IGNORED

They've forgotten about SL

Redbo

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"First league trophy ever"??!

Should have added "in over 50 years" - I was replying to Chairmen Mao's comment, in which he made that comment.

It could be worse, but it could also be better. Although no football club should be the property of a rich tax dodger who only got involved because little Jon ran out of this to ask his dad for Christmas, or anyone for that matter. Owners come and go, as do players, but the supporters and community that football clubs represent will never go. They are the rightful owners of every club. 

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Surely the mark of Steve Lansdown's success has to be the financial stability of the club, not where we stand in the league, and the fact is that we are much better off than most clubs in the league, whether above or below us.

Depends on what you deem as success, I prefer to look at the football league tables.

Everyone seems to have forgotten very quickly the Bristol Sport Project, which many City fans have very serious doubts about.

Everyone seems to have forgotten very quickly the blatant nepotism within the club

Everyone seems to have forgotten very quickly the emasculated Board

Everyone seems very quickly to have forgotten interference with selection of playing staff, e.g. Mr James

Everyone seems very quickly to have forgotten the shambles that was Ashton Vale

Everyone seems very quickly to have forgotten the unexplained and baffling agreement with Rovers over transfers

Please feel free to add to this initial list

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten very quickly the Bristol Sport Project, which many City fans have very serious doubts about.

Everyone seems to have forgotten very quickly the blatant nepotism within the club

Everyone seems very quickly to have forgotten interference with selection of playing staff, e.g. Mr James

Everyone seems very quickly to have forgotten the unexplained and baffling agreement with Rovers over transfers

Everyone seems to have forgotten...

no, sorry, it's gone.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes and top of the list is the Bristol Sport Project. The project the saw our football club lose it's heritage and to a certain extent it's values.I hate the new 'look' that we have had forced upon us, it is so all things to everyone, and nothing to all. What are we Bristol or Bristol City FC? 

24 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yes and top of the list is the Bristol Sport Project. The project the saw our football club lose it's heritage and to a certain extent it's values.I hate the new 'look' that we have had forced upon us, it is so all things to everyone, and nothing to all. What are we Bristol or Bristol City FC? 

How dare you doubt Bristol Sport Football Division FC. You'll be knocking the Bristol Sport Rugby Reds next!

On 3/25/2017 at 16:03, Chairman Mao said:

Bristol City, Steve Lansdown (2000-)

Few owners can be regarded worse than Steve Lansdown, who took control of the club when it was in League One. Since then City have established themselves as a Championship side, abit struggling at the wrong end of the table. £48m of investment has seen a redeveloped stadium with increased capacity and facilities. The training ground has also been done up and under Lansdowns tenure the club won their first league trophy in over 50 years as well as making it to their highest league position since the 79s under Gary Johnson.

Yep, belongs in that list..

When did we become an "established" championship club?

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

How the **** could anybody forget any of this when you continually inject your anti- Lansdown rhetoric into every posting. Change the bloody record or bugger off to Gas-chat where you will be very positively received.

12 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

How the **** could anybody forget any of this when you continually inject your anti- Lansdown rhetoric into every posting. Change the bloody record or bugger off to Gas-chat where you will be very positively received.

He can post what he likes. If you don't like it you can ignore him or not read his posts. For some they see the improved facilities and therefore thank him, others see the loss of identity and atmosphere and resent him for it. We all go to football for different reasons so allow him to have a different opinion. 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

He can post what he likes. If you don't like it you can ignore him or not read his posts. For some they see the improved facilities and therefore thank him, others see the loss of identity and atmosphere and resent him for it. We all go to football for different reasons so allow him to have a different opinion. 

Of course he can post what he likes. You don't find it boring? Forgot all about the ignore button. Now deployed. Thanks WTTJ.

1 hour ago, Ashtonboy said:

Of course he can post what he likes. You don't find it boring? Forgot all about the ignore button. Now deployed. Thanks WTTJ.

TBH I share his cynicism and it's always easier to read posts that you can relate to. That said I find the diversity on this forum is what makes it one of the better football forums so as of yet, I've not ignored anybody. Although I may skip over certain posters posts.

6 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I don't think anyone forgot any of those things. I think what is more accurate is that everyone remembered the existence of  'perspective'.

Is SL perfect? No.

Has he got some things wrong? Yes.

Has he done more good than harm since he has been here? I would say "yes" for the reasons @Chairman Mao outlines but accept others might take a different view.

Are there are other owners who have done far worse things with the clubs they own? I would say an unequivocal yes to that one. 

3 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

A most unhelpful and rude contribution

I have been red since before you were even thought of.  Show some respect to those with whom you disagree.

Some of us are genuinely deeply worried about SL stewardship of our club.  Why that should, in your view, make us Rovers supporters when some of us have been red for decades I fail to see

I am pleased that the points I have raised can't be forgotten,it suggests that they are not ignored but worried over

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

A most unhelpful and rude contribution

I have been red since before you were even thought of.  Show some respect to those with whom you disagree.

Some of us are genuinely deeply worried about SL stewardship of our club.  Why that should, in your view, make us Rovers supporters when some of us have been red for decades I fail to see

I am pleased that the points I have raised can't be forgotten,it suggests that they are not ignored but worried over

I had take you off ignore after further consideration! Ivor,  I enjoy immensely the differing views expressed on this forum, but your relentless diatribes against the Lansdowns only ever exposes your hatred for the current owners and chosen setup. I get that you miss the Dolman/Atyeo era,  but we are where we are. Try some positivity occasionally and lighten up .By the way, stop playing the age game. I too have been watching and supporting the club for well over 50 years and accept that the current owners have the right to run the club in this way, in the same way that Harry ran it his way during  his tenure. By the way, Harry could be ruthless and made decisions that didn't always please the fans. If you see a viable alternative to the Lansdowns, let's talk about it

I hate no one and my comments are not what is usually construed as a diatribe but a perfectly rational opinion with which you disagree.  You have not addressed the substantive points raised.  

Of course there are alternatives not only to the owner but also the way the club is legally set up and run.

OK we will never agree but I shall exercise my right to say without an agenda what I believe are the problems the club is and will face.

Said all I am going to say on this thread.  People can agree or disagree or simply be abusive. Their choice

9 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Had the pleasure of Mr James's company last night for 10 mins in the bar of the Hilton next to Wembley after yesterday's England game. 

Absolute tosh about him being SL's signing. Only spoke to SL once to talk about his vision for the club. Said he signed for Coppell and was gutted when Coppell walked, which he said no-one saw coming. 

Did say although Mcinnes didn't play him much, he really rated him as a manager. 

Final comments were along the lines of, fantastic bloke, has a genuine love for the club and that he would love the opportunity to work for him, if the chance ever arose. 

8 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Had the pleasure of Mr James's company last night for 10 mins in the bar of the Hilton next to Wembley after yesterday's England game. 

Absolute tosh about him being SL's signing. Only spoke to SL once to talk about his vision for the club. Said he signed for Coppell and was gutted when Coppell walked, which he said no-one saw coming. 

Did say although Mcinnes didn't play him much, he really rated him as a manager. 

Final comments were along the lines of, fantastic bloke, has a genuine love for the club and that he would love the opportunity to work for him, if the chance ever arose. 

Some people will only believe what they want to mate and their view will never change even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I`d just give it up if I were you, I have.

19 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten where I left my glasses .

Archived