IGNORED

How far around the globe are we spread?

reddogkev

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I'm the equivalent of the other side of the world - Spalding in Lincolnshire!

I like Spalding, stayed near there for six months while I was working Peterborough way. I always thought they don`t make the most of the river though - it seemed hidden away behind the backs of loads of buildings.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hope you lot don't mind me speaking on your behalf...

@REDOXO is in the Windy City of Chicago, USA.

@New2City is in Alaska, USA.

@One Team In Keynsham is in the Cayman Islands. 

In fairness to the OTIB Mods, if, over the phone, I heard someone say "And finally, I want  my handle to be 'One Team in Cayman'", I think I might have misheard it, especially with a bit of crackle and hiss.

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

As it's International Break Torture Time, seems apt to ask how far around the world are we spread?

Now, I'm based in the vast wilderness of Stockwood, near the fabled lands of the Coots, but who's the furthest from the Gate?  Is it our man Havana?

Do we have any fans on here based in New Zealand? Anyone in Hawaii?

If you are on the other side of the globe, do you ever mention supporting City in random conversation?

I used to live in New Zealand in the late 80's. I was at work one day when my companies MD was giving another companies MD a tour of our warehouse.

As I was introduced to him I was stunned to see he was 'only' wearing a BCFC tie :yes:.  

I ended up having a 10 minute chat with him about all things City, not sure if my MD who was a down to earth Kiwi, really understood what was going on!!.

I played football alongside another City fan in Auckland on the weekends as well.

We do get around!

40 minutes ago, Chivs said:

In fairness to the OTIB Mods, if, over the phone, I heard someone say "And finally, I want  my handle to be 'One Team in Cayman'", I think I might have misheard it, especially with a bit of crackle and hiss.

Are you sure it was "hiss" 

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I used to live in New Zealand in the late 80's. I was at work one day when my companies MD was giving another companies MD a tour of our warehouse.

As I was introduced to him I was stunned to see he was 'only' wearing a BCFC tie :yes:.  

I ended up having a 10 minute chat with him about all things City, not sure if my MD who was a down to earth Kiwi, really understood what was going on!!.

I played football alongside another City fan in Auckland on the weekends as well.

We do get around!

Fantastic anecdote, well done spotting that City tie.  City fans know no limits.

Wonder if we have any Russian-based fans?

3 hours ago, extonsred said:

Haven't found any other supporters here in Yellowknife, North Western Territories of Canada. But then wearing so many clothes at -34 as it has been difficult to see a scarf or the shirt! 

I can't find Yellowknife on my trusty map of the world.  I'm going to have a look through some Google images.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just out of interest to those around the world, did you move there from Bristol hence supporting City, or does anyone have any decent stories of how they had the misfortune of ending up loving this club of ours?

I visited England (from Alaska, USA) in October of 2013, knowing nothing of footy or City. I had a standing invite from a fb acquaintance (that I had never met in person until that time) to be taken to a game if I ever travelled over. So, I took him up on it. His only caveat was that he would take me to see the team he supported. The only game I was able to see was the JPT game against Wycombe. And, that's all it took to be hooked. I went home, got a Player subscription so I could listen every weekend. So, thank you @CityFarAndWidefor introducing me to the life of a City fan. 

I've been back 2 times since, February of 2015 (went to MK, saw Port Vale and Sheff Utd at home), and January of 2016 (Leeds away, Brum at home, and Charlton away). I've already booked my flight to return in August this year to see the first 2 games of the season. 

14 minutes ago, New2City said:

I visited England (from Alaska, USA) in October of 2013, knowing nothing of footy or City. I had a standing invite from a fb acquaintance (that I had never met in person until that time) to be taken to a game if I ever travelled over. So, I took him up on it. His only caveat was that he would take me to see the team he supported. The only game I was able to see was the JPT game against Wycombe. And, that's all it took to be hooked. I went home, got a Player subscription so I could listen every weekend. So, thank you @CityFarAndWidefor introducing me to the life of a City fan. 

I've been back 2 times since, February of 2015 (went to MK, saw Port Vale and Sheff Utd at home), and January of 2016 (Leeds away, Brum at home, and Charlton away). I've already booked my flight to return in August this year to see the first 2 games of the season. 

Have you "purrfected" the "Bristle" accent yet me luvver

3 hours ago, extonsred said:

Haven't found any other supporters here in Yellowknife, North Western Territories of Canada. But then wearing so many clothes at -34 as it has been difficult to see a scarf or the shirt! 

8 minutes ago, New2City said:

You have to win the award for most remote location unless we`ve got someone working at the British Antarctic Station.

Not me but my nephew was on a survey ship in the South Atlantic when we played Bradford to go up and insisted I texted him score updates.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You have to win the award for most remote location unless we`ve got someone working at the British Antarctic Station.

Not me but my nephew was on a survey ship in the South Atlantic when we played Bradford to go up and insisted I texted him score updates.

Skyline of downtown Yellowknife

6 hours ago, stevep38 said:

Arbroath Scotland.  Moved up here when I was in the Royal  Marines and stayed. Try to get to as many games as I can. But mainly away games oop north. Preston  being my next one.

Is Arbroath where they have the football club next to the North Sea...beautiful part of the world well at least from the train journey I passed by on

37 minutes ago, New2City said:

Great stuff!

Surprised you are still on talking terms to be honest. If I were you I would never speak to this friend again!

Archived