!

Stevo

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

I live in Victoria, British Columbia. It's a city on an island roughly the size of England. Vancouver, Seattle all very accessible. Direct ferries 2 hours.  It's a government and tourism town. Really nice part of the world. Weather like south of France. No snow usually with exception of this winter. Not very Canadian at all. 

I am the only City fan as far as I know. 

Lots of expats here though.  We can seriously pack a pub with 250 odd for big games. 

I miss the football terribly.  It can feel isolated at times but the Internet, VPN's and Steve Lansdowns login for the Football League network really helps!!

Stevo

Good job you knew a cable guy to help you out.

On 25/03/2017 at 22:01, Wanderingred said:

Lived in China for 4 years.. Am currently based in Italy. I know we've got a couple of fans in Tokyo.. Them and Havana must be the furthest unless there are any down under that use OTIB!?

6,755 miles so easily outdone by Munchkjn from NZ @ 12k ish.

On 26/03/2017 at 02:58, Robin in Qatar said:

Any Bristol City fans in Qatar?

Is it still a horrible dustbowl where a tank of petrol costs less than a UK pint?

On 26/03/2017 at 03:19, Coppello said:

I'm currently in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan if there's s prize for the weirdest place? 

I sent some cargo there once, via train. weird indeed.

On 26/03/2017 at 04:44, munchkjn said:

I'm in New Zealand, a mere 12,000 miles away from Bristol

The furthest city with a population over 100,000 to Bristol, on Planet Earth is Dunedin @ 11,935 miles. You must be in some smaller place? Wellington is 11,716 miles from Briz. Just saying like ! :P

On 26/03/2017 at 08:35, China Redz said:

I'm in The Philippines now on the island of Mindanao having spent the previous 5 years in Hangzhou, China. 

Nice. Hope you are in a safe place. With Phil Fogg, you, one other guy I lost touch with and myself we have the semblance of core support.

13 hours ago, leadman said:

BC interior

No wonder you such a freaky guy living in the bowls of Ashton Gate. :shutup:

8 hours ago, Grem said:

Been in Sydney, Australia for 19 years so can't beat Wellington but did live in Christchurch NZ for a bit. Originally a Bemmy Down boy that moved to Chew Valley. First remembered game was City v Hull in 73 when Cashley scored. Regular from 76 onwards until 93 then travelled the globe before coming back for a City stint in 95 until 98. City tragic through and through and everyone that knows me in Australia knows it! I've certainly helped put us on the map down under. I was at a Specials gig the other night and a Gashead recognised me for giving him shit about 10 years ago! Off to Socceroos v UAE tomorrow night so hoping Bailey Wright is still in the team.

Seems quite a few of us on here are Sydney based 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Aylesbury, Bucks.  Am sure there's at least one other Cidered round here (my unwilling kids don't count, sadly...)

Bucksred unfortunately passed away suddenly about 18 months ago. 

Great bloke sadly missed by the chat gang and many others!

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I hope you took a cardy.

..and wore a vest and a Balaclava ( a taupe colour with the bit around the mouth chewed so the wool went solid!)

Previously living just off Winterstoke Road, now residing in a city north west of Atlanta since 1999.  I certainly miss the live stuff so am really grateful to be able to watch the new Atlanta United MLS team.  30,000+ season tickets sold and have so far have played to sold out crowds.  But you can't beat the 'real' stuff though so am hoping to see City against Barnsley next month while on a short visit. 

13 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Previously living just off Winterstoke Road, now residing in a city north west of Atlanta since 1999.  I certainly miss the live stuff so am really grateful to be able to watch the new Atlanta United MLS team.  30,000+ season tickets sold and have so far have played to sold out crowds.  But you can't beat the 'real' stuff though so am hoping to see City against Barnsley next month while on a short visit. 

The missus has family in your area, Rome, Georgia I think. We are looking forward to going there in May.

I love this thread and am intrigued to the personal stories behind the far flung locations.

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I hope you took a cardy.

Due to the effects of global warming, I enjoyed my time on the ice in shorts & t-shirt most days!

20 hours ago, stevep38 said:

Ah you must be on the new carriers.are you living onboardyet or up at Caledonia. 

Yes & yes

20 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Assuming you're in the navy, you could claim the title of the most travelled City supporter in one year. 

Still in the RN and I have always wore my city shirt ashore when playing sport, much to bemused looks from the locals.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

The missus has family in your area, Rome, Georgia I think. We are looking forward to going there in May.

I love this thread and am intrigued to the personal stories behind the far flung locations.

Rome is just a short hop north west of me.  The weather will be great btw.

2 hours ago, DanielHill said:

Due to the effects of global warming, I enjoyed my time on the ice in shorts & t-shirt most days!

Yes & yes

Still in the RN and I have always wore my city shirt ashore when playing sport, much to bemused looks from the locals.

think I only knew of 2 other city fans in all my 22 years in the corps.  Like you I always wore my city shirt on my travels. Gave my last one away to a lad in Garmsir Helmand. So we have at least one fan in Afghanistan. 

5 hours ago, DCT10 said:

There are at least 5 City fans here in the Cayman Islands... which isn't bad out of about 50,000 people of which about 8,000 are English expatriates. That said, I don't think I know who "OneTeamInKeynsham" is though.

5? I could only offer 3, maybe 4, including myself.

Any City supporters in the Big Easy?

I moved to New Orleans about 2 years ago. They've just announced direct flights to Heathrow so had my ticket booked to fly over for this weekend's game against Brentford... Then US Immigration raised it's ugly head and had to cancel :( Haven't seen City since I left the UK 2 years ago :sad26:

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nothing overly intriguing with me, I'm afraid: born Stockwood > Keynsham when 4 > Manchester for university > London for work > Grand Cayman for work back in the 1990s.

Picked up a half-season season ticket in the play-off season for me and my niece, figuring if we went up, my chances of easily getting tickets, particularly away games, would be slim, and have held onto them since. Only get to a few games each year, but it is generally used in my absence. My niece and now my sister are both hooked in.

Archived