IGNORED

They've forgotten about SL

Redbo

25 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah was watching that earlier. On the topic of awful owners at orient and coventry. 

It could be a lot bloody worse looking at other clubs...

How quick some people forget,

i wouldn't want a different owner that's for sure, I'd want him to learn a bit more however

Bristol City, Steve Lansdown (2000-)

Few owners can be regarded worse than Steve Lansdown, who took control of the club when it was in League One. Since then City have established themselves as a Championship side, abit struggling at the wrong end of the table. £48m of investment has seen a redeveloped stadium with increased capacity and facilities. The training ground has also been done up and under Lansdowns tenure the club won their first league trophy in over 50 years as well as making it to their highest league position since the 79s under Gary Johnson.

Yep, belongs in that list..

4 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Few owners can be regarded worse than Steve Lansdown, who took control of the club when it was in League One. Since then City have established themselves as a Championship side, abit struggling at the wrong end of the table. £48m of investment has seen a redeveloped stadium with increased capacity and facilities. The training ground has also been done up and under Lansdowns tenure the club won their first league trophy in over 50 years as well as making it to their highest league position since the 79s under Gary Johnson.

Who wrote that? Its sensationalistic bollocks.

Obviously not a City supporter.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

OP: Me, me, look at me :facepalm:

Not at all. Just think it's interesting to see the actual terrible owners there are out there. People complaining about Landsown is embarrassing when you see what else there is. Yes, we'd all love a 'perfect' owner. But they don't exist. 

2 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Not at all. Just think it's interesting to see the actual terrible owners there are out there. People complaining about Landsown is embarrassing when you see what else there is. Yes, we'd all love a 'perfect' owner. But they don't exist. 

Afraid that's not how your post came over.

Now if you'd have said 'Funny, SL isn't in the bad boy list', or something similar, that might have been seen as taking the piss, a bit like CM's post.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just got a glowing report from Cotts on soccer Saturday .

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah was watching that earlier. On the topic of awful owners at orient and coventry. 

It could be a lot bloody worse looking at other clubs...

Missed it. What was said?

Cheers in advance.

8 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Afraid that's not how your post came over.

Now if you'd have said 'Funny, SL isn't in the bad boy list', or something similar, that might have been seen as taking the piss, a bit like CM's post.

It came across like that to me, stop being so cynical, leave that to @cynic

58 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

So apart from covering losses of £50m +, funding the stadium redevelopment of £48m, overseeing the club winning the first league trophy ever and their highest league position since the late 70s, just what has Steve Lansdown done for us? :)

With apologies to Monty Python's Life of Brian.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

So apart from covering losses of £50m +, funding the stadium redevelopment of £48m, overseeing the club winning the first league trophy ever and their highest league position since the late 70s, just what has Steve Lansdown done for us? :)

He put LJ in charge for a Johnson revival !!! Where's Pete and GJ's missus on the pies

Rather than pick the chairmans fancy, regardless that the current. Boss has lack of championship experience , and is tactically incompetent   , I think one of the fans tea and. Biscuit groups scat or the trust should have a say in choosing a.  Boss.  To see if fans are broadly supportive of a new appointment .  Although this does sound like a mike parry idea. 

On 25/03/2017 at 15:10, Septic Peg said:

And FWIW, I don't think SL is in the same league as the Venkys or the Oystons. SL might be stubborn but he puts his money where his mouth is...

You don't think Steve Lansdown is in the same league as the Venkys or the Oystons??  You mean you had to think about that??  Steve Lansdown vs the two most corrupt families in football?  Blimey.

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You don't think Steve Lansdown is in the same league as the Venkys or the Oystons??  You mean you had to think about that??  Steve Lansdown vs the two most corrupt families in football?  Blimey.

You know what I meant... sodding WUM... :thumbsup:

On 25/03/2017 at 16:32, Redbo said:

I take your point but that's not true take Tony Bloom at Brighton for starters. I'm sure there are few other

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You are a better man than me. Blimey was not the words that came into my head.

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

I take your point but that's not true take Tony Bloom at Brighton for starters. I'm sure there are few other

True. They're definitely few and far between though. And they're certainly outnumbered by the bad ones. 

On 25/03/2017 at 17:04, downendcity said:

"First league trophy ever"??!

Archived