IGNORED

Holiday / honeymoon destinations ?

1960maaan

All feels a bit rushed , but after 14 years I am getting married . Next July  so I am after interesting and sunny potential destinations. 
We will have a few days at Burgh Island in Devon straight after the 'do' and will probably go away in September . I have had a knock back for Japan or China, the Amalfi coast is a possible but have no set plans. I think I saw that Bali was wet then so any where you can say this is the place and it won't cost £20k a week as I saw for one place, and 2 safaris.

Thanks in advance

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

All feels a bit rushed , but after 14 years I am getting married . Next July  so I am after interesting and sunny potential destinations. 
We will have a few days at Burgh Island in Devon straight after the 'do' and will probably go away in September . I have had a knock back for Japan or China, the Amalfi coast is a possible but have no set plans. I think I saw that Bali was wet then so any where you can say this is the place and it won't cost £20k a week as I saw for one place, and 2 safaris.

Thanks in advance

Brean ?

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Thanks in advance

That seems a bit young to be getting married :whistle:

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I took her there one weekend, chips on the front, walk on the sand even tried to take her up the hillock. She was having' none of it 

Ok, but this time you will be married so should be able to take her up anything that takes your fancy.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Brean ?

A safari at Brean...

"As we stand outside the local watering hole named The Seagull, we spot the long legged Pontins dweller and his mate, weary eyed after too much watering. It appears that the male wishes to mate as he begins to perform the wobble dance and exposes his rear to the female to which she applauds. They begin to cuddle and sway and occasionally tumble as they follow the sand track behind the watering hole, that leads to the secluded beach where the animals can procreate to the sounds of the mud flapping and slapping as the tide moves in and out..."

David Attenborough on Britain's Nocturnal Creatures.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thanks in advance

We did Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC and then flew to Los Angeles and drove up the coast. We stopped in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Cambria, Monterey, Santa Cruz and then finished off in San Francisco which was probably the weakest part of the trip. An amazing honeymoon but a lot of travelling!

31 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

A safari at Brean...

"As we stand outside the local watering hole named The Seagull, we spot the long legged Pontins dweller and his mate, weary eyed after too much watering. It appears that the male wishes to mate as he begins to perform the wobble dance and exposes his rear to the female to which she applauds. They begin to cuddle and sway and occasionally tumble as they follow the sand track behind the watering hole, that leads to the secluded beach where the animals can procreate to the sounds of the mud flapping and slapping as the tide moves in and out..."

David Attenborough on Britain's Nocturnal Creatures.

Safari so goody

2 hours ago, Northamptonshire Red said:

We did Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC and then flew to Los Angeles and drove up the coast. We stopped in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Cambria, Monterey, Santa Cruz and then finished off in San Francisco which was probably the weakest part of the trip. An amazing honeymoon but a lot of travelling!

Pffft,  Lyme Regis B&B for two nights... one night sleeping in car ('66 Hillman Super Minx (aka honeymoon hotel for one day in 1979 .. proper upholstered reclining seats doncha know,  :)  )  ... bloody expensive overall though B&B .. Cod Lots AND best part of a tenners worth of 3*** Shell petrol.

:shocking:  Crikey thought I -never again! 

Guess we all gotta push the boat out at least once in a lifetime though.

Got married on a Friday, went up to AG for a home game v Hull on the Saturday and straight down to Salisbury afterwards. One night there and then across to the Isle of Wight for a week. The new Mrs RRH wasn`t best pleased though when I went up to Oxford on the Wednesday for that Zenith Data Systems cup game where Dave Rennie blasted his penalty out of the ground - particularly since it was her birthday too! Left the IOW on Saturday morning and drove to Ipswich for an away game.

Amazing she`s still married to me really!

On 25/03/2017 at 13:16, 1960maaan said:

Thanks in advance

What were you in for ? 

On 25/03/2017 at 13:16, 1960maaan said:

Thanks in advance

Burma is amazing, the people are very welcoming and not too spoilt by tourism which is just taking off .

You can visit temples , see artisans making lacquered items , jewelry etc , go to Lake Inley and finish off by the ocean at Nyapoli beach and still have change for bag of chips . 

On 02/04/2017 at 19:42, Pound Lane Red said:

Cancun on an all inclusive deal. We had a great two weeks. Variety of stuff to do or just laze about in the pool. Swim up bar etc. Decent

I've always wondered. Where do you keep your cash/change when your using a swim up bar?

8 minutes ago, Paddy31 said:

Image result for cathedral cove honeymoon

Cathedral Cove?

Related image

Hot Water Beach? (dig your own hot tub)

Image result for coromandel honeymoon accommodation

Pool?

The Coromandel weather is sub-tropical, so you'll get warm weather and not too many people.

Dream trip. I've always wanted to go to NZ. Just sensational.

Only issue is Hubby will want a traditional Maori tattoo done with a chisel. Probably a huge strip across his face. So will have to wait til he abandons that thought.

On 25/03/2017 at 15:14, Northamptonshire Red said:

This - or a variation. 

16 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Dream trip. I've always wanted to go to NZ. Just sensational.

Only issue is Hubby will want a traditional Maori tattoo done with a chisel. Probably a huge strip across his face. So will have to wait til he abandons that thought.

I have one. Tell him it hurts - a lot.

Archived