IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just renewed mine for next season regardless of what division we're in. Cost me £401.

I support the club no matter who owns it or who is managing the team. I still renew even if Holloway was the manager......

CTID.

#superfan or #addict or #gullible?? Everyone sees it differently.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just renewed mine for next season regardless of what division we're in. Cost me £401.

I support the club no matter who owns it or who is managing the team. I still renew even if Holloway was the manager......

CTID.

Steady on....

23 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

#superfan or #addict or #gullible?? Everyone sees it differently.

Probably someone who enjoys going to the game with their pals, has been around long enough to know that things change and quite enjoys his Saturday routine of pub/pals/points and opinions.

We do all see it differently, but for me the negatives of this season don't come close to outweighing the positives of my matchday experience. 

I go to football. I hope I'll enjoy the game and not just the pre and post match catch up with friends. But you can't win them all, but I enjoy watching the team try.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably someone who enjoys going to the game with their pals, has been around long enough to know that things change and quite enjoys his Saturday routine of pub/pals/points and opinions.

We do all see it differently, but for me the negatives of this season don't come close to outweighing the positives of my matchday experience. 

I go to football. I hope I'll enjoy the game and not just the pre and post match catch up with friends. But you can't win them all, but I enjoy watching the team try.

We don't all go to AG to meet up with pals and have a few pints - I did exactly that for probably 20 seasons in my younger days - the football experience itself needs to stand alone as an attraction and even, dare I say it, should include a modicum of entertainment. Not once every 5 games, but every time.

If games are boring, frustrating and we're mostly losing, as well as managerial decisions bewildering and irritating us from the announcement of the starting line up to late substitutions, the whole experience can become a habit that's simply not enjoyable.

I've certainly found that this season. If I just want to meet up with pals, have a few drinks and talk football I can do that without getting a season ticket and without ever setting foot in AG.

To keep long time fans interested in buying ST's City need to buck their ideas up imo., and remember that actively supporting your local side is meant to be enjoyable and entertaining more than just occasionally.

Also that we're not all so pissed every week that we hardly notice when it isn't.

21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We don't all go to AG to meet up with pals and have a few pints - I did exactly that for probably 20 seasons in my younger days - the football experience itself needs to stand alone as an attraction and even, dare I say it, should include a modicum of entertainment. Not once every 5 games, but every time.

If games are boring, frustrating and we're mostly losing, as well as managerial decisions bewildering and irritating us from the announcement of the starting line up to late substitutions, the whole experience can become a habit that's simply not enjoyable.

I've certainly found that this season. If I just want to meet up with pals, have a few drinks and talk football I can do that without getting a season ticket and without ever setting foot in AG.

To keep long time fans interested in buying ST's City need to buck their ideas up imo., and remember that actively supporting your local side is meant to be enjoyable and entertaining more than just occasionally.

Also that we're not all so pissed every week that we hardly notice when it isn't.

Agree with all that but isn`t not enjoying it part of being who we are to a certain extent? It`s the crap we have to endure that makes the (infrequent) good times so much better for me.

18 hours ago, Redtilldead said:

I'm concerned about the fact I only have till Monday 3rd April to actually renew my seat, after that date anyone could purchase it,  

this seems a lot sooner than other years and doesn't give you long to guarantee your seat. 

I'm not sure it's that much sooner although the last couple of years were a little later (and complicated by the redevelopment and enforced seat moves which needed longer priority periods)

e.g. 2010/11: "You can now renew your season ticket for 2010/11 for the reduced price of £425. This offer is only available until March 6th when prices are set to increase."

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would love to go to the ground and have a few pints with my pals. However I have to drive up from Devon and then back. To somewhere not on the main trainline so that isn't an option. Which means it really is all about the football for me. 

I agree it has been worse. However I also think (last game excepted) it has been gradually getting worse under Lee. Hence my reluctance to commit for next season. Even if we do stay up.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

What you need is FOOD VOUCHERS!!!!!

So interestingly when you renew your Season Card your online receipt number may indicate how quickly you did so across the fanbase.  If this is the case I am within the Top 140 and far from maintaining this is anything to be proud about I find myself a little embarrassed after a year spent being infuriated by the club and Johnson. Trouble is, when you sit with 3 friends, you love the social aspect and most importantly the team what are you going to do? #OverABarrell

Of course the number could be for today only or completely at random. This is all besides the point in any case, the relevant point is I renewed and the club know that most will.

4 hours ago, 054123 said:

I don't think Johnson is very good, I think Lansdown as an owner is even worse, but the world continues and i was so excited at renewing the boys season tickets next year.

Lots of others moving there as well next year, should be fun!

How you can speak about Lansdown in the way that you do is beyond me!

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You really think that under LJ we are anything, even remotely similar, to the dross served up under SOD...? 

I agree but we should be better for an outlay of £15,000,000 this season. I don't remember O'Dismal having much of a budget apart from signing Flint, Fielding and JET.  For the money spent we have been shite, the team selections, formations and constant tinkering has been equally as frustrating.

25 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You'd have thought someone else would have mentioned that ?

It just goes to show that you can serve up dross, run the club incompetently, nepotism to boot but some fans will still blindly chuck £400 at the project. Fair play to them, but many have had enough.

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

£15 quid a game is reasonable for watching championship football, it's a rip off for league one football

Reasonable yes, but not compared to Huddersfield who will work out at £8 a game in the championship or £10.50 a game in the Prem should they get there.

That is giving something back to the fans and something Bristol Sports seem incapable of!

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Would love to go to the ground and have a few pints with my pals. However I have to drive up from Devon and then back. To somewhere not on the main trainline so that isn't an option. Which means it really is all about the football for me. 

I agree it has been worse. However I also think (last game excepted) it has been gradually getting worse under Lee. Hence my reluctance to commit for next season. Even if we do stay up.

Completely understand that. If I were in your position my match day experience would be entirely different.

2 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

So interestingly when you renew your Season Card your online receipt number may indicate how quickly you did so across the fanbase.  If this is the case I am within the Top 140 and far from maintaining this is anything to be proud about I find myself a little embarrassed after a year spent being infuriated by the club and Johnson. Trouble is, when you sit with 3 friends, you love the social aspect and most importantly the team what are you going to do? #OverABarrell

Of course the number could be for today only or completely at random. This is all besides the point in any case, the relevant point is I renewed and the club know that most will.

Where do you view the receipt number?

Archived