IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

15 minutes ago, redpole said:

I've moved mine and my daughters tickets from lower lansdown to upper family section. As she is free, does she still get a free shirt like she got this season by paying £50????

yes...or at least both of mine did this season with one free from being in S27

17 minutes ago, redpole said:

I've moved mine and my daughters tickets from lower lansdown to upper family section. As she is free, does she still get a free shirt like she got this season by paying £50????

Yes. All the under 12 season tickets come with a free shirt. 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'll restate what I've said previously.

I don't want an ST for League One and unless I have a brain seizure, will wait until I know which league we will be in. And as a dual ST holder, it now seems certain that Bristol Rugby will be relegated also so I will pick games without an ST.

Following this season's shambles at both clubs and after sixty seven years supporting both clubs, I really do wonder that I should call it a day and wander along to Burnham Rugby or Weston Super Mare FC for my Saturday fixes. 

You don't want to watch us if we are in League One (presumably because it's a lower standard than the Championship) so you'll go and watch Weston Super Mare instead..?! 

2 hours ago, Redtilldead said:

I'm concerned about the fact I only have till Monday 3rd April to actually renew my seat, after that date anyone could purchase it,  

this seems a lot sooner than other years and doesn't give you long to guarantee your seat. 

How long do you need to complete a 2 minute transaction..?!

7 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

When you see some of the offers clubs have got for next season, the likes of Bradford, Rochdale and Huddersfield, makes you realise how very much it's business first with Bristol Sports.

I will not be renewing as stated previously. I believe with the utter shit served up this season that SL and his Bristol Sports mob could have done a lot more to entice people back and make things more affordable for your average family man.

That's 3 clubs you are quoting. Albeit with very good offers, granted. 

You can't just ignore pretty much every other club though, against which most of our prices compare pretty favourably. 

Forget the odd exception and our prices stand up well against most others, I'd guess. 

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's 3 clubs you are quoting. Albeit with very good offers, granted. 

You can't just ignore pretty much every other club though, against which most of our prices compare pretty favourably. 

Forget the odd exception and our prices stand up well against most others, I'd guess. 

Maybe they do, but clubs are looking to make football more affordable for fans and I think we will start to see more and more coming up with offers.

Why can't Bristol Sports lead the way with a few other clubs? Be in the minority and clubs doing the right thing rather than the majority of other clubs.

Not saying our ST are overly expensive but believe the club could do more to reduce prices.

I'm going to wait until next weekend to  decide if I will sort mine out. At least then, another game played will allow a better decision to be made as I won't be renewing to watch League One football. Another good reason for waiting is that I think distance selling law allows you to cancel within 14 days of purchase. By my reckoning, that means that if I bought mine on Sunday 2nd April and things continued to head south, I could cancel up to Sunday 16th April and get a full refund. We might have a better idea of where we are by then. Well thats my thoughts on it. Of course, I could be chatting complete shit and the distance selling regulations don't apply but that is my interpretation of  them, and it could allow me to buy my seat with a guarantee of getting my money back if things are still looking bad at Easter.

30 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I'm going to wait until next weekend to  decide if I will sort mine out. At least then, another game played will allow a better decision to be made as I won't be renewing to watch League One football. Another good reason for waiting is that I think distance selling law allows you to cancel within 14 days of purchase. By my reckoning, that means that if I bought mine on Sunday 2nd April and things continued to head south, I could cancel up to Sunday 16th April and get a full refund. We might have a better idea of where we are by then. Well thats my thoughts on it. Of course, I could be chatting complete shit and the distance selling regulations don't apply but that is my interpretation of  them, and it could allow me to buy my seat with a guarantee of getting my money back if things are still looking bad at Easter.

City till you die right?

It amazes me how many people are basing their renewal decision on which division we may be in.

I can almost see the point in people not renewing while Johnson is in charge if they feel that strongly about it (though they may well change their tune at some point during next season's glorious promotion charge), but to only be interested if we're playing at a high enough level for your particular tastes is just strange. Surely you are there for City and not the opposition?

32 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

City till you die right?

Apparently its a business. The football club that I love want it to be about business. Therefore, looking at it as a business transaction.I'm buying entertainment. I won't be entertained watching half of the fixtures in league one, so won't buy the product. I can however, buy the product when I feel I will be entertained leaving me to buy other entertainment products as I see fit. And yes, I am sure you are a much better fan than me.

23 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Apparently its a business. The football club that I love want it to be about business. Therefore, looking at it as a business transaction.I'm buying entertainment. I won't be entertained watching half of the fixtures in league one, so won't buy the product. I can however, buy the product when I feel I will be entertained leaving me to buy other entertainment products as I see fit. And yes, I am sure you are a much better fan than me.

Surely though, if you are buying a ticket based on the perceived entertainment value, relegation would be a good thing?

Chances are we would score more and win more in League One, therefore making it more entertaining from a home team perspective.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surely though, if you are buying a ticket based on the perceived entertainment value, relegation would be a good thing?

Chances are we would score more and win more in League One, therefore making it more entertaining from a home team perspective.

Good point.  I hadn't thought of it like that. Bloody hell. I thought I had the answer.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

It amazes me how many people are basing their renewal decision on which division we may be in.

I can almost see the point in people not renewing while Johnson is in charge if they feel that strongly about it (though they may well change their tune at some point during next season's glorious promotion charge), but to only be interested if we're playing at a high enough level for your particular tastes is just strange. Surely you are there for City and not the opposition?

I wonder (and this honestly isn't a pop at anyone) how many saying they aren't going to renew are recent season ticket holders who can't remember some of the dross we've been served up in the last almost two decades that I've been watching City. 

While the results haven't been good this season, some of the football we've played in the last 20 years has been much worse I'd argue. I'd still wanna watch City play even if we were in the conference. Lee Johnson will leave one day, we'll still be here and should support our club. 

Just my opinion mind and I respect others decisions. I just think some people have short memories. :) 

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Maybe they do, but clubs are looking to make football more affordable for fans and I think we will start to see more and more coming up with offers.

Why can't Bristol Sports lead the way with a few other clubs? Be in the minority and clubs doing the right thing rather than the majority of other clubs.

Not saying our ST are overly expensive but believe the club could do more to reduce prices.

£15 quid a game is reasonable for watching championship football, it's a rip off for league one football

34 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I wonder (and this honestly isn't a pop at anyone) how many saying they aren't going to renew are recent season ticket holders who can't remember some of the dross we've been served up in the last almost two decades that I've been watching City. 

While the results haven't been good this season, some of the football we've played in the last 20 years has been much worse I'd argue. I'd still wanna watch City play even if we were in the conference. Lee Johnson will leave one day, we'll still be here and should support our club. 

Just my opinion mind and I respect others decisions. I just think some people have short memories. :) 

I always say I'm not renewing, I always renew, I think the only time I never renewed was when Wilson was sacked and we appointed Tinnion, it made me that angry,

While we've been shit this season at least we've had fight in us other then a couple of games (fulham springs to mind), under McInnes/Sod we never had that,

So yea it's poor, but it's been a lot worse in the very recent past,

32 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

£15 quid a game is reasonable for watching championship football, it's a rip off for league one football

I would be happy to pay £15 to watch my Club anytime.  I prefer the Championship - but our last season in League 1 was one of the most entertaining for many years. Unlike some on here, I am not really a fan of football and rarely watch teams other than City.  I am a fan of City in good times and bad - whatever the league and whoever the manager, owner or players! COYR!

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Just the opposite I think Dolly.

The dismal woes of O'Driscoll are still fresh in the mind.

Then we get it right (for once) by appointing Cotts., and have a glorious period in the sunshine only for SC to hit troubled waters and the board then compounding the SO'D misery by inflicting the equally depressing LJ on us.

After the almost once in a lifetime hope inspired by SC's spectacular double winning season, reverting once again to a gloom laden and totally frustrating season under a coach many of us will never believe in has been too much to take for many long time ST holders.

The likelihood of similar next season if LJ stays is not a prospect already punch drunk fans are likely to anticipate with much enthusiasm.

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Just the opposite I think Dolly.

The dismal woes of O'Driscoll are still fresh in the mind.

Then we get it right (for once) by appointing Cotts., and have a glorious period in the sunshine only for SC to hit troubled waters and the board then compounding the SO'D misery by inflicting the equally depressing LJ on us.

After the almost once in a lifetime hope inspired by SC's spectacular double winning season, reverting once again to a gloom laden and totally frustrating season under a coach many of us will never believe in has been too much to take for many long time ST holders.

The likelihood of similar next season if LJ stays is not a prospect already punch drunk fans are likely to anticipate with much enthusiasm.

You really think that under LJ we are anything, even remotely similar, to the dross served up under SOD...? 

Got mine Friday, whatever division we are in (and I am convinced it will be the Championship) I will be there as often as my work allows to support my team. I took a year out a few seasons back when I felt that there was a danger that the club had abandoned it's long term plans, and I missed it like a drug addict misses his fix. 

CTID apparently :)

I don't think Johnson is very good, I think Lansdown as an owner is even worse, but the world continues and i was so excited at renewing the boys season tickets next year.

Lots of others moving there as well next year, should be fun!

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I don't think Johnson is very good, I think Lansdown as an owner is even worse, but the world continues and i was so excited at renewing the boys season tickets next year.

Lots of others moving there as well next year, should be fun!

It is shocking how terrible Lansdown has been as an owner, no investment in the club, no investment in the team and no investment in the stadium. To cap it all he has the cheek to hang around, even though some ungrateful bastards take him for granted.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It is shocking how terrible Lansdown has been as an owner, no investment in the club, no investment in the team and no investment in the stadium. To cap it all he has the cheek to hang around, even though some ungrateful bastards take him for granted.

10 years of footballing failure.

He's not a bad man, he has though, by his own standards, failed.

I struggle to comprehend arguments that suggest otherwise.

As has been born out by this season, there are those who do and don't believe it. Little point in dragging it out,

Archived