IGNORED

Gareth Chilcott (Merged)

cityred exile

1 minute ago, cityred exile said:

Former Bath rugby and big CITY fan , Used to sit behind me  and ST holder in the Williams , Not seen him , or heard of him in the media for a year or two    Anybody know  how he is  , whereabouts ? 

He was running / owned The Tunnels venue at Temple Meads, not sure if he's still involved there or no though. I'm sure he's still about though.

He's still the owner of the Tunnels. Go there regularly. He also lives round the corner from me and bumped into him in Tesco,s a week or so ago. As others have mentioned , he sadly lost his wife 18 months ago and has since had to have a transplant op himself .  

He used to do our taxi runs to Lulsgate (Bristol International Airport) for our skiing holidays. Had his own taxi / minibus firm. My mate was his understudy at Bath, but they brought in Victor Ubogu and he replaced Coochie instead...so he'd book him to do the run for us.

Nice guy,never heard a bad word said about him...although I never read a Panto review!!!!!

One of life's good guys. Very sorry to here of his wife and the liver trouble. Mind you, he must have given that liver a run for its money over the years.

A rambling Cooch golf story, if nobody minds. Some years ago Couch and Guscott joined Lansdown Golf Club. Guscott, who's still a member up there, was a bit of a golfing star .(Chain smoked all the way round, btw).

Cooch's golf swing could be better be described as 'agricultural' although you could rely on him to eagle the 19th. Anyhoo, one day I was playing in a pairs tournament along with my mate Ken, so there'd be 2 pairs going around together. The 12th at Lansdown is a short hole, and quite often a bottleneck. By the time we got there there were 4 around the tee going off, 4 waiting and the 4 of us that just arrived, making 12 in total. Eventually we get the the front and there's 4 behind us, and another 4 arrive to make up 12 again. The last 4 to arrive included Mr Chilcott. My mate Ken hits his tee shot and to be honest it was cr4p. Ken, frustrated, says to no one in particular 'I never like playing in front of an audience'. He walks a few more paces and then looks at Cooch and says 'What am I saying? You play in front of thousands'. Absolutely no reaction from Cooch. Nothing. Ken walks back to his bag to the sound of his own steps, a disappointed man. Cooch then says in his broad Bristol accent: 'Thing is mate, I don't give a f***'.

Priceless.

I had a road rage incident many years ago, lost my temper and pulled up alongside the other 'offending' car in a gobby mood only to realise it was Gareth driving the other car. I face-palmed, shook my head in disbelief and he just smiled like a Cheshire cat at me. Peace prevailed. I felt like a right plonker and I've since given up being a mouthy youth. Top bloke.

18 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Really top bloke. Heard him do an interview on Radio Bristol recently (with Yabsley I think), and seemed to be doing well!!

A great listen. I'm sure there was a feature on Points West about him recently too. I remember him talking about the training for young people.

1 hour ago, RiverRed said:

I had a road rage incident many years ago, lost my temper and pulled up alongside the other 'offending' car in a gobby mood only to realise it was Gareth driving the other car. I face-palmed, shook my head in disbelief and he just smiled like a Cheshire cat at me. Peace prevailed. I felt like a right plonker and I've since given up being a mouthy youth. Top bloke.

My mate is adamant he squirted GC and his son with super soaker 500's down in St Ives from his brothers VW. They drove up a one way street and GC later caught up with them, not in the best of moods demanding the window to be wound  down, followed by an apology. 

They crapped themselves and arse licked their way out of what could have been a sticky situation. 

3 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

It was what it was, it was a different era

I'm 44 and sincerley hope people don't still judge me for my actions in my teens :facepalm:

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Poor old GT didn't know what to say when Coochie referred to 'lively times' following City !!!

:laughcont:

The same GT that had a few words from the rozzers when he and Joe Jordan squared up back when he was Holloway's assistant... 

Archived