IGNORED

How far around the globe are we spread?

reddogkev

On 27/03/2017 at 13:53, havanatopia said:

6,755 miles so easily outdone by Munchkjn from NZ @ 12k ish.

Is it still a horrible dustbowl where a tank of petrol costs less than a UK pint?

I sent some cargo there once, via train. weird indeed.

The furthest city with a population over 100,000 to Bristol, on Planet Earth is Dunedin @ 11,935 miles. You must be in some smaller place? Wellington is 11,716 miles from Briz. Just saying like ! :P

Nice. Hope you are in a safe place. With Phil Fogg, you, one other guy I lost touch with and myself we have the semblance of core support.

No wonder you such a freaky guy living in the bowls of Ashton Gate. :shutup:

On 27/03/2017 at 13:53, havanatopia said:

6,755 miles so easily outdone by Munchkjn from NZ @ 12k ish.

Is it still a horrible dustbowl where a tank of petrol costs less than a UK pint?

I sent some cargo there once, via train. weird indeed.

The furthest city with a population over 100,000 to Bristol, on Planet Earth is Dunedin @ 11,935 miles. You must be in some smaller place? Wellington is 11,716 miles from Briz. Just saying like ! :P

Nice. Hope you are in a safe place. With Phil Fogg, you, one other guy I lost touch with and myself we have the semblance of core support.

No wonder you such a freaky guy living in the bowls of Ashton Gate. :shutup:

Grew up in Knowle moved to Filton then emigrated to Adelaide,South Australia.recently visited Dunedin NZ, very nice place,great little railway station, small version of Temple meads.Large university for a small town, 25,000 students and has the steepest street in the Southern Hemisphere, also has a cadburys chocolate factory.Will be back in Bristol late April to see the end of season,really hoping that we stay up.

35 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Got friends  in Gothenburg.  How did you get to follow city? Just wondered.

I was a 16 year old Liverpool fan sitting there with morning paper on the 20th of November 1977. A draw, at home, against Bristol City. Liverpool won everything. Not much fun. Bristol City caught my eye and since then I have not looked back. First City game was a pre season friendly in Sweden late July 1979. First visit to AG 1st of August 1980. First game at the gate Swindon (h) on the 5th of May 1984 Howard Pritchard scoring the decisive goal. Went there buy boat, 24 hours from Gothenburg, when I came home I had one white and one red eye. 

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I was a 16 year old Liverpool fan sitting there with morning paper on the 20th of November 1977. A draw, at home, against Bristol City. Liverpool won everything. Not much fun. Bristol City caught my eye and since then I have not looked back. First City game was a pre season friendly in Sweden late July 1979. First visit to AG 1st of August 1980. First game at the gate Swindon (h) on the 5th of May 1984 Howard Pritchard scoring the decisive goal. Went there buy boat, 24 hours from Gothenburg, when I came home I had one white and one red eye. 

Bristol City don't win very much, great fun!

So is it down to you that the other 18 in your photo became City fans?

As I sit here watching the snow fall from my window in Bowmanville, Ontario the far flung supporter I would most like to swap places with is One Team In Keynsham.

Arrived here in 2000 as my Canadian wife, whom I met in Sydney's red light district, convinced me it would be a better life. No regrets, except for going to the Gate, English chocolate, friends, family.  In that order.

On 3/29/2017 at 23:51, connaught road boy said:

Grew up in Knowle moved to Filton then emigrated to Adelaide,South Australia.recently visited Dunedin NZ, very nice place,great little railway station, small version of Temple meads.Large university for a small town, 25,000 students and has the steepest street in the Southern Hemisphere, also has a cadburys chocolate factory.Will be back in Bristol late April to see the end of season,really hoping that we stay up.

The cadburys factory in Dunedin has just been told it's to close by its overlords Kraft... they're moving production to Oz. Ring any bells???

On 3/27/2017 at 16:23, havanatopia said:

6,755 miles so easily outdone by Munchkjn .

You pedantic bugger :P

anyway ive got a rival now by the name stevesthename!

11 hours ago, munchkjn said:

Hey Steve, the question is which of us is further from Ashton gate?

Where abouts are you? I'm in Wellington.

I am planning a trip to a friend in Christchurch in July. He says the skiing is tremendous at that time of year. Have you been down that way?

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I am planning a trip to a friend in Christchurch in July. He says the skiing is tremendous at that time of year. Have you been down that way?

I've been to Christchurch a few times. It's very flat and still got a weird half life feeling since the earthquake. I haven't skiied in the south island yet but I'd love to. Queenstown and Wanaka are the popular places for that but there's some ski fields not far from chch. Will hopefully be snow boarding the volcano Ruapehu this winter, got my board waxed and ready and my fireproof undies! 

On 3/25/2017 at 11:34, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I live near Swadlincote, which is not so far, but off the scale in terms of non-evolution. I wonder if there is a local sag chapter?

Chellaston calling (number 2 bus from you). Spotted a Sag shirt in Spondon B&Q (when it was a B&Q). Was left speechless.

Also lived in Zurich(ish), Indianapolis, Singapore / Hong Kong & a coiple of other obscure places.

Originally from south east Kent, and moved to Bristol for a year on a university placement. Want to a Gloucs Senior cup game (us vs Gas) with the aim of following whoever looked the best team for the following year. That was >30 years ago...............

Live in Rosebud, Victoria, Australia (about an hour from Melbourne).

Family came here in mid the mid 70's - we went back to Whitchurch in early 80's for a period then back to Oz.

Me and the Old Man love the City.

Interestingly, I played football with Bailey Wrights Dad, Andy, for a few seasons many moons ago (Bailey is very much like his Dad, only better!). Great to see a lad from where I live go onto play for City.

5 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Chellaston calling (number 2 bus from you). Spotted a Sag shirt in Spondon B&Q (when it was a B&Q). Was left speechless.

Also lived in Zurich(ish), Indianapolis, Singapore / Hong Kong & a coiple of other obscure places.

Originally from south east Kent, and moved to Bristol for a year on a university placement. Want to a Gloucs Senior cup game (us vs Gas) with the aim of following whoever looked the best team for the following year. That was >30 years ago...............

Chellaston is quite a nice area, from what I have seen. My girlfriend lives in Wollaton, Nottingham, so often around the Derby/ Nottm area. Luckily seen no gas troglodytes!

19 minutes ago, USA_Reds said:

right across the road from Highlands in Hampton Lakes

I will be there again in first 2 weeks  of Oct. Usually  eat 1st night in Applebys.  Then up to the massive wallmart for food. The Publix by Applebys is to expensive  

On 4/1/2017 at 05:28, munchkjn said:

I've been to Christchurch a few times. It's very flat and still got a weird half life feeling since the earthquake. I haven't skiied in the south island yet but I'd love to. Queenstown and Wanaka are the popular places for that but there's some ski fields not far from chch. Will hopefully be snow boarding the volcano Ruapehu this winter, got my board waxed and ready and my fireproof undies! 

Wow sounds fabulous.. For the scenery alone i want to make this trip.

7 minutes ago, What the ???? said:

South West France , near enough on the border with Spain.

Arhhh skiing in the Pyrenees. Showed my Cuban black lab snow for the first time en route back from Havana a decade or more ago. A really memorable trip driving up through Spain and France. 

Archived