IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Not having a go just a few of my thoughts really to offer a balance!

Clearly SL thinks Lee has talent and he knows him better than most of the fans, sees him work, discusses the club with him and hears what others think of him. I back his INFORMED judgement over some of the flaky beliefs that I have seen on this forum. Nothing wrong with friendship and mature people realising that it can take a while for young people to gain experience by making errors and trying different things - if you have a long career in any trade or profession, you will understand what I am saying. The plan handed down from the board was always going to be a "big ask" and the risk of bringing in so many new players in one big hit, was always likely to prove problematic.  Falling out with players who refuse to carry out a game plan, or who have some kind of personality issues (Matthews and Tomlin maybe ??  We ill never truly know) - is part and parcel of the game and similar things happen in many walks of life - not just football.

Expectations wer high - but we will likely end up in one of the higher league positions we have enjoyed over the last 20 years - I can recall much worse time than these - and I still renewed my season ticket.  I don't know much about the other clubs you mention - I am a City fan and concentrate on our club. I remain optimistic and, until SLs judgement shows us that a change is needed, I will go on supporting. I hated the football and kind of feeling in our club when Pulis was manager - shit, if we can survive that we can survive anything!  Do you remember the Osman days? Love Lee and get renewing -COYR!

9 hours ago, harrys said:

My god, I thought I'd heard enough of your nonsense after deciding to come off the political sub forum but now your on here all the time going out of your way to be argumentative and obnoxious, I don't need preaching from you of how to be a Bristol City fan and to be told that "my type" are disloyal

As a side note Harry, you give me gip for being a constant supporter of my team and for my country.  I think I would have been a better, and much more dependable companion in the trenches than someone like you.  Just saying!

12 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Harry, just suppose we won promotion to the Premier League next season - I guess you and your disloyal types would come flooding back and buy season tickets.  If the next season, we struggled and were facing a threat of potential relegation in March 2019, would you renew - or would you feel hard done by and insulted all over again?  Would that make you a fair weather fan?

Disloyal ? Get off your high horse ffs what gives you the right to call anyone disloyal. Because the bloke isn't happy with what's going on you call him disloyal . If you want to blindly follow the club no matter what then that's up to you , but to call somebody disloyal or fair weather fan is bang out of order. You come across as nothing but a troll with your holier than thou attitude . I'll await the " but I've supported for blah blah years " response . 

You sir are a clown  

True but not very fair to clowns!

15 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

To all you fans who renew good luck to you.  To those that don't - you have your reasons.

For me - i'll not go in a month of Sundays while LJ is in charge.  Not been since Burton and don't plan on going again.

With a bit of luck I'll have egg on my face, and next season I'll be sat at home every Saturday wishing I'd bought one as we march to the play offs.  But you know what, I don't see it happening.  So I'm comfortable with my choice.

Oh the irony of your user name

15 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

To all you fans who renew good luck to you.  To those that don't - you have your reasons.

For me - i'll not go in a month of Sundays while LJ is in charge.  Not been since Burton and don't plan on going again.

With a bit of luck I'll have egg on my face, and next season I'll be sat at home every Saturday wishing I'd bought one as we march to the play offs.  But you know what, I don't see it happening.  So I'm comfortable with my choice.

When will you be changing your username?

16 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I totally agree with you on all points, each to their own IMHO. Johnson still being in situ has had an effect on my decision, I will admit but it's our choice to renew or not.

Like you, I would dearly love to be proven wrong but I won't just renew out of habit /blind loyalty as I have not enjoyed LJ's first full season at all and would not attend regularly if it's the same garbage being served up.

To those that have renewed, fair play, I salute you but I would rather spend my Saturdays doing something I choose to do while listening to the games on the radio.

Just now, Monkeh said:

also you can still be a loyal supporter and not have a season ticket,

Apparently not. So some on here tell me.

I've been loyal to this club for 29 years.  If i have a change of heart because of the shambles i see on and off the pitch then that's my right.  The holier than thou super fans can ram it where the sun don't shine. Quite literally. 

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Apparently not. So some on here tell me.

I've been loyal to this club for 29 years.  If i have a change of heart because of the shambles i see on and off the pitch then that's my right.  The holier than thou super fans can ram it where the sun don't shine. Quite literally. 

I did the same when tinman was appointed, nothing wrong with it, if you are not enjoying it then why waste your money, you can join in the matchday thread with the rest of the armchair supporters,

It's no where near as bad as some posters have been making out, and will still get 12k season ticket holders imo, people will use that to knock the club as well,

I remember when we were proud to get 10k turn up for games, 

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I did the same when tinman was appointed, nothing wrong with it, if you are not enjoying it then why waste your money, you can join in the matchday thread with the rest of the armchair supporters,

It's no where near as bad as some posters have been making out, and will still get 12k season ticket holders imo, people will use that to knock the club as well,

I remember when we were proud to get 10k turn up for games, 

Yep. Good luck to those that renew and continue to turn up.  I just wont be one of them.

My kids will get my attention on Saturdays now.  City will have to win me back. 

• Admin
19 hours ago, Judda said:

Anyone not renewing my message is simple.

GOOD RIDDANCE. 

You are probably the whining nause sat behind me Anyway. 

Bye!

It's funny how in the past people have said things about Cardiff / Rovers etc, saying if that was City we'd do something about it

Well it's clear some supporters are now doing something about it!

Why is it "Good Riddance" just because they are not renewing a season ticket? Aren't people allowed a choice?

Each to their own if people don't want to renew. It's their lives . So we average what 18000 this season with 13000 odd st holders . In what has been a shit season. What average and st sales fo u think we could be looking at next season. If mid table 15000 average. 11000 st sold. Obviously going to be a difference . If we done well this season we could of averaged 20000 . This is on the basis of championship football 

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:50, Robbored said:

Just renewed mine for next season regardless of what division we're in. Cost me £401.

I support the club no matter who owns it or who is managing the team. I still renew even if Holloway was the manager......

CTID.

That's no surprise, seeing as you're one of those rarities that supports both Bristol teams

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Each to their own if people don't want to renew. It's their lives . So we average what 18000 this season with 13000 odd st holders . In what has been a shit season. What average and st sales fo u think we could be looking at next season. If mid table 15000 average. 11000 st sold. Obviously going to be a difference . If we done well this season we could of averaged 20000 . This is on the basis of championship football 

I'm sure someone on here will know the answer, so does the club have to announce how many SC's it sells?

If demand was poor, I would be surprised if they made that public, unless they had to of course.

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's funny how in the past people have said things about Cardiff / Rovers etc, saying if that was City we'd do something about it

Well it's clear some supporters are now doing something about it!

Why is it "Good Riddance" just because they are not renewing a season ticket? Aren't people allowed a choice?

Totally agree . I debated with myself if I was going to renew. My son made my mind up . And now I'm glad I did . But also if I stopped I think I wouldn't go at all . Couple of my diehard city mates don't go now and they went week in and out. 6 months ago I would never think I would feel this way . I can totally understand people's despondency. 

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I'm sure someone on here will know the answer, so does the club have to announce how many SC's it sells?

If demand was poor, I would be surprised if they made that public, unless they had to of course.

Good question. I know they released the figures not long before the season started. I think . But that was positive 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Totally agree . I debated with myself if I was going to renew. My son made my mind up . And now I'm glad I did . But also if I stopped I think I wouldn't go at all . Couple of my diehard city mates don't go now and they went week in and out. 6 months ago I would never think I would feel this way . I can totally understand people's despondency. 

Fnarr Fnarr.

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We will keep Championship football at Ashton Gate if the income justifies the huge expense of buying and paying the kind of stars that we would like to see recruited to the team.  Fewer tickets sold = less to spend = more threat of relegation next season.  Thanks to one and all who support the cause - it would not be possible without you! Get renewing - COYR!

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume you've noticed after 38 games we're only 1 point away from relegation?

Yes? Seems pretty standard for City to me. Especially when paying heed to the loss of a star player without a replacement, injuries, incredible amount of bad luck from refereeing decisions and loss of confidence that always has an effect on footballers, I'm prepared to give the manager a chance when he's shown good ability before the bad run and we've also started turning it around since Pemberton left, so maybe, just maybe, the new coaching staff have found something that works?

By all means don't renew, but don't pretentiously announce to everyone else that you're not renewing because of the manager. Says a lot about any individual that does that, not renewing because of an agenda against a manager that's doing his best and has begun turning it around. Enjoy Saturday's next season shopping or out in the garden!

Archived